Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I just wanted to point out this thread of officially approved scripts. In particular, I am enjoying the animation one:

http://board.ikariam.com/thread.php?...7266#post57266
    Thanks , I have downloaded the Scorer and the Friends List. Great Stuff

People

Im on DESPERATE need of Marble, Wine and Sulfur (in that order). For some reason i dont see the alliance map and i cant know who is closer to me.

Who is close? im on 6:24, Castle of Cards. If you can send me what you have, i can pay you gold or crystal
    Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_of_Spades View Post
    People

Im on DESPERATE need of Marble, Wine and Sulfur (in that order). For some reason i dont see the alliance map and i cant know who is closer to me.

Who is close? im on 6:24, Castle of Cards. If you can send me what you have, i can pay you gold or crystal
    Nobody is super close to you, yet. Octoberblu3 and King Vyper are probably your closest, with sckeener, yttrai, Enkidu, and Ovinomancer not to far past them.
    I like hats.

I have sent Marble and Wine to her royal highness. It is about 5 hours and change to get there. If any one is closer we might want to get a supply chain going to shorten travel times. I am hurting for action points right now. I am redistrubting troops to my colonies.

Ok, just so there is no confusion about how many slingers one needs to send, a town with NO wall will deal 10 damage. This will kill one slinger, but not a swordsman. If the town has a wall, the town will not deal the 10, but 3 damage per level of the wall. So, if there are no troops in town, having a wall level less than 3 is to your detriment.

Also, if you are going to have a wall, it is only worthwhile if you keep it at the same level as your town hall. You only get the 10% / level defense bonus if it's the same level. One level behind isn't too bad, but much more than that, an attacker with rams can get a better offensive bonus than the wall provides defensive bonus.

One more note, you can get someone's military, gold, and total score from the highscores link at the top of the game page. Just choose Total, Generals (for military), or Gold and hit submit, then search by their player name. The greasemonkey script just does this automatically and places the info neatly in the page for you.

Province
    London, Canada
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberblu3 View Post
    Ok, just so there is no confusion about how many slingers one needs to send, a town with NO wall will deal 10 damage. This will kill one slinger, but not a swordsman. If the town has a wall, the town will not deal the 10, but 3 damage per level of the wall. So, if there are no troops in town, having a wall level less than 3 is to your detriment.

Also, if you are going to have a wall, it is only worthwhile if you keep it at the same level as your town hall. You only get the 10% / level defense bonus if it's the same level. One level behind isn't too bad, but much more than that, an attacker with rams can get a better offensive bonus than the wall provides defensive bonus.

One more note, you can get someone's military, gold, and total score from the highscores link at the top of the game page. Just choose Total, Generals (for military), or Gold and hit submit, then search by their player name. The greasemonkey script just does this automatically and places the info neatly in the page for you.
    Thanks for the clarification. I am upgrading my walls as fast as I can now (had a level 1 wall in my level 7 city!)
    “There is no intimacy; it’s not live,” he said of online games. “It’s being translated through a computer, and your imagination is not there the same way it is when you’re actually together with a group of people. It reminds me of one time where I saw some children talking about whether they liked radio or television, and I asked one little boy why he preferred radio, and he said, ‘Because the pictures are so much better.’ ” - E.G.Gygax 1938-2008

slow and steady wins the race COMMUNITY SUPPORTER diaglo's Avatar
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    huzzah. i am building my embassy.
    i also will be founding a new colony soon. i just need another 2000 gold.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Not running the private forum Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User

General War Discussion

Is there an interest in finding a war?

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    5.45% annually
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

Play with mine gently, or not Fleur_de_Lis's Avatar
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I have no idea, but the fact that I'm bored almost tempted me to pillage a relatively new Polis in my island. But the guy belongs to an alliance, so I decided not to push my luck.

so, there is this only other guy in my main island. level 12 town. I tried to contact him and he didnt answer me. His town hasnt grew in a week, and he is not a part of an alliance.

So i decided to send a spy to se what he was doing. he had a level ONE barrack and no military.

Ok, i tought, this is going to be way too easy

And it was. I already pillaged him 6 times, earning 10k gold each time (and some insignificant other loot). I also found his colony and pillaged it too. Not so much gold ther, but a few more of other resources.

So suddenly this guy awakes and atacks me from a third city i havent heard about. He fails miserably, but costs me a ship.

Now i want to see what this 3rd city is about, if i should get worried or just see it as another easy target. Is there any legal way i can learn where this 3rd city is? Or should i start looking for it blindly on the islands around me?

EDIT: ok, now im worried. This guy IS on an alliance now (BLUE) and his score is almost 10 times mine. Not that im complaining, but why havent I been pillaged to death?
    Last edited by Queen_of_Spades; May 12th, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_of_Spades View Post
    so, there is this only other guy in my main island. level 12 town. I tried to contact him and he didnt answer me. His town hasnt grew in a week, and he is not a part of an alliance.

So i decided to send a spy to se what he was doing. he had a level ONE barrack and no military.

Ok, i tought, this is going to be way too easy

And it was. I already pillaged him 6 times, earning 10k gold each time (and some insignificant other loot). I also found his colony and pillaged it too. Not so much gold ther, but a few more of other resources.

So suddenly this guy awakes and atacks me from a third city i havent heard about. He fails miserably, but costs me a ship.

Now i want to see what this 3rd city is about, if i should get worried or just see it as another easy target. Is there any legal way i can learn where this 3rd city is? Or should i start looking for it blindly on the islands around me?

EDIT: ok, now im worried. This guy IS on an alliance now (BLUE) and his score is almost 10 times mine. Not that im complaining, but why havent I been pillaged to death?
    If he attacked you from it, the link in your military report will take you directly to the island.
    Well, at least he's not a fucking furry! - reveal

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    so i sent a message to the CMax alliance from my embassy.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    so i sent a message to the CMax alliance from my embassy.
    What are you expecting to happen?

So, when's the vote to see if we REALLY want to admit diaglo into our alliance?
    Well, at least he's not a fucking furry! - reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalicious View Post
    What are you expecting to happen?

So, when's the vote to see if we REALLY want to admit diaglo into our alliance?