Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: [Ikariam] Circvs Maximvs (CMAX) Alliance Discussion

Province
    Schenectady, NY
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    I'm okay with helping out in a war, or smushing little d00ds with attitude. I am saving up for Governor's building upgrades to keep on top of corruption, but beyond that i'm sort of in a holding pattern.

I'm a bit far from the center of QoS's party, but i'll still send ships and troops whereever they are needed, if the timelines work out favourably that i'm at all useful
    CM does GC!
    The google calendar to plan all of
    your Gencon scheduling needs.

Province
    NC
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Seonaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I don't see how that's better . . . Is there an official way for members to "opt out" of any wars their alliances start/join?
    Never said it was better. Just what I'm interested in doing.

Mostly because I don't anticipate any challenge in kicking around the annoying kids. And challenge is something I'm looking for in this game.

There's also the whole "fun" part of it. If my opponent agrees to a war, it's all in good fun and we can walk away from it having learned something. If I randomly attack my opponent, or attack him with malice--there's a good chance neither one of us is going to enjoy the encounter.

Feel free to drop from the alliance for a few days while we wage war. Or convince me there are others who feel the same way as you. I have no interest in embroiling us in a war most of our members oppose.

Nareau

Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nareau View Post
    Feel free to drop from the alliance for a few days while we wage war. Or convince me there are others who feel the same way as you. I have no interest in embroiling us in a war most of our members oppose.
    I must admit, I'm fairly anti-embroilment right now I'm trying to collect the resources for the Level 4 Palace upgrade...

-Hyp.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Damn hippies.

Spoiler:
    But seriously, I don't care either way.

toss my salad iykwimaityd COMMUNITY SUPPORTER diaglo's Avatar
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    i'm the fucking liberal on these boards mother fuckers. and i say since it ain't nothing but a fake piece of shit game. we go to war like George W all over goddamn Islam.
    or Hitler against the jews and gypsies or Napoleon against the rest of Europe. or Edie Amin needing to eat someone's heart. or Pol Pot in the Killing fields.

fuck the bastards.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

overdue for an ass-kicking! Kafitrar's Avatar
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Kill them all and let the server sort 'em out.

toss my salad iykwimaityd COMMUNITY SUPPORTER diaglo's Avatar
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafitrar View Post
    Kill them all and let the server sort 'em out.
    quoted for mother fucking tr00f
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Damn you, Rusty COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Rel's Avatar
    Province
    In my house.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Son...ofabitch! The bastard that attacked me recently HAS GONE ON FUCKING VACATION!!

More time to amass troops and crush him mercilessly when he returns....
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 23-27, 2015.

Dirty bobcat sympathizer sckeener's Avatar
    Province
    Houston
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    Son...ofabitch! The bastard that attacked me recently HAS GONE ON FUCKING VACATION!!
    Oh I should have done that too...I was playing on the E server, but I got bored and quit...I should have gone on vacation before quiting to really annoying the jerks that I had smashed right before quitting.

Let them fume for a week and then deny them the pleasure of crushing my corpse.
    "It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." Oscar Wilde

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." Friedrich Nietzsche

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death." Joan D. Vinge

Province
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by derelictjay View Post
    I was hoping to get into an altercation,but damnit, the guy seems to chicken out. First he tells me he's gonna send his catapult ships after me. I withdraw a fleet headed to his SULFUR (I have fucking sulfur I don't need it) colony to give the guy the resources to build up his military, and he says I chickened out. I was about to attack him for this, full out attack. So I go and check his military score, its 0, realize his threat happened yesterday, he's had plenty of time to build up an army. So he's throwing out empty threats, should I still go through with my full out assault, or just keep him on my list of I'll hit him during my regular at random (in his case not so random) raids?
    This guy seems to be testing the waters. He's sent a single ship to attack one of my colonies. Which is defended by 5 ballista ships. Right now I'm not gonna act on it, I am however, sending my spies to each of his cities, which if he does something stupid, like try to invade. I think I'll trounce as many of his cities as I possibly can.

Hey Gabe, who are you on Ikariam? There's a "FickleGMling" near one of my islands . . . This same island also has a senaid . . .

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Seonaid View Post
    Hey Gabe, who are you on Ikariam? There's a "FickleGMling" near one of my islands . . . This same island also has a senaid . . .
    The 'ling' should have given it away... it's one of his brood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    The 'ling' should have given it away... it's one of his brood.
    So are you saying I should, or shouldn't, attack?

Province
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by derelictjay View Post
    This guy seems to be testing the waters. He's sent a single ship to attack one of my colonies. Which is defended by 5 ballista ships. Right now I'm not gonna act on it, I am however, sending my spies to each of his cities, which if he does something stupid, like try to invade. I think I'll trounce as many of his cities as I possibly can.
    Alright this guys deciding to attack me, this: 5,718 is his spectacular military score. He's probably sent 5 flameships which should bust up my defending ships. Honestly, this guy bores me, here I am planing a raid on a guy much larger than me, and he takes this moment to attack me. His towns lack hideouts so I know he's not spying on me, most of his towns lack walls. As I said this guy bores, me, and I've sent him a message to that effect. Maybe, he'll be smart enough to pull them back, doubtful.

And how come I can't get a spy on one of his towns. I've sent three and all "donīt answer anymore", its his capital.

Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    For those of you with a sizable military, how sizable is it? How big of a city and population do you have to have to maintain a large army? For the americans, does all your income go to keeping huge units?

• Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast