Am I An Asshole?

Simple question.

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Why do you ask?
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

Province
    The Clockworks
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Honestly? Yeah, I think of you as an asshole. I'm fully aware of the fact that in real life you could be a superfly kind of guy, but from what I've seen of you around here (and at NTL/DA), you do register on my asshole meter.
    A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    yes, but everybody needs an asshole. even Johnny Fuckstick would be dead without his shitbag.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Why do you ask?
    Why do you ask why I ask?

Province
    Republic of Texas
    Oratio

Ignore User
    and a smelly one at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn McTwitch View Post
    Honestly? Yeah, I think of you as an asshole. I'm fully aware of the fact that in real life you could be a superfly kind of guy, but from what I've seen of you around here (and at NTL/DA), you do register on my asshole meter.
    Fair enough. I'm both superfly and an asshole, at least from my POV anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    and a smelly one at that!
    No kidding. I've had nothing to eat and drink today except pizza and Mountain Dew.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Why do you ask why I ask?
    Why do you think?
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Why do you think?
    Now THAT is a good question. If I stopped thinking I might care.

Honest answer: I'm voting sometimes. You produce more classic funny than the average bear. You produce classic drama, which I enjoy. Sometimes you come off as more of an asshole than a funny agitator.

The better question might have been: Do my contributions of funny justify tolerating my intermittent bouts of asshattery? I would have voted yes on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Fine, I'll say it because it's obvious -- VK is 100% right

Yes.

I didn't used to think so, but I've concluded that your lust for drama leads you down the asshole path.

The biggest problem, to my way of thinking, is that you don't know when to quit.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Now THAT is a good question. If I stopped thinking I might care.
    Wohoo! He blinked first! My house gains 20 points.

Province
    Waynesville, NC
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I haven't read enough of your assaholetry to form an opinion. Guess I'll have to be indefinitely in suspense.

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    Honest answer: I'm voting sometimes. You produce more classic funny than the average bear. You produce classic drama, which I enjoy. Sometimes you come off as more of an asshole than a funny agitator.

The better question might have been: Do my contributions of funny justify tolerating my intermittent bouts of asshattery? I would have voted yes on that one.

• Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast