Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: April showers bring May flowers so they say. It just makes me sneeze alot

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Ah. Hate that. I switched over to KXAN because Kvue decided that having an ad-blocker was a bad thing. Problem is, their ads are fucking annoying.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Goddammit. Some of these sellers through Amazon, I swear. I decided to go with both the bottle-opener rings AND the magnesium strikers, so I order this "Coghlan's Magnesium Fire Starter 12-Pack". Package arrives today.

There is ONE striker in it. WTAF?!

Sent a message right away, as I've got a post-apo event weekend after next. Either they'll send me 11 more strikers or refund me and I'll gain a free one, I suppose.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    No new Random May thread up? How is that possible?

Welcome back iHobo, by the way.
    May you receive the usual welcome
    Why when we have a perfectly good May thread right here... "April showers bring May flowers..."
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Yup. ^_^
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Why when we have a perfectly good May thread right here... "April showers bring May flowers..."
    That's cheating!

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    And yet, satisfying.

I guess this is another win for Darwin.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    I guess this is another win for Darwin.
    I'm not sure if this sentence is a poor translation or completely ironic:

"A promising journalist for an online feminist magazine has died at age 25 after falling from an eighth-floor apartment window in a tragic accident that does not appear suspicious."

'Cause ain't nothing more suspicious than deliberately calling how unsuspicious something is...

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    A beloved cultural icon has passed...

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Poor furbaby. May she rest in peace and get lots of scritches and brushies up there.

Things that make you go, "hmmm..."

At the small post-apo event I went to last weekend, myself and the chick who ended up camping next to me were standing over in the camp on the other side of her, talking about cooking stuff at the event, when she reaches into her haversack and pulls out 3 little coiled-up green things. "Anybody know what these are?" she says, and I immediately recognize them as fiddleheads even though those aren't something I've ever had or foraged. Since I'm determined to make sure I do some camas-digging this year, I've been doing some research and remembering those fiddleheads she had ran across my mind, so I decided to learn more about them.

Well, what I didn't know is apparently the only species that's really the edible type of fiddleheads is the Ostrich Fern. And that only grows pretty much over in New England and the East Coast. So where the hell did she get those? She lives in Portland, so I suppose just about anything can grow there with that climate and there may be some transplanted Ostrich Ferns that she found. But other ferns have 'fiddleheads' too, but...they're often toxic and/or carcinogenic.

I guess I'm glad I didn't get offered any after they were cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Well, what I didn't know is apparently the only species that's really the edible type of fiddleheads is the Ostrich Fern. And that only grows pretty much over in New England and the East Coast. So where the hell did she get those? She lives in Portland, so I suppose just about anything can grow there with that climate and there may be some transplanted Ostrich Ferns that she found.
    Or there's a wormhole connecting Portland OR with Portland ME.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Remember kids. Back up your data regularly.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Or there's a wormhole connecting Portland OR with Portland ME.
    After I posted, I thought of a third option, the possibility of there being some retail wormhole connection, and my curiosity got the better of me (per the usual) so I messaged her and asked her where she got them. Apparently at some organic grocer's. No idea if they were locally-grown or not, or if they were transported across the country so someone could eat wild, low-impact food that has to be chilled immediately and moved very quickly.

Because, Portland.

Sometimes Amazon's suggestions of things they think you'll want/like based on your purchases and looks gets it spot on, other times....not so much. I just bought a pack of shad darts (fishing lures), and now Amazon thinks I'd like to see/buy various kinds of dartboard darts.

• Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast