Thread: Random Food Thoughts

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Try chicken jerky with tony chachere's. It's awesome.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Buttermilk is a miracle fluid. It makes delicious cornbread and tender flaky biscuits. I've never tried marinating chicken fillets in it before frying them up, but I've had them prepared that way and they are really good.

Does anyone have experience making chicken this way? Got any tips, recipes, etc.?
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Buttermilk is a miracle fluid. It makes delicious cornbread and tender flaky biscuits. I've never tried marinating chicken fillets in it before frying them up, but I've had them prepared that way and they are really good.

Does anyone have experience making chicken this way? Got any tips, recipes, etc.?
    I LOVE buttermilk marinated chicken.

This is the recipe I've tried, but there are tons of them out there. There is something about dairy with chicken that seals in the juices and helps tenderize the meat. I've made an Alleppo Chicken before that uses Greek Yogurt and it has a similar effect to buttermilk.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Province
    Portland, OR
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.

My wife does this. The fried chicken done this way is awesome! Marinated overnight in buttermilk (or milk doctored with apple cider, which is a buttermilk substitute).

Aaaahh, shuutup! Kid Charlemagne's Avatar
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Not fried chicken, but I've made these buttermilk waffles a number of times recently, and they are very good, and very easy.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Thanks, Xyxox, cyphersmith and Kid Charlemagne. I wish I had a waffle iron as I love waffles. I wonder about buttermilk pancakes. There's a really fine diner near here that makes pancakes with ricotta cheese and they're to die for. I'm likely to make that chicken recipe, although perhaps with the turkey cutlets we have in the freezer. They might benefit from marinating.

Incidentally, I make scones a couple times a week. Usually, I use half and half as the liquid ingredient but I've found that buttermilk works as well, although the scones are somewhat more moist with the latter, and I need to take care that they don't mold after about 4 days. We eat a couple a day and just reheat in the oven on low heat for 5 min. A former roommate of my husband used to bake a buttermilk pie to take to potlucks. It looked and smelled amazing although we never got to taste it. I should see if I can dig up a recipe sometime and check it out. Has anyone had buttermilk pie?
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I once did a turkey for Thanksgiving in a buttermilk brine before cooking. So tender and juicy!
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I love buttermilk corn bread. However, I've never much experimented with it otherwise.

How is it with pork?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

• Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141