Thread: Heroes!

new dads don't sleep either COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Belen's Avatar
    Province
    Texas
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Bets on whether Candice assumes Linderman's identity? From the CBR interview, she apparently still has a part to play in the finale.

Hopefully it involves her getting shot dead but with her power..
    No way, dude. She is hot in that skirt.
    Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Province
    Metropolis
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Belen View Post
    No way, dude. She is hot in that skirt.
    Weren't you paying attention? It's an illusion. Candice is a disgusting fatbody.
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." --- John Adams

Province
    Metropolis
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerGirl! View Post
    #7. That is all.
    OK, what do the continual references to the number 7 mean?
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." --- John Adams

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceUser View Post
    I need to start negrepping anyone that says #7 again.

BG started it. It's a simple (nonsensical way) to say "Hiro Rocks".

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieg's Spiel View Post
    I'm not entirely positive DL going to buy it yet. They left just enough wiggle room that he may survive.
    I thought I saw a preview for next week with DL in another location.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceUser View Post
    The 'Hiro Rocks' thing. It's a reference to an old joke about people assign numbers to jokes because they've heard everyone's jokes a million times and using the number just saves them time. So instead of going on and on about how wonderfully cool Hiro is, we can just say '#7' and save a lot of typing Yes, it is emminantly silly

Several mathematicians were sitting around at a conference. These mathematicians knew their jokes so well that they assigned numbers to them. In order to save time, instead of telling a joke they would just shout out its number.

"487," shouted out one mathematician. The others all laughed loudly in approval of the joke.

"934," shouted a female mathematician. The others laughed heartily at this one.

"623," shouted another of the mathematicians. Most of the others laughed mildly at this one. But there was one young mathematician in the group who was rolling on the floor and laughing hysterically at that joke.

The mathematician who had shouted out "623" approached the person who had been rolling on the floor and asked him: "What was it about my joke that you found so terribly funny?"

"I had never heard that one before," replied the young mathematician.

Another varient has the new person saying a couple of the same numbers and getting no response at all from the group. When asked why, they explain 'Well, not everyone can tell a joke'.

Province
    Washington, DC for life baby!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    Training montage! I wonder, in fact, if Mr. Nakamura didn't slow down time to teach his son to be a kendo master in an afternoon
    Yeah, I'm wondering if Sulu Nakamura has some kind of kensai powers or was the dragon in the story.

My fave line:
    "Didn't I throw you out a window?"

though:
    "Your last thought."
    ...was, as already mentioned, hardcore. But then Bennet is pretty damn hardcore.

"I wish to say that my life has been truly blessed by the wonderful life my father has shared with me and someday I hope to share with one of my own ... what he has given to me, creativity flows through my veins like water and sometimes it is hard to conceive that all people do not share such a common background."
    Ernie Gygax, Kids Coloring Book, 2002

"I'll catch your nefarious ass"
    - Calamari Face

Didn't pass go COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    WFIW, Bennet didn't seem to know Molly was a little girl, and until Mohinder threatened him with a gun, he didn't seem like he wated to shoot her. He's putting Claire first though.

DL doesn't nessessarily die, and in the preview he was around again and somewhere else. I could have sworn I saw Parkman down in blood, but that doesn't mean he's dead (I hope not, he's been developing quite well as a character, and as an actor, has apparently lost some weight (He was doing a Weight Watcher comercial), which will help as he becomes a better cop and hero in the show).

Here's a thought, does this mean that Mohinder actualy has super powers if his blood has anti-bodies that can help heal a disease that only effects super children? If his sister had it, and she's a super, that means he could be as well.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    WFIW, Bennet didn't seem to know Molly was a little girl, and until Mohinder threatened him with a gun, he didn't seem like he wated to shoot her. He's putting Claire first though.

DL doesn't nessessarily die, and in the preview he was around again and somewhere else. I could have sworn I saw Parkman down in blood, but that doesn't mean he's dead (I hope not, he's been developing quite well as a character, and as an actor, has apparently lost some weight (He was doing a Weight Watcher comercial), which will help as he becomes a better cop and hero in the show).

Here's a thought, does this mean that Mohinder actualy has super powers if his blood has anti-bodies that can help heal a disease that only effects super children? If his sister had it, and she's a super, that means he could be as well.
    Super Powered Blood!

Bloodman!

... yay

... we're, saved ...

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fuckstick View Post
    Super Powered Blood!

Bloodman!

... yay

... we're, saved ...
    hey, one kid in the future could suck the oxygen out of a room. One person could memorize anything they saw. Is it that hard to imagine someone who's blood could cure any disease?

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    hey, one kid in the future could suck the oxygen out of a room. One person could memorize anything they saw. Is it that hard to imagine someone who's blood could cure any disease?
    No, no, no. It's cool.

But, like ... Bloodman? Just think of the costume!

I imagine Mohinder is more like the kid concieved in order to donate bone marrow to a sick sibling. Dr. Suresh had "found a cure." Which is why they said he got the cure just a few months too late. I don't know that I'd call it a power. Just blood with the potential to have a power, since it was obviously running in his family.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Plus we don't know that Mohinder's sister had any sort of power at all, just a disease.
    space for rent

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    I imagine Mohinder is more like the kid concieved in order to donate bone marrow to a sick sibling. Dr. Suresh had "found a cure." Which is why they said he got the cure just a few months too late. I don't know that I'd call it a power. Just blood with the potential to have a power, since it was obviously running in his family.
    That doesn't explain why it would cure Molly then, unless they just happen to be a random match.

That doesn't explain why it would cure Molly then, unless they just happen to be a random match.
    True, but it doesn't have to be a power, per se. His father was a geneticist. He could have actually coded a cure into his son when he was concieved. (IVF maybe?) So he would be carrying the specific cure in his blood, but it didn't have to be specific to a person.

I just think it's science, not a power, however it was done. Part of Mohinder's place in the story is that his power is knowledge.