Thread: New to CM? Introduce yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnsgatekeeper View Post
    Three, y'all are a strange group of people
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Guess it's time for me to post an introduction, right?

I'm Caryn, 23, from NYC. Currently job searching something in the event management or sports management fields. Huge Yankee fan.

Grew up when I was younger playing Nintendo and Sega Game Gear, by the time I was in JSH/HS I wasn't playing it any more...and then I started dating a gamer in college *who shall remain nameless* and I picked up video games again. And he made me want to play D&D but it never wound up happening. I should be getting into a 4e game that should be starting soon, so I'm looking forward to it.

Any other questions feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Ladies, go to My Account in the upper left corner of CM. Scroll down to Group Memberships and sign up there for the Ladies Forum, aka the College of Vesta.

We do have some requirements for entry though which I am rusty on. Unless someone we know can vouch that you are female, you have to have a certain number of posts before you can get approved. I'll check what the number is.

Let either DangerGirl or myself know if you are having a problem signing up.
    I just saw this post...BM told me last night to PM you to find out how to get in..glad I was able to figure it out without that

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Is it just me, or does his gun have a rather dangerous curve to it?

Yes, I know it's the wide-angle lens the photo was taken with. Still...

Bulldozed NanBlank's home Ghostwind's Avatar
    Province
    Decatur, IN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stebbins View Post
    Is it just me, or does his gun have a rather dangerous curve to it?
    It's for shooting around corners.

Today's Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letter Z and the number 9. Remember kids, head shots only!

Author page
    LiveJournal Musings
    DragonWing Games

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaalien2 View Post
    I'm Caryn, 23, from NYC. Currently job searching something in the event management or sports management fields.
    Welcome to CM!

Huge Yankee fan.
    So does that mean you're a HUGE Yankee fan, as in a HUGE person who likes the Yankees, or that you're fan of HUGE YANKEES, as in those Yankees who have approached and well exceeded maximum density?

Precision in language is very important to us here at CM.

Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prętre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Quote Originally Posted by madwabbit View Post
    So does that mean you're a HUGE Yankee fan, as in a HUGE person who likes the Yankees, or that you're fan of HUGE YANKEES, as in those Yankees who have approached and well exceeded maximum density?

Precision in language is very important to us here at CM.

If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Awesome.

Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prętre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Province
    Beverly, MA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I'm Warlord, the same Warlord from ENWorld and apparently most people hate me here because I think Clint Eastwood sucks and Spike Lee was justified in his comments about Flags of Our Fathers.
    Emo much?

Define - "most people"

Define - "hate"

I'm going to assume that you meant "a group of people who post in the senate think I'm a dumbass because I think Clint Eastwood sucks and Spike Lee was justified in his comments about Flags of Our Fathers."

There is a big difference...

Also, welcome to CM, I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Huge fan of the NY Yankees of course!

Quote Originally Posted by madwabbit View Post
    Awesome.

Awesome.

Province
    Far to the West and deep underground
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnsgatekeeper View Post
    On note one, welcome Warlord

Two, there is nothing wrong with lingering in the welcome room. As most of you senior people in here are obviously still in here welcoming people!!

Three, y'all are a strange group of people

True, admittedly. But I like em all the same.

I'm Caryn, 23, from NYC. Currently job searching something in the event management or sports management fields. Huge Yankee fan.

Grew up when I was younger playing Nintendo and Sega Game Gear, by the time I was in JSH/HS I wasn't playing it any more...and then I started dating a gamer in college *who shall remain nameless* and I picked up video games again. And he made me want to play D&D but it never wound up happening. I should be getting into a 4e game that should be starting soon, so I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome ruaalien2.
    "It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between."

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), [i]Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Hi Caryn! I'll try not to hold that unfortunate yankee problem against you.

I just saw this post...BM told me last night to PM you to find out how to get in..glad I was able to figure it out without that
    Glad you found your way in
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Bulldozed NanBlank's home Ghostwind's Avatar
    Province
    Decatur, IN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Welcome newbies!

You are, of course, required to buy the first round for everyone.

Today's Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letter Z and the number 9. Remember kids, head shots only!

Author page
    LiveJournal Musings
    DragonWing Games

On that note welcome to our strange group of people! Games cool. Yankees? ooooooo that doesn't earn brownie points

• Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383970120 ... LastLast