Thread: reveal's Daily Trivia 3.15.19

reveal's Daily Trivia 3.15.19

Weekend edition!

1) What does the psychological term cute aggression refer to? Answered

A reaction to excessive cuteness (i.e., a puppy, kitten, or baby) that includes a minor violent impulse. When something is so cute that you want to “eat it up” or “squeeze it to death” or “just die,” you are experiencing cute aggression.

2) The winner of Best Picture at the 2017 Oscars was Moonlight -- but, in a historic mix-up, the announcers initially declared what other nominee to be the winner? Answered

La La Land. The La La Land acceptance speech was underway before the mistake was realized and fixed.

3) St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, was not actually born in Ireland. Where was he born? Answered

Britain. St. Patrick was kidnapped and taken to Ireland as a slave when he was 16 years old. He eventually escaped, but later returned to spread Christianity among the Irish.
    Last edited by reveal; March 15th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

3. England

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    3. England
    Close enough!

3) Britain. St. Patrick was kidnapped and taken to Ireland as a slave when he was 16 years old. He eventually escaped, but later returned to spread Christianity among the Irish.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    1. Toddlers stealing toys. (?)
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

1. Isn't that like when a baby is cute, and you have the urge to bite it? Like the "I could just eat you all up" sort of thing?

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    1. Isn't that like when a baby is cute, and you have the urge to bite it? Like the "I could just eat you all up" sort of thing?
    Correct!

1) A reaction to excessive cuteness (i.e., a puppy, kitten, or baby) that includes a minor violent impulse. When something is so cute that you want to “eat it up” or “squeeze it to death” or “just die,” you are experiencing cute aggression.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    2 - La La Land.

The most prominent author (Oriana Aragón) of the paper on cute aggression ('playful aggresson' as the paper cites) is a pro-SJW forced inclusivity in STEM activist... so I'm not sure I trust her methodology.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    2 - La La Land.
    Correct!

2) La La Land. The La La Land acceptance speech was underway before the mistake was realized and fixed.

The most prominent author (Oriana Aragón) of the paper on cute aggression ('playful aggresson' as the paper cites) is a pro-SJW forced inclusivity in STEM activist... so I'm not sure I trust her methodology.
    Please keep your politics out of my daily trivia threads.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Correct!

2) La La Land. The La La Land acceptance speech was underway before the mistake was realized and fixed.

Please keep your politics out of my daily trivia threads.
    Mmmm. Mmmmm. Oh! You've, um, got some, uh... politics... on your thread. Right there, on the.. yeah, right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.