Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 380

Thread: Social Shenanigans (Second Verse)

  1. #31
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Actually, it isn't.
    The strawman is that whether or not they are bigots has any standing on the law or on forcing others to serve as you demand they do.


    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Yeah, Yuri art? I was introduced to that while playing South Park Fractured but whole. Not exactly my cup o tea.
    So answer the question. Is it okay to force them to make gay art for a straight person's wedding? Or are they allowed to discriminate against the straights because, "feelings"?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

 

  • #32
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    So answer the question. Is it okay to force them to make gay art for a straight person's wedding? Or are they allowed to discriminate against the straights because, "feelings"?
    Look, if they make gay art for one side, they gotta for the other side. If they make regular art for one side, same for the other side. It's just like the 'we don't serve blacks' nonsense back in the day. It was wrong then, it's wrong now. That's the problem. It's doubly wrong since they're using the bible to justify their stupid.

    Plus, it's against biblical truth to discriminate against others. Do unto others as you'd have em do unto you ring bells?
    Last edited by kirinke; December 27th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #33
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,180

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Look, if they make gay art for one side, they gotta for the other side. If they make regular art for one side, same for the other side. It's just like the 'we don't serve blacks' nonsense back in the day. It was wrong then, it's wrong now. That's the problem. It's doubly wrong since they're using the bible to justify their stupid.

    Plus, it's against biblical truth to discriminate against others. Do unto others as you'd have em do unto you ring bells?
    Ah, the post in which kirinke exposes it has no idea what the actual facts are.

    The artists in question do not make gay art for any customers. Did you really think they made gay art for straight customers but refused to do so for the gay customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

  • #34
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    That wasn't the point. Le sigh.

    In any case, if they make the art for straight customers, by law (and by the biblical truth of the bible due to the Mathew 7:12 clause therein) they would have to make the same art for gay customers. They don't have a leg to stand on legally or spiritually.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #35
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,180

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    That wasn't the point. Le sigh.

    In any case, if they make the art for straight customers, by law (and by the biblical truth of the bible due to the Mathew 7:12 clause therein) they would have to make the same art for gay customers. They don't have a leg to stand on legally or spiritually.
    100% But those aren't the facts of the case. The facts aren't that they refused to sell art to gay customers, but that they refused to create gay art for any customer, gay or not. This isn't a case of selling, it's a case of creating. Not that I expect you to be able to grasp this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

  • #36
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Look, if they make gay art for one side, they gotta for the other side.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #37
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,696

    Ignore User
    Holy shit are all of you people fucking stupid. They haven't denied anyone anything; it's a preemptive "pre-enforcement" lawsuit against the city (filed in 2016 by an LBGTQ hate group on these bitches behalf) cos they don't want to follow local non-discrimination ordinances (in fact don't want them to exist). They want the right to NOT MAKE WEDDING INVITATIONS AND DECORATIONS for queer folks' weddings in the (theoretical) future. Jesus, most of that shit will wind up in the landfill, or get put in a box never to be seen again until their heirs throw it away, nor is anyone oppressing these whores; they brought this on themselves. Funnily enough, they signed an agreement with Etsy that requires the same thing of them as the anti discrimination policy of Phoenix.

    Odd how uh, "situational" their religious beliefs are, huh?
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #38
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Holy shit are all of you people fucking stupid. They haven't denied anyone anything; it's a preemptive "pre-enforcement" lawsuit against the city (filed in 2016 by an LBGTQ hate group on these bitches behalf) cos they don't want to follow local non-discrimination ordinances (in fact don't want them to exist). They want the right to NOT MAKE WEDDING INVITATIONS AND DECORATIONS for queer folks' weddings in the (theoretical) future. Jesus, most of that shit will wind up in the landfill, or get put in a box never to be seen again until their heirs throw it away, nor is anyone oppressing these whores; they brought this on themselves. Funnily enough, they signed an agreement with Etsy that requires the same thing of them as the anti discrimination policy of Phoenix.

    Odd how uh, "situational" their religious beliefs are, huh?
    Exactly. They're whining about oppression, when in fact they're the ones oppressing LBGTQ folks or anyone else they don't like. Sane people see through their crap. Hell even insane people see through it. Sincere religious beliefs my ass.
    Last edited by kirinke; December 29th, 2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #39
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Holy shit are all of you people fucking stupid.
    Some are, certainly.

    They haven't denied anyone anything; it's a preemptive "pre-enforcement" lawsuit against the city...
    Yup...

    ...filed in 2016...
    Did not realize it was that old. Admittedly it did sound familiar.

    ...by an LBGTQ hate group on these bitches behalf...
    Don't care.

    They want the right to NOT MAKE WEDDING INVITATIONS AND DECORATIONS for queer folks' weddings in the (theoretical) future.
    And that should be their right.

    Jesus, most of that shit will wind up in the landfill, or get put in a box never to be seen again until their heirs throw it away...
    Which has no bearing in anything.

    ...nor is anyone oppressing these whores; they brought this on themselves.
    They made this law? I suppose they could just move to somewhere that it's legal to deny service to others. Just anyone they might deny service to could go to another artist.

    Funnily enough, they signed an agreement with Etsy...
    I'd like some citation for that.

    Odd how uh, "situational" their religious beliefs are, huh?
    Don't fucking care. Aside from kirinke, and now you, who in this thread has said anything about their religion or their beliefs?


    Also, great stance on feminism there mate. You're a real ally.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #40
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    Not sure if I posted this one... I'd check the earlier thread but...




    Transcript he's referring to.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #41
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    And a follow up, nothing new, just another white male discussing the Patreonarchy...


    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    No. If they are a business, then they have to serve everyone equally under the law. Just because you don't like somebody, doesn't mean you get to discriminate against them and hide behind the bible to get away with it.


    Religious freedom in America means that we all have a right to our religious beliefs, but this does not give us the right to use our religion to discriminate against those who do not share them.
    If you can't engage in your religion freely, which includes who you serve in your business, there is no religious freedom in America. They should be able to turn away those people, because in America you have the freedom to engage in your religion so long as you don't actively hurt someone else. There is no harm in a couple having to go to a different artist.

  • #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    So, no, you would not create art of pedophilia, rape, and murder. Good. What's different, here? One could argue that pedophilia art is child porn, so let's dispense that one under "it would be illegal." But, depictions of rape and murder are not illegal. Are you or are you not okay requiring artists to draw these under the law?
    "Child pornography is considered to be any depiction of a minor or an individual who appears to be a minor who is engaged in sexual or sexually related conduct. This includes pictures, videos, and computer-generated content. Even altering an image or video so that it appears to be a minor can be considered child pornography. One important exception to the category of illegal child pornography is artistic renderings or depictions that have serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value."

    It may not even be illegal to create pedophilia art.

  • #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Actually, it isn't. Mathew 7:12 is the golden rule and a big part of being Christian (it's probably the biggest rule outside of the commandments). If they aren't following that rule, then they aren't following biblical truth. So their argument about following biblical truth falls apart when you take that into account.
    The Golden Rule doesn't get you around all of the other rules. You cannot point to it as a reason to violate the Commandments for example. If I feel like dying, I can't go around murdering people just because I want someone to kill me. Just because I don't care if someone takes my stuff, doesn't mean that I can go around stealing from others. You are misusing the Golden Rule.

  • #45
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    Um... That's beyond fucked up.

    The Golden rule doesn't even... Yeesh.
    It basically means don't be a dick and don't treat others badly. Those girls are treating others badly by not serving them based on their sexual identity and as such, they are violating 'biblical truth'.

    What you're describing is the exact opposite of what the Golden Rule is. Not even a nice try. Dumb-ass.
    Last edited by kirinke; December 30th, 2018 at 08:39 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •