Thread: Random Food Thoughts

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    *shrugs* Depends on what is meant by 'bad'. I eat medieval foods that most mundanes would look at and think "EWWW, GROSS!" and are actually quite good; blood is actually used as a soup/stew thickener in lots of recipes. And butchering my own sheep and goats, goat isn't 'gamey' if you've raised/prepared it properly, it simply has an actual flavor, unlike most of the bland, mushy meat you're going to get in your limited grocery-store offerings.

Don't know that I'd go for the brains/sweetbreads, though. Not out of 'Ewww, gross!" factor so much as I tend to shy away from consuming neural tissue. Because, prions. Brains are better used for tanning hides, and even then, they're hard to come by if you don't source them and crack some skulls firsthand yourself.
    It's a long way down and everything's broken
    It's crazy what some will do for love

It's a long way down and the dark road is a serpent
    But you and I are not so different

You can wish what you want
    Let us guide you home
    But we are not yours
    You better leave the stars alone

Some give us names
    Some give us chains
    And some just try to give us away in vain
    We might be maidens
    We might be queens
    But we are not made to realize your dreams

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    These were intentionally prepared badly though.

I actually like lamb.
    Goat, it depends on how it's prepared.
    In fact I've enjoyed most game meats I've ever tried.

Gator though, I tried fried. It was... Chewy.
    Last edited by kirinke; April 13th, 2019 at 10:55 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

• Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154