Thread: Ghostwind (Steve Creech) has passed away.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User

Ghostwind (Steve Creech) has passed away.

It is with a heavy heart that I bear news of Ghostwind's passing. I really only new him from here and Facebook, but he was always kind-hearted and gentle, a real boon to the community. We will be less without his presence. Bless his soul.

Link to his obituary.
    Last edited by jdrakeh; May 21st, 2019 at 11:04 PM.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Here's one to GhostWind. One of our own. A good man, who made me laugh and think.

Please ask Edena about his 500th level character when you arrive, Steve.
    I like hats.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Always seemed like a good dude. Don't think I ever got a chance to meet him face to face.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    My condolences to those who knew him.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well, fuck. He'll be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

No. 1 burper & settler! maransreth's Avatar
    Province
    Brisbane
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I saw Kim's facebook post and I have to say the news has hit me hard. Hard enough to come back here, where I haven't been in years.

I was lucky enough to meet Steve, back in GenCon 06 as we did a lot together we d20zines and while we never stayed in contact a lot, I respected Steve for his work and his work ethic.

He will be missed.
    Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together.

No. 1 burper & settler! maransreth's Avatar
    Province
    Brisbane
    Oratio

Ignore User
    and it shits me to think of this happening just as Steve was starting to turn his life around after all the medical issues he has had over the last few years. Steve resigned from Origins and wasn't going to be dealing with that anymore and he recently posted that he was going to be starting full-time work again.

Such a waste and a tragedy.
    Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together.

Sad to her this.
    To my shame I can't remember if I met him at GenCon or not. It's all so long ago...
    Mein herzliches Beileid an die Familie und Freunde.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'll pour one out for our fallen comrade.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by maransreth View Post
    and it shits me to think of this happening just as Steve was starting to turn his life around after all the medical issues he has had over the last few years. Steve resigned from Origins and wasn't going to be dealing with that anymore and he recently posted that he was going to be starting full-time work again.

Such a waste and a tragedy.
    Despite his struggles, he was didn't publicize them much and was always a beacon of positivity, in my experience. He was, for example, posting chonky cat memes on Facebook as recently as a day before his passing. As I said, I only really knew him through interactions here and on Facebook, but he always struck me as a gentle, kind, soul who was a positive influence on all whom he knew. I can't honestly say that of too many people whom I've known. The guy was one of the good ones.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Last year I chatted with him in PMs about his daughter graduating, and sent him a free cap and gown for her. He was so proud of her, and I am happy he got to see her graduate.
    I like hats.

Space Adventurer Truth Seeker IV's Avatar
    Province
    Jamaica, Queens NY/Now online....everywhere!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Throughout his journey, I was aware of his personal challenges, especially on the medical side. To me, he showed true mettle and courage during that time. I am so humbly honored to have known him, from EnWorld first, to Gen Con, *finally seeing his face and hearing his voice*, his friendship to me, was always heartfelt and welcoming. Thank you.

Be at Peace....my friend.
    Event Reminder: