Thread: May we talk random things here

May we talk random things here

No new Random May thread up? How is that possible?

Welcome back iHobo, by the way.
    May you receive the usual welcome

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's raining buckets here.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Since I only have about a month left of work before I'm off for the glorious summer, I've been making plans to take a couple trips of about a week or so each, do some camping and roving, and being a fishbum. Since I was lovestruck with the Snake River when I went down that way last September for Wasteland Weekend, I want to go back there and explore that area and check out some of the stretches of river I was eyeing longingly and didn't have time to stop for. A guy I know also mentioned that there's a stretch of a different river near there where you can fish for sturgeon and usually keep one, so I've got to check that out.

Going the opposite direction, after doing some research on fishing in the Columbia I found out about the shad run that happens starting around late May and goes through June, so I've a mind to take a couple days going that way and come back with a few coolers full of shad to smoke, pickle, freeze, etc. I like herring quite a bit, and they're the largest member of the herring family and supposed to be delicious, although a lot of people out this way don't eat them because they're apparently pretty bony. They apparently used to be quite a staple back East until those fisheries largely collapsed.

I'm counting down the days until I become footloose and fancy-free fishbum.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Down where my parents live, we fish mostly for trout and red/black drum. All three are very tasty fishies.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It's raining buckets here.
    Plastic buckets, I hope? A rain of metal ones would be hard on...well, everything.

The t-storms passed south of us in central San Antonio, we didn't get any of that.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We got plenty of rain and thunder/lightning. No real high winds or hail thank goodness. I think most of the really bad weather usually (or at least seems to) by-passes Austin and then hits the Houston area.

Although, just as soon as I say that, we'll get hit.

I can say with certainty, I hate, hate, hate driving in the rain. Coming back home from work in that heavy rain, I was going 40 on the toll-way and I thought that was too fast!
    Last edited by kirinke; May 5th, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum