Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March Madness. Fuck it.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Sprout had a panic attack* today and moved her kittens to the culvert tunnel at the street. Sigh. Hopefully it doesn't rain.
    It rained. Hard. While I was at work.

Apparently Sprout waited until the culvert started to fill up and spill into the tunnel before she gave up on her hidey hole, so she had to drag the kittens through shoulder deep water to get them up on 'dry land'. All the while Momma Kitty was freaking out and running back and forth on the porch crying her head off.

They are in the kitty cubby by the door once again. Hopefully Sprout is over all that foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    You could have spoonbills:
    Is there something about the description "beak like a shoebill stork" that was completely foreign to you?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I didn't see that part. Sorry.

Those shoebills look prehistoric.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    glad she saved the kittens.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    glad she saved the kittens.
    Update: The very next morning she spazzed out again and moved them somewhere else. I think she went across [BUSY STREET] closer to the lake... the lake full of kingfishers, also closer to the woods where the possums live.

I don't think dem kittens are gonna make it.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    5 years ago, Boy picked up a trumpet and turned out to be good at it. We visited Greenville that year, and happened to point out the SC Governor's School for Arts and Humanities just beside Falls Park in downtown. We said, semi-seriously, "if you practice hard and get good grades, you might be able to go there."

Today, he got his acceptance letter. Boy is headed to SCGSAH for his junior and senior years.

For those clueless about SC Governor's schools, they are essentially state-wide magnet schools that take juniors and seniors for a residential program. The Arts and Humanities school is a top ten nationwide academic program, and their music program has placed a student at Julliard every year for the last 11 (Julliard auditions 1500 to take 10 each year). Last year, the graduating class of 108 students took down $33 million in scholarship offers.

This is fucking amazing. I'm beside myself with pride. And really sad to have to let Boy go off to school 2 years early.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    That's splendid. Congratulations!
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats all round. Has he displayed a preference in music style, i.e. orchestra vs. jazz, or?

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    5 years ago...
    What are you still doing in this old thread? Is it still fucking March? No it fucking very well isn't. Fucking yes, I did just watch Gordon "F-fucking-bomb" Ramsey, why do you fucking ask?

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123