Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: April showers bring May flowers so they say. It just makes me sneeze alot

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    It was BS. Every single argument for secession that the South made traces directly back to slavery. Economy: their entire economy was based on slavery. States rights: they wanted runaway slaves returned to them, and they wanted the Senate to be split between free and slave, at least. Then their statements before and during the Civil War were completely about slavery, pretty much nothing else. In fact, their constitution was practically the same as that of the Union, with the addition of slavery being explicit. And, the secession statements that were given state that slavery was the reason for secession.

Taking statements made after the Civil War at face value is stupid. These people had lost their attempt at secession. Their words were likely to be covering themselves so that they could re-assimilate into the US.
    [EDIT]

Oops, not the Senate.
    Last edited by Ovinomancer; April 15th, 2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm saddened to hear the news of the terrible fire at Notre-Dame de Paris. So many times fires have been started by people making efforts at restoration. We can only hope that as much of the building that can be salvaged will. It looks pretty bad right now.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    I'm saddened to hear the news of the terrible fire at Notre-Dame de Paris. So many times fires have been started by people making efforts at restoration. We can only hope that as much of the building that can be salvaged will. It looks pretty bad right now.
    It's terrible, but there is humor to be found.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It might have also been an electrical fire. With a building that old, a spark could set it easily ablaze.

I can't imagine what the French are feeling right now. I have no words.
    Last edited by kirinke; April 16th, 2019 at 12:37 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    It's terrible, but there is humor to be found.

It honestly is terrible (though it sounds like it might not be as bad as was feared), but when a lot of people were asking how the fire started, someone posted a 'shopped pic showing Drogon flaming the cathedral, and I had to really curb myself from both laughing publicly or re-posting it.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Just got the news that Deimos, the founder of Demonoid, was killed in an accident. Sad news.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    Just got the news that Deimos, the founder of Demonoid, was killed in an accident. Sad news.

And that probably kills demonoid ever coming back. It's a shame, it's never been what it was, but I always hoped it'd make a come back.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Man, I know I have a thing for tools, but I am really inordinately excited to get the sheet-metal hole-puncher that I ordered. I really hope it's as decent as the reviews implied, since I went for the mid-level price range one.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well, after I got acute food poisoning last month, I've been staying the fuck away from that damned cafeteria and eating stuff from HEB and 7-Eleven for my lunch and breakfast and snacks. Usually sensible sandwiches, salads, fruits, nuts and of course I don't stint myself, I do eat sweets.

I've actually lost weight! Just from cutting out that crap I used to eat at that horrible place. I can almost fit into a dress I got for christmas. I only need to loose an inch or two more to fit into it!

Also, my mom is doing better, we've had lots of scares this past year and last. But Easter, she was up and about and even using her cane to walk instead of the walker or wheelchair. She even repainted her lawn chairs! So YAY!
    Last edited by kirinke; April 27th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So in preparation to burning down my Photobucket account I've been dl-ing all my memes and pics i want to save.... and realized I have over 100+ Pinky Pie images.

And I can't remember why.

Now I'm debating saving them or just lighting them afire as well. Like, I can't even remember why I ever bothered down-and-then-up-loading them in the first place, so what possible use would I ever have for them?

Did we ever do a Werewolf game here where we posted as the characters from MLP? Cause that sounds like something guyjin would have run...

[EDIT]
    Nope. We never did that. Maybe it was for another message board. Though I can't remember ever playing Werewolf anywhere else.
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by nail bunny; April 27th, 2019 at 11:17 PM.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Why are you incinerating your account? I just save the links to the pics to my favorites in their own personal folders.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Why are you incinerating your account? I just save the links to the pics to my favorites in their own personal folders.
    They sent me an email demanding I either erase files to 'get below the free account maximum" or pay for a premium membership. I was sitting at 9% space usage of the free account limits.

So fuck 'em. Burning it down. Can't hotlink to them, and I'd switched over to using Imgur a year ago anyway.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It might have been a spam bot or a phishing attempt. You know, click on this link sorta deal.

In other news, my cat is a moron or a genius. She goes out into the hallway and yells loudly like she's lost/lonely. I go in, pick her up and pet her, then put her on my bed. I go to my chair and soon she's there, right at my feet, curled up and purring happily as I pet her now and then.

Gah. She's a genius and has me wrapped around her paws, the brat.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It might have been a spam bot or a phishing attempt. You know, click on this link sorta deal.
    Or it was exactly what I said it was. I do know how to read a url. And when I went to Photobucket every other fucking click I did that wasn't scrolling through photos opened another pop-up begging me to buy into a premium membership.

The site is dying and they are desperately trying to get people into a 'pay to play' mindset.

• Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast