Thread: Random Food Thoughts

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I made a big batch of hummus today and froze most of it. It's in that category of delicious mushy things that freeze well. Includes: cranberry relish, baba ganoush and guacamole. It's an easy thing to thaw out and add to falafel wraps or to use as a dip.

It is not hard to make and a cheap source of protein.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    I made a big batch of hummus today and froze most of it. It's in that category of delicious mushy things that freeze well. Includes: cranberry relish, baba ganoush and guacamole. It's an easy thing to thaw out and add to falafel wraps or to use as a dip.

It is not hard to make and a cheap source of protein.
    I hope you put enough garlic in it.

There's a new-ish place up in Spokane called Kabob House that has this absolutely delicious chicken shawarma wrap that I am utterly nuts for. I get it on a pita, and ask them nicely to drizzle just a little bit of hummus on it (sometimes they charge me, sometimes they don't) because the flavor of the hummus really both complements and balances the spices in the chicken in an amazeballs way.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Hummus is great! I love it in pita wraps too. Sometimes I'll get some chicken breast, cook that up, shred it along with a bit of salad, tzatziki and hummus and wrap it up in pita. Yes, it isn't a traditional gyro, but it's tasty.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

used up and tossed aside Niannorth's Avatar
    Province
    The Kingdom of Northumbria, older than Scotland until they took our lands.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Spam is disgusting. At least as disgusting as hotdogs/bologna.

Possibly worse, as it's got that nasty glop-shit on top and the smell makes me want to bolt for an exit. Though the first and only time I've smelled it was more than a handful of years ago, so maybe they've changed their recipe or something. I doubt it.
    Not if it's deep fried in batter with chip shop chips and curry sauce.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    "The flowers smell sweeter the closer you are to the grave."

"Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so to refer to people." J.R.R.T

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Like I said, I don't care much for tinned meat, but the last time I had any was years ago. So tastes can change.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niannorth View Post
    Not if it's deep fried in batter with chip shop chips and curry sauce.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Brit = instant distrust of culinary opinions. Doubled down when you endorse Stuff Posing As Meat.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I've lost weight!!!! I was up to a size 36. I'm now down to a 28! Boo yaah! Just by eating a bit healthier!

For example, I eat a little sammich for breakfast or a muffin, then for lunch healthy choice and a regular dinner. For snacks I've been trying to stick to fruits and nuts. I do cheat majorly, but it's not a diet. Still. It's fucking working!!!! I'm so fucking stoked. I am actually able to fit into fucking Walmart clothes!!!!

When I got into the size 28 clothes and they actually fit nice, I did a literal happy dance. It's been more than ten fucking years since I was in a size 28.

Sure, I'm still fat, no doubt about that, but I'm working on loosing it.

The funny part? I didn't even start out with the idea of loosing weight. I just started eating more sensibly.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 16th, 2019 at 09:03 PM.

• Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156