Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Why the fuck is it illegal to sell and even consume kangaroo meat in fucking California?!? I would have thought CA would be one of the best places for importers/suppliers for exotic stuff.

FFS, California. Get your shit together. I want a goddamn roo burger.
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Didn't Cali also ban fois gras?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Why the fuck is it illegal to sell and even consume kangaroo meat in fucking California?!? I would have thought CA would be one of the best places for importers/suppliers for exotic stuff.

FFS, California. Get your shit together. I want a goddamn roo burger.
    Exotic Meats here in San Antonio sells kangaroo. At the moment, most of the cuts are out of stock, but you can still get 'roo burgers.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Exotic Meats here in San Antonio sells kangaroo. At the moment, most of the cuts are out of stock, but you can still get 'roo burgers.
    Excellent, thanks! Pretty much all the websites I've been sifting through for the past month or so are basically out of stock for everything, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's out of season for culling roos in Oz or something.

Edit: I went to their page for just the roo burger, and they're also out of stock, so not sure if they have some in the variety pack, or if they're actually out and haven't updated the page.
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Didn't Cali also ban fois gras?
    I can actually get behind that, because the way fois gras normally is produced is cruel.

For fair-chase, ethically-taken roos that are far from being threatened in any way (other than eating themselves literally out of house and home by being over carrying capacity), not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Excellent, thanks! Pretty much all the websites I've been sifting through for the past month or so are basically out of stock for everything, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's out of season for culling roos in Oz or something.

Edit: I went to their page for just the roo burger, and they're also out of stock, so not sure if they have some in the variety pack, or if they're actually out and haven't updated the page.
    Scroll to the bottom of that page and add Kangaroo Burgers/Ground to your cart.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

• Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212