Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1401

Thread: REFORM SCHOOL NINJA GIRLS II -- Game Thread

  1. #76
    A Glorious Dragon ninja's last thoughts:

    This woman knows what she's doing. Still, there's me and Etsu, I'm sure we can -- wha!? She's going left -- no, right -- no, she, SPIRITS SHE JUST CUT ETSU'S HEAD OFF I GOTTA GET WHY CAN'T I RUN HOLY CRAP WHERE'S MY LEG????? Ow.

    Eri flicks the blood off her blades and has them sheathed before the dead ninjas hit the deck.

    Ritsuko, it's your turn. The only alive ninjas in sight are the one apparently helping Ayako kill the other ninja and Ichihiro who's staggered and just sneering at Masayo. There's no sign of Kaori or Yumi. If you want to make a Notice check you might see other things.

 

  • #77
    ... I know. madwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio
    9,313

    Ignore User
    Notice check (1d20-1=13)-2 (poison effects)=11

    (Unless she notices something else) Ritsuko mildly curses that the blowgun-using ninja is likely rowing out of effective shuriken ranges, thinking "I wonder if there's some way to increase the aerodynamic efficiency of throwing to increase their range ... I mean, they've been making them the same way for centuries, but there's got to be a better design ... I should make a note to look into that ... boy, do I feel sick all of a sudden, and I should probably sit down, and ..." and then notices that Kaori is gone and that there's smoke pouring from below-deck.

    "Hey, where did Kaori go? And why is the ship on fire?"
    Last edited by madwabbit; February 24th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prÍtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

  • #78
    Actually, with that Notice check you don't even know where the blowgun dart came from. Ayako, you're up!

  • #79
    Swift Zombie! Alenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    12,174

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    The water spirits keep tugging at Yumi's hair and nightgown, leading her away from the deck and deeper into the ship. She too smells smoke and as she descends a steep companionway she finds herself in the hold of the Horizon Star, facing five ninja with red headbands who are busily building up a fire. They do not appear to have noticed the girl behind them, but the flames are rising up amongst the cargo and any second now they'll have to get out of here -- and the companionway Yumi is standing on is the only way out.
    Yumi quirks a dangerous smile. I have them right where I want them, she thinks to herself. Taking a deep breath she closes her eyes and concentrates on summoning a fire spirit. Something with the ability to quickly and effectively contain the fire and turn it from raging flames to smoldering embers.

    "Hinokami, spirit of fire and flame, quell this raging blaze, I beseech thee." Yumi prays quietly in an undertone to avoid being heard by the five ninjas.

    Spoiler:
    How does Summon Spirit work? It says that it's a fatiguing spell and that I need to make a resilience check. Where is that on my sheet? Also, I have 8 power ranks, do I add that to a d20 roll to determine if I was successful in casting the spell? Thanks!!
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

    "Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

    "Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

  • #80
    ... I know. madwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio
    9,313

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    Actually, with that Notice check you don't even know where the blowgun dart came from. Ayako, you're up!
    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Ah, my confusion then. I had to go back and re-read the thread to note that she never actually saw the blowgun ninja. My bad. In any event, the loss of action this round plays well into Ritsuko's general Thoughtlessness and the effects of the poison.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prÍtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

  • #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    Spoiler:
    How does Summon Spirit work? It says that it's a fatiguing spell and that I need to make a resilience check. Where is that on my sheet? Also, I have 8 power ranks, do I add that to a d20 roll to determine if I was successful in casting the spell? Thanks!!
    Spoiler:
    A Resilience check is a Wis check against a DC of 15. To use Summoun Spirit, you make a power check against a DC equal to 10 + the level of the spirit you wish to summoun. This is going to be a spirit that can control a fire of around 10 square feet, which means you're going to want at least a 5th-level spirit, so let's call that a DC 15 power check.

    A power check is 1d20 + some portion of your Max Power Bonus. You can elect to use less than your max if you want to increase your chances of your Resilience check. Basically you get a +1 on your Resilience for every two by which you decrease your Power Bonus.

    If you fail the Resilience check you take a level of fatigue. The spell still works, you just start to tire out.

    This page has more details.

  • #82
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,266

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    One last ninja leaps over the stern rail and lunges at Ayako, who's still grinding her last victim into the deck. And his sword sinks deep into flesh, a vicious, grievous wound... on his dying friend.

    Yeah, that was a natural 1.
    Ayako is momentarily distracted by something shiny on the deck and almost slips backwards into the water but her new assailant is there to "catch" her.

    Spoiler:
    Using a Conviction point. Original roll: Attack (1d20+7=8) Natural one.

    Attack w/Conviction (1d20+7=16) Total: 26

    "Oof ... too ... heavy," he grunts, barely pushing Ayako back towards the deck.

    "I am not fat!!" Ayako yells as she rewards her "savior" with a staff shot to the ribs. (DC20)

    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    But Kaori, Ayako, give me Notice checks.
    Notice (1d20=3)

    This newest wrinkle, of course, leaves Ayako without a clue as to the other activity on the ship.

  • #83
    "Oof!"

    The unfortunate ninja crumples up around Ayako's staff and stumbles over the rail. He clings there for just a second.

    "I mean, just sort of... shapely. Plump, yet curvaceous. Just..."

    And then his fingers slip and he falls unconscious into the harbour.

    Millicent, I think that's you. The blowgun-wielding assailant is about forty feet away now, and the only other visible ninja is Ichihiro. However with Kaori's alarm and your high Notice check previously, you're quite sure there's a fire in the stern of the ship, belowdecks.

  • #84
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    Millicent, I think that's you. The blowgun-wielding assailant is about forty feet away now, and the only other visible ninja is Ichihiro. However with Kaori's alarm and your high Notice check previously, you're quite sure there's a fire in the stern of the ship, belowdecks.
    Are there any portholes, access ports, gunports, or other openings from the outer hull to the stern hold? If we were preparing to offload cargo, are there open cargo hatches from the deck to the stern hold that the hook was going to drop down into? (For that matter, is the hook still headed for such a hatch?)

  • #85
    Yup, the open cargo hatch is right below you now. The hook has halted in its descent.

  • #86
    Swift Zombie! Alenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    12,174

    Ignore User
    Spoiler:

    Resilience roll (1d20 +2 Wis +2 power ranks) = 8 (Yumi takes a level of fatigue).

    Power Check (1d20 + 4 power ranks + 3 Charisma + 2 for Power Focus (spirits)) = 18 (Yumi succeeds in summoning the level 5 fire spirit.


    With a whoosh of hot air, a creature shaped of living, wreathing flame appears before the 5 ninjas. It outstretches what appears to be two fiery appendages and draws the ship's flames into itself, growing brighter as it subsumes the blaze.

    Yumi begins laughing hysterically and beckons the ninjas to attack her.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

    "Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

    "Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

  • #87
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    Yup, the open cargo hatch is right below you now. The hook has halted in its descent.
    Okay, here's the plan - spend a Conviction Point on The Talent to get a use of Water Shaping. I want to use Raise Water to create a wave under the blowgun-ninja's boat - a nice high wave - and surf it back onto the Horizon Star's deck.

    Serving the dual purpose of catching the fleeing bad guy and depositing him amidst a bunch of angry schoolgirls... and dumping an incidental wash of water through the open hatch.

    1. Is this feasible?
    2. What sort of Power Check am I after?

  • #88
    Yumi: Summoun Spirit is a full-round action and you already spent a move action this round sneaking into the cargo hold. So you're still on the companionway, praying, but the Glorious Dragon arsonists haven't noticed you yet.

    Millicent: Using Raise Water can stop the canoe, and likely even force it back towards you (DC 15 to move the canoe 10ft, and another 10ft for every +5 to the DC), but the Horizon Star will simply float up the raised surface and so you can't send water into the hold that way -- you'd have to use Water Shaping again to gain the Splash use in order to do that.

  • #89
    Swift Zombie! Alenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    12,174

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoomcore View Post
    [i]Yumi: Summoun Spirit is a full-round action and you already spent a move action this round sneaking into the cargo hold. So you're still on the companionway, praying, but the Glorious Dragon arsonists haven't noticed you yet.
    Sweet. Let that be for my next turn then, as I will be out all evening getting my weekly RPG fix, and will likely not check this thread again until morning.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

    "Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

    "Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

  • #90
    And also, there's an enormous vat of chocolate directly beneath you.



    What?

  • Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •