Thread: Freeport Game OOC

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Well, a lot has happened! You're no longer in prison, as you'll note right away...

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Questions about Action Points:

1. How many do we have?
    2. How do we recover/acquire them?
    3. They can be used to add a d10 to a d20 roll? Are there other uses?

(Are you basically using the UA rules apart from the d10? Or do they have a narrative application?)

-Hyp.
    Last edited by Hypersmurf; December 23rd, 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    1) Standard for your level, which I forget off hand how many that is (6?) To acquire more, ask me and do something cool.

2) Any usage of Action points in d20 Modern, Unearthed Arcana, or Eberron (all three have slight variations) plus any other "breaking" of the rules at a similar scale.

Also; I was chatting with Alenda earlier, and it occured to me that I've thrown so many clues at you lately that several of them are likely to slip through the cracks. I should probably come up with a list of them here in OOC. However, I'm kinda lazy on stuff like that, which sounds like real work, so don't hold your breath for it to show up any time really soon, especially as the holiday starts and extended family completely over runs our house. Although... it's my wife's family, so I might be on the lookout for chances to break away from them...

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Hyp, how'd you get a +12 intimidate and a +14 bluff, and be able to take 10 on all social skills?

I took skill focus so Lash could be good at intimidate (it's his thing) so if there's a better option for that.....

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Also, 4-8 is a really poor time for me to post. Just saying, for the next time something starts around then, I'm probably not gonna be timely.

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    It's not usually for me either.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinoprancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Hyp, how'd you get a +12 intimidate and a +14 bluff, and be able to take 10 on all social skills?
    The Take 10 is a class feature from the Changeling Rogue 1 Substitution level.

Intimidate: 4 ranks, +4 Charisma, +2 Synergy from Bluff, +2 Racial
    Bluff: 5 ranks, +4 Charisma, +2 Racial, +3 Familiar

-Hyp.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyparumpapumpum View Post
    The Take 10 is a class feature from the Changeling Rogue 1 Substitution level.

Intimidate: 4 ranks, +4 Charisma, +2 Synergy from Bluff, +2 Racial
    Bluff: 5 ranks, +4 Charisma, +2 Racial, +3 Familiar

-Hyp.
    Ah. Forgot about the synergies, and had no idea changlings have a racial bonus to intimidate. That doesn't seem intuitive. 'Hi, we change shape, so we're naturally better at intimidating people,' doesn't make sense when you have 'hi, I'm an orange skinned, tusked, goblinoid with a racial history of extreme organized violence' who isn't good at intimidating people. I love D&D!

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Ah. Forgot about the synergies, and had no idea changlings have a racial bonus to intimidate. That doesn't seem intuitive. 'Hi, we change shape, so we're naturally better at intimidating people,' doesn't make sense when you have 'hi, I'm an orange skinned, tusked, goblinoid with a racial history of extreme organized violence' who isn't good at intimidating people. I love D&D!
    I think it's less about "Look at me, I'm scary!", and more about a knack for intuiting which buttons to push.

The racial writeup says "Changelings are inherently skilled in deception and intimidation, and though they cannot actually detect thoughts as doppelgangers can, they can intuitively read body language and attitude with surprising accuracy."

3E's always had that issue with Intimidate, though, where the elf bard tends to have a far higher Intimidate modifier than the half-orc barbarian, because even if they're both putting ranks in the skill, the barbarian's Cha mod sucks compared to the bard's...

-Hyp.

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Intimidate is wonky in 3e, yeah. I can't remember exactly how Trailblazer and Pathfinder addressed it, but I remember thinking that both of them were better.

In fact, I think the skill consolidations both rulesets did were a nifty minor little cleanup.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho-ho-hobo! View Post
    Also; I was chatting with Alenda earlier, and it occured to me that I've thrown so many clues at you lately that several of them are likely to slip through the cracks. I should probably come up with a list of them here in OOC.
    I've put a page on the wiki - feel free to edit if there's anything I've missed!

-Hyp.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyparumpapumpum View Post
    I think it's less about "Look at me, I'm scary!", and more about a knack for intuiting which buttons to push.

The racial writeup says "Changelings are inherently skilled in deception and intimidation, and though they cannot actually detect thoughts as doppelgangers can, they can intuitively read body language and attitude with surprising accuracy."

3E's always had that issue with Intimidate, though, where the elf bard tends to have a far higher Intimidate modifier than the half-orc barbarian, because even if they're both putting ranks in the skill, the barbarian's Cha mod sucks compared to the bard's...

-Hyp.
    I said 'I love D&D!'

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Ah, good... I have to admit I was half hoping that if I suggested the idea someone else would do the work. Take an extra action point for Grey!

I also answered the questions in about the key and the Vault; yes and yes... you do have the key, and you know where the Vault is.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho-ho-hobo! View Post
    Ah, good... I have to admit I was half hoping that if I suggested the idea someone else would do the work. Take an extra action point for Grey!

I also answered the questions in about the key and the Vault; yes and yes... you do have the key, and you know where the Vault is.
    "Then what the 7 Hells are we doing screwing around at a bar?!"

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    "Then what the 7 Hells are we doing screwing around at a bar?!"
    Yeah, when I reread the reward, key, vault part (which I'd completely forgotten!) I thought it seemed odd Lash wasn't pursuing that thread more vigorously!

-Hyp.

• Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast