Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Hey DK - can you explain how in your game you let people go "out of initiative" in combat? How you keep your game moving and speed things up?
    well, this last combat was kind of the exception since all the skeletons went last. So, it didn't make much difference to just let everyone act and then for me to act.

It does make a good argument for just having the monsters go last every time. Or at least, having the monsters go at the same time. In other words, if there are three monsters, give them all one initiative. And then have everyone go, and then the monsters, and then everyone, repeat. It would work ok even if the monsters went in the middle of the round.

A
    B
    C
    monsters
    D
    E
    F

A,B, and C could act, and then monsters, and then D-F and A-C could act; repeat.

But, in general, letting people all go at the same time isn't that big of a hassle so long as people put in enough caveats (if there is room, I do X), so that tends to work as well.

DW's game runs pretty fast, since we all post pretty consistently. I've never seen it bog down.

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I feel like we are frequently waiting a long amount of time for an individual to post / you all are waiting on ME a long time when I can't be around and would prefer everyone else just went instead of waiting for me all the time.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Should I change Linw's alignment to CN?

In a world where the bad guys will go to any length to kill you, they don't deserve a hug just for deciding to grovel at your feet after you've beaten them with a shovel.
    "It seems to contain detailed plans for every possible way to build every possible device to destroy every possible thing in all creation."

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamsteak View Post
    In a world where the bad guys will go to any length to kill you, they don't deserve a hug just for deciding to grovel at your feet after you've beaten them with a shovel.
    That's how Linw feels about it.

Besides, it gives DW an out - Gogmurt could survive, and come back to us. That's way more fun in the long run.

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamsteak View Post
    That has nothing to do with it - you've misinterpreted Sabina's words and are conveniently making excuses for not properly finishing the job before disposing of the creature.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

What I said there has absolutely nothing to do with Sabina.
    "It seems to contain detailed plans for every possible way to build every possible device to destroy every possible thing in all creation."

Is too old for jello shots! Dire Wolf's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OK, I did XP and it looks like everybody except Kaddock (understandably so) leveled up! I have attached the spreadsheet so you can all see it.

Everyone who is leveling please work on updating your characters and the next time the party rests we'll put the new levels into effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Done. I took Power Attack as my feat.

I realized that I'd never calculated my str bonus correctly. Since I'm using a 2-handed weapon, I should have added 1.5 x the strength bonus to my damage. It should have been +3 instead of +2. Oh well, probably wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Don forget using Power Attack whatever you subtract from you roll you DOUBLE and add to damage if you use a 2handed weapon as well

Character updated!!

Cid is updated.

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I realized I didn't calculate Linw's new hit points. How do we do that again? Is it HD/2 +1 + con?

Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Yes, that is how you calculate new HP!

Province
    Long Island
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Just so everybody is aware, I have a class and will be out of the office all week except for today. Since I do 90% of my posting from there things will be moving slow this week. I'll try and to some posting from home so that we don't come to a halt but it won't be our usual pace for sure.