Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Madness. Fuck it.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User

March Madness. Fuck it.

Well this has been the start of a yucky month.

I got an acute case of food poisoning day before.

It was not pleasant.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

A friend tossed this my way because of my mimic-making habit.

But yes...ah, curiosity.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    In the online games, my brother actually goes after the mimics. Easy experience and they are loads of fun. ^_^

On a weirder note.

I fucking hate waking dreams. My waking dreams usually consist of the bugs on the wall and the negative room varieties. They're so real I'm up and off the bed before I wake up. I usually get them when I'm sick or stressed out.
    Last edited by kirinke; March 4th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

I just used the word "escalatio" as a noun in a FB post. Either enough of my friends are Tom Lehrer fans and/or linguistic nerds enough to have gotten it. Or they just thought I made a typo and left off the 'n'.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    I just used the word "escalatio" as a noun in a FB post. Either enough of my friends are Tom Lehrer fans and/or linguistic nerds enough to have gotten it. Or they just thought I made a typo and left off the 'n'.
    "What with President Johnson practicing escalatio on the Vietnamese..."

It's been a while since I listened to Tom Lehrer. It may be time to pull out the recordings again.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    "What with President Johnson practicing escalatio on the Vietnamese..."
    I honestly thought for the longest time that was an actual word in the way he used it, rather than something he appears to have intuited/made up on the spot. I mean, it works, linguistic-rules-wise.

I honestly thought for the longest time that was an actual word in the way he used it, rather than something he appears to have intuited/made up on the spot. I mean, it works, linguistic-rules-wise.
    And sounds molto continentale, which lends an air of authenticity.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    My thoughts are many. Some are better than others.

I give you, cinnamon rolls with nutella on top.

Sooo good.
    Last edited by kirinke; March 17th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Anyone need three kittens in their life? The "outdoor cat"* had her kittens on our front porch in the kitty cubby we have out for them to sleep in.

This is the first one we've seen, it was making a brave bid for freedom and passed out before it could escape it's mother's clutches.

* There are a few cats we feed. Two of them have decided our front porch is their home, Momma Kitty (a tortoiseshell) and her daughter Sprout. Sprout (a pure black cat) is from Momma Kitty's second† and last litter (she got "fixed and released"). These are Sprout's second litter (we have not managed to get the little hussy fixed yet)... the first was lost to local predators, so we're pretty happy she's had them on the porch, close to food, water, and shelter instead of somewhere down the street in an abandoned yard, or under a wild bush.

Oh, and the red thing to the right? That's Sprout's cubby. She had her litter in her Mother's cubby... probably so her's would remain clean...

† There's a third, from MK's first litter, Stringbean. She got adopted by a family a block over, though she still comes by every once in a while for a snack and to get petted by my Mum.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

D'awww! Behbeh voids!!

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Kittehs! So cute!

If you actually need help with the adopting, ask your local vet or petsmart/petco/spca. They have more resources that can reach more people, which increases the likelyhood of adoption.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Kittehs! So cute!
    Eh... we've only seen the brave one, who keeps trying to blindly leg it. The other two have been content to meep from deeper in the cubby and Sprout doesn't go far, so Mom can't get into a good position to see them. And we don't want to freak her out considering she lost 6 kittens last time (5 in one swoop and unlucky number 6 a day later, she cried for about a month).

And I know all about adopting out cats. I was just checkin to see if any y'all wanted them, I'd mail 'em to you . We're gonna try to get 'em all rounded up and fixed (and adopted or released) and put an 'end' to the expansion of the cat population around here.

Though... between the stray cats, hawks, possums, and eagles we've only got like two squirrels in the whole neighborhood... and I've never seen a rat or mouse... occasional dead moles on the doorstep too. So, the strays are doing their jobs (and the hawks*, eagles, possums, it's a team effort to be sure).

* I feed one of the local hawks occasionally. Cut up some fish into 1/2 inch chunks and toss 'em one at time under her perch (she favors a spot on some power lines by my house where she's over a deeper culvert, it usually floods and has frogs). She usually eats two and flies away with the third.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'd rather have the cats, hawks, possums and eagles than rats and mice. I've always had a fondness for possums. They're ugly-cute.

As for adopting, the family already has 2 dogs and 2 cats. They're all spoiled brats.
    Last edited by kirinke; March 24th, 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post

* I feed one of the local hawks occasionally. Cut up some fish into 1/2 inch chunks and toss 'em one at time under her perch (she favors a spot on some power lines by my house where she's over a deeper culvert, it usually floods and has frogs). She usually eats two and flies away with the third.
    Huh. Got an ident, or can you snap a pic next time you see it?

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Huh. Got an ident, or can you snap a pic next time you see it?
    Pretty sure she's a short-tail hawk, she looks almost exactly like this:

There's about 6 of them in the neighborhood (by which I mean several square miles). She's slightly larger than the local crows, her mate is a bit smaller than the crows. The local jays are super suicidally aggressive whenever she's around, so her mate rarely comes around.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast