Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's December? All Fucking Ready?

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    And yes, I know some people do smithing on their own. Me? I know I'd kill myself or set somebody (me) on fire if I tried something that stupid.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    They don't always do so here either. But you can see them unless you're blind or stupid.

I notice every mound when I mow, stepping on it is generally no problem if you keep moving. Then after mowing I go about and give them all a nice dose of Amdro.

But just the fire and carpenter ants. All the other ants can stay (in the yard - they aren't allowed in the house).
    I see. You are selective about your means of genocide and the species you select for eradication. I guess fire is sort of tasteless, although, to be fair, dousing oneself with gasoline and lighting a match seems a highly inefficient way to cure a bacterial infection. To each his own.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    You are selective about your means of genocide and the species you select for eradication.
    Everyone is. I also don't chortle with glee at the thought of killing another creature.

Though I'll admit, I do dream of the day when man finally rids the earth of vermin like mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, mites, moralizing authoritarians, etc.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Any day that I can find/buy a new track by Lindsey Stirling and another one by Malukah is most definitely A Very Good Day.

Interestingly enough, the one by Malu is her cover of "My Immortal", which Lindsey also recently covered in the last year. Very well done, and she dropped it down into a much more comfortable key.
    Last edited by Palaralae; December 16th, 2018 at 04:58 AM.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Here to ruin your fond Christmas movie memories....

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's funny. While taking a shower under blissfully hot water, I found myself thanking god for hot water and indoor plumbing.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It's funny. While taking a shower under blissfully hot water, I found myself thanking god for hot water and indoor plumbing.
    You haven't had a Really Good Shower until you've had your first shower upon returning from Wasteland. Or some other 5-day camping event in hot, primitive conditions. It is akin to a divine fucking experience.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I camped in the Rocky Mt. National forest for a couple weeks. Brushed my teeth in the stream every morning and bathed, washed my hair in ponds that were constructed by beavers from water that came from melted snow. You dive in, come out freezing, soap down, and dive in again to wash off. The shampoo resisted so I had to dive in a few more times. Then my skin was numb. You can really appreciate good plumbing and hot water after that.

I used to read late 19th c. engineering journals for fun. Sometimes they covered idiotic plumbing mistakes, like accidentally hooking up the toilet to the bathtub. Here's a link to "Dangerous Plumbing Blunders in Chicago" for your entertainment. https://books.google.com/books?id=ab...hicago&f=false

I'm not sure when they began to require licensing and educational standards for plumbers.
    Last edited by shiningbrow; December 17th, 2018 at 06:28 AM.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Lol. I've never done anything extreme as that, but I was stiff and sore from a bad back/knee combo and I have an old fashioned water heater, so the hot water can be hit or miss sometimes. Not this time though. Just the right temperature of blissful hot.

But yeah, I can see where you guys would appreciate a hot shower a leetle more than me.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    For aches and pains, there's nothing quite as nice as a soak in a hot tub.

If you have someone fussy to buy for on your Christmas list who is a Star Wars fan, don't fret. Here is a possible solution. https://www.amazon.com/Death-Kitchen...nivescien02-20 It pairs well with the Millenium Falcon bottle opener.

Ding! Time's up, Rebel Alliance!
    Last edited by shiningbrow; December 17th, 2018 at 05:57 PM.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Lol, that is freaking cool!

I agree though, a hot tub is wonderful. But a shower is the next best thing.

Ok, my day just got made. Don't know if any of you have heard of "The Mysterious Package Company" (check them out, they're way cool), but I responded to someone's comment on their FB page which mentioned "an uncooperative box" and The Luggage from Discworld with a pic of the latest mimic I had made for a lady who had requested one, and the company replied "So cool!" to it.

I guess that's a subtle reminder I need to get my crafty stuff more out there and get that damn Etsy store open, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    I camped in the Rocky Mt. National forest for a couple weeks. Brushed my teeth in the stream every morning and bathed, washed my hair in ponds that were constructed by beavers from water that came from melted snow. You dive in, come out freezing, soap down, and dive in again to wash off. The shampoo resisted so I had to dive in a few more times. Then my skin was numb. You can really appreciate good plumbing and hot water after that.
    Yah, I've done much the same back home in and around Glacier and up the north fork of the Flathead where I'm from.

I didn't even get quite so dirty/funky as some do at Wasteland, though, because the first thing I did every morning was take my little wash bucket I had brought with some water and soap, and wash at least my face, neck and arms. That in itself was a little slice of heaven and a way to get the day started off right. The wind blows there constantly, everything from a steady breeze to destructive prolonged gales, and it carries the dust with it. Since you're sweating all the time, you end up with a fine encrustation of self+Mojave pretty quickly, and it's delightful to wash it off, if only to put on a fresh layer of sunscreen & whatnot before starting the whole process all over again.

Ok, so now I guess I've officially posted "hate speech" on Facebook and violated community standards.

At first it was obvious that it was most likely flagged by algorithm, so I clicked on the "review this", assuming it would be reviewed by mortal eyes with (presumably) a mortal brain attached, and passed through with a "whoops, our algorithms are a little bit goofy on their sensitivities" excuse.

NOPE.

Happy belated Solstice anyhow, thieving Christian bastards and others.

happy winter solstice.jpg

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Ok, so now I guess I've officially posted "hate speech" on Facebook and violated community standards.
    Look girl there's a perfectly good thread over in the Senate to gripe about this political nonsense in:
    http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/forum/s...ce-Shenanigans

[EDIT]
    But aye, tis the season.
    [/EDIT]

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast