Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari Face View Post
    So if dogs' noses are 6 to 7 orders of magnitude more sensitive than humans', WHY THE (*(**&^$#^$%%& DO THEY HAVE TO STICK THEIR NOSES IN ONE'S CROTCH TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE?
    The same reason a man can get a girl pregnant with one sperm cell injected into an egg in the lab, but goes ahead and shoots a couple million into her later.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari Face View Post
    So if dogs' noses are 6 to 7 orders of magnitude more sensitive than humans', WHY THE (*(**&^$#^$%%& DO THEY HAVE TO STICK THEIR NOSES IN ONE'S CROTCH TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE?
    I can actually answer this. Sort of.

1. It's greeting behavior.
    2. Also, dogs comprehend the world through smell the way we do via sight and hearing. We are intaking vast amounts of sensory data through our eyes and ears all the time.
    3. It annoys the humans.

My dog is actually more interested in armpits than in crotches. Certain kinds of deodorant send him into a paroxysm of rubbing and sniffing. If you let him, he'll crawl into your lap and rub his muzzle in your armpit over and over, while he sniffs so deeply he sounds like he's snoring.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby Goblin View Post
    My dog is actually more interested in armpits than in crotches. Certain kinds of deodorant send him into a paroxysm of rubbing and sniffing. If you let him, he'll crawl into your lap and rub his muzzle in your armpit over and over, while he sniffs so deeply he sounds like he's snoring.
    A friend of mine's dog was all about leather shoes and desenex foot powder. He slip your boot on over his head and run about rubbing and rolling his head in the boot.

Put desenex on the floor and he'd act like cats do with catnip.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio

Ignore User
    nm
    Last edited by Ftumch; January 24th, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I've had two cats that were/are definite pit sniffers.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

What are these:
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    untidy josephs
    ?
    "This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

"The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

"'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I've got a pound of ground beef defrosting in the fridge and two baking potatoes on my kitchen counter. What should I make for dinner?
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Priss View Post
    What are these: ?
    Untidy Joseph = Sloppy Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    I've got a pound of ground beef defrosting in the fridge and two baking potatoes on my kitchen counter. What should I make for dinner?
    Crumble up the hamburger and brown it with some onions & mushrooms. Make some brown gravy. Split open your steaming baked potato on a plate and pour the hamburger mixture over it. Serve with a green salad.

Untidy Joseph = Sloppy Joe
    "This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

"The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

"'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Chilli and baked potato.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    i guess you missed Mr French telling Buffy and Jody about them.

diaglo "now i feel old" Ooi
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Grumpy Old Man
    Oratio

Ignore User
    mini meatloaf, mashed potatoes is the first thing that pops to mind.

hash is the next.

(which is funny, as comfort food usually follows hash.)

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    i guess you missed Mr French telling Buffy and Jody about them.

diaglo "now i feel old" Ooi

**NOW**??? you feel old?
    fuck you guys.

freaking RIPPED Rodrigo Istalindir's Avatar
    Province
    The Grand Duchy of Rodrigonia
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333465115 ... LastLast