Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where do you fall on the political compass?

Province
    Vienna
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No surprises here. But I also question the choice of questions.

Interesting test. Some good questions, some bad. I don't put too much weight behind the result.

Province
    One mile above sea level
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -9.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.44
    Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots. But more and more these days, I feel like we're all connected. And it's beautiful... and funny... and good.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If I consider Palin to be my anti-christ, where does that make me fall on the political spectrum?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    If I consider Palin to be my anti-christ, where does that make me fall on the political spectrum?
    Right smack in the middle of retarded, but, to be fair, that doesn't consider your dislike of Palin.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Right smack in the middle of retarded, but, to be fair, that doesn't consider your dislike of Palin.
    At least I'm not two bricks shy of a stinky, overflowing outhouse like yourself.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

It's not my fault...I'm Canadian.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So there I am, lurking somewhere between Gandhi and Nelson Mandela, and trying to figure out how our views on art merge to create a common political opinion.

Edit: I'm sure that both Gandhi and Nelson Mandela would have the same problem posting their political spectrum charts as well.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato

Invisible Castle

Province
    New York City, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by loki44 View Post
    Edit: I'm sure that both Gandhi and Nelson Mandela would have the same problem posting their political spectrum charts as well.
    Gandhi's dead. What's your excuse?

Feh, -- N
    Disclaimer: I speak for all humans of Earth.

More or less mid-green for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ageless, Faceless, Gender-Neutral, Culturally-Ambiguous Adventuring Person

A few of those questions were more loaded than a gunship.
    "I learned a long time ago, Reuven, that a blink of an eye in itself is nothing. But the eye that blinks, that is something. A span of life is nothing. But the man who lives that span, he is something. He can fill that tiny span with meaning, so its quality is immeasurable though its quantity may be insignificant. Do you understand what I am saying? A man must fill his life with meaning, meaning is not automatically given to life."

I fell down on -1.62 and -6.21

http://www.politicalcompass.org/prin...1.62&soc=-6.21

I feel I'm a bit further to the right than that, but that might just be that the centre is defined different on your side of the pond.

I find it funny that they use Libertarian rather than Liberal as the opposite of Authoritarian. I usually figure Libertarianism to be a far more consistently defined economic ideology than Liberalism, which tends to mean different things in different contexts. I guess liberal has become synonymous with the left wing of the Democratic party in the US.

I tried to answer the questions as quickly and instinctively as I could.

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: 4.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.13

What the fuck happened to me? I am somewhere between Thatcher and Hitler !?!

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Time to wipe the rust off this old thread and start 'er up again...
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Old results (2008):

2019 results:

Hrrrrm. I'm skewing more right and less authoritarian... time to reread my Stalin and Trotsky I guess.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

• Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast