Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253 ... LastLast
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Ambrin frowns at the mention of nobles from Damkina, glancing towards the suddenly pale Molly, his features tightening as he looks around; he makes sure to walk to that he's between Molly and anyone that might see from the courtyard even though they are skirting it.

The presense of the magnificent animal brings a smile to the youth's face, though he keeps his distance. Unicorns are suppossed to be creatures of good, but also he's heard they're wild and fierce as well. If he doesn't have his horn, well, he can't be in a good mood. Even so, he tries a little soothing in Celestial; he has no idea if the creature might understand him, but you never know. 'Darasar levihelithilin odv iilithihyiin' (Be at peace, we bring no harm but help).

The stable master's demeanor causes the youth to narrow his eyes.

Sense Motive: 1d20+4=21
    He's so full of shit, his eyes are brown.

Ambrin looks at the stable master and clenches his fists slowly, purposefully letting the leather gloves creak audibly. "I've heard better stories from stupid four year olds. That's her horse, and you'd best tell us why you just tried to lie to us," he says, voice low and level.

Intimidate. 1d20+7=26

Is too old for jello shots! Dire Wolf's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Amras will move to position himself next to Ambrin. He'll just be nearby to back him up.

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Omik too steps forward next to Ambrin. He reaches down and picks up a horseshoe.

"Shoeing horses huh?" he says casually as he takes the horseshoe in one massive hand and begins squeezing it. There is a noticeable groan from the metal as the ends of the shoe bend together in Omik's hand.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Omik too steps forward next to Ambrin. He reaches down and picks up a horseshoe.

"Shoeing horses huh?" he says casually as he takes the horseshoe in one massive hand and begins squeezing it. There is a noticeable groan from the metal as the ends of the shoe bend together in Omik's hand.
    OOC: Shall I take that as an "aid another" action?

Crane completely buckles under the intimidation, letting out a gasp, "I'm so sorry. It's not usually in my nature, but... but this horse - it's so magnificent. It's the finest horse I've ever laid my eyes upon. But... 'tis not my place to give you your horse back. It belongs to Lord Abal now. You'll need to speak to him about its release. I can take you to see him."

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OOC: Has the unicorn reacted to any of us speaking to it or is it still just acting like a horse?

"Then take us to him. Just because you find something lying around doesn't make it yours," she says with conviction.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "And just how will Lord Abal feel about your deceitfulness? I wonder if he likes those that work for him to be honest and trustworthy."

Ambrin gives the man a sympathetic look now. "I understand how you feel. He's a magnificent creature, but he's not meant to be here. Thank you for deciding to do the right thing."

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Crane apologizes, and instructs you to follow him.

He leads you outside, back into the courtyard. The people inside the courtyard seem to take a great interest in watching the party. Seems they probably don't get very many visitors here. In addition to the humans that are dominant in the courtyard, you see a fair number of halflings as well.

Crane takes you into the the keep proper, into a large great hall. Despite the hall's large size - nearly 100 feet across, and probably 5 feet wide, it's full of people and belongings. You can see that there are makeshift cots set up in the corners and people who were casually chit-chatting suddenly stop when the party enters, and curiously stare at the new strangers. Hushed whispers can be heard from the shadows of the room, no doubt talking about the warrior-like garb most of you are wearing. You are decidedly out of place here.

Crane ventures off this room quickly, and through a few other rooms. "Please wait here. I will inform Lord Abal of your arrival.", and enters the chamber beyond. You find yourself in some sort of waiting room. A strange musical instrument with lots of black and white keys adorns one of the walls. It's very large, and quite ornate. A stack of sheet music nearby gives away the items function.

Shortly thereafter, a well-groomed man enters the room.

"Welcome, visitors! I am Abal, lord of this keep. We call this place Eagle Keep. Because, during its construction, we had eagles nesting in the northwest tower.

"I couldn't help but notice you admiring my musical instrument. It's called a harpsichord. When the keys are pressed, the device plucks a string. Sort of like having 70 lute players at my beck and call. Allow me to demonstrate."

Lord Abal sits and plays a wonderful tune on his harpsichord.
    Lord Abal's song

"Now, do tell... why have you come to pay Lord Abal a visit?"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Molly had quickly brushed her hair while they waited alone, took off her cloak and fixed her dress to look more presentable.

After Lord Abal is finished with his song she stepped forward. "That was wonderful your Lordship! And what a fine instrument, you play it so well." She curtsied as she spoke. "My name is Molly. We have come here to retrieve something from you, I hope that you will hear us out about it. I had lost my horse, a beautiful white stallion, he escaped into the woods. He is sometimes a bit wild you see. Being a most cherished steed my friends and I tracked him, and it seems he ended up here in your most generous care, he is currently in your stables. But I would very much like to retrieve him now."

For the most part Molly did the proper thing and did not look the noble in the eyes, not until her last statement did she look up at him with her big violet eyes, pleading silently for the horse they knew to be a unicorn.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Molly had quickly brushed her hair while they waited alone, took off her cloak and fixed her dress to look more presentable.

After Lord Abal is finished with his song she stepped forward. "That was wonderful your Lordship! And what a fine instrument, you play it so well." She curtsied as she spoke. "My name is Molly. We have come here to retrieve something from you, I hope that you will hear us out about it. I had lost my horse, a beautiful white stallion, he escaped into the woods. He is sometimes a bit wild you see. Being a most cherished steed my friends and I tracked him, and it seems he ended up here in your most generous care, he is currently in your stables. But I would very much like to retrieve him now."

For the most part Molly did the proper thing and did not look the noble in the eyes, not until her last statement did she look up at him with her big violet eyes, pleading silently for the horse they knew to be a unicorn.

"Yes, as my servant has informed me. Tell me, Molly. This horse of yours - the white stallion in my stable, did you enjoy riding him?"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

"Yes, as my servant has informed me. Tell me, Molly. This horse of yours - the white stallion in my stable, did you enjoy riding him?"
    "He's really a bit wild and not a very good horse to ride, yet. But I have been hoping he would let me, one day."

OOC: This is not a lie...

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    "He's really a bit wild and not a very good horse to ride, yet. But I have been hoping he would let me, one day."

OOC: This is not a lie...

"Interesting. Hmm. Why then, is this horse so important to you, then? Tell you what. I was planning on taming him myself. He's a beautiful creature, after all. But it will take time to tame such a beast. I'll take him off your hands. How about I give you one thousand crowns for him. That's twice what you'd pay for even the best warhorse. What say you?"

Rollo just tries to stay out of the way, not trusting himself to be able to not say something infuriating or ignorant. He stiffles his instinct to cringe every time his armor squeaks or pings with each breath he takes.

Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Amras waits for Molly to speak, wondering why she didn't just tell the truth. The man seemed honorable enough, he was offering shelter to those displaced by war and seemed like a reasonable man.