Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's December? All Fucking Ready?

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Fire ants aren't creatures. They're annoying, self-mobile, venomous kindling.
    Not to mention an invasive species. The only good fire ant is a dead fire ant.

Even though I don't have the equipment for it, I do appreciate the fact that with the molten metal, you get the entire nest taken care of. Plus, you get a pretty decorative piece out of it.

Fire ants to people who have to deal with the little shits are like rabbits and cane toads to Australians.
    Last edited by kirinke; December 5th, 2018 at 12:53 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    You speak as one who has never been attacked by a swarm of fire ants.
    I've lived in Florida, the fire ant capital of the world, for over 30 years. No I've never been attacked by a swarm, I'm not dumb enough to stand/sit/lay/etc on a fire ant mound.

I assume you refuse to take antibiotics on the same principle? Wouldn't want to harm any bacteria, now, would we?
    Antibiotics don't exactly light bacteria on fire now do they? I deal with fire ants the same way I deal with all ants around the house, poison.

Fire ants aren't creatures. They're annoying, self-mobile, venomous kindling.
    Sounds like children. I agree, molten metal is the only cure to that infestation.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Fire ants to people who have to deal with the little shits are like rabbits and cane toads to Australians.
    They destroy whole ecosystems? I think, that once again, you simply do not understand what you're talking about.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    In Texas, they don't always advertise their nests in a big mound. So you can step in them or if you're gardening or just walking through grass, etc. Fucking bastards. The big mounds down here usually crop up after a storm.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    In Texas, they don't always advertise their nests in a big mound.
    They don't always do so here either. But you can see them unless you're blind or stupid.

I notice every mound when I mow, stepping on it is generally no problem if you keep moving. Then after mowing I go about and give them all a nice dose of Amdro.

But just the fire and carpenter ants. All the other ants can stay (in the yard - they aren't allowed in the house).

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We usually go with Amdro as well. Like I said, I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to do molten metal.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    On a fun note, I made boneless beef ribs in the crock pot with Stubb's beef marinade. I then used Taziki sauce as a dip (I just dolloped some on the meat). It was surprisingly tasty! It was definitely one of those hmmm, why not, let's try it moments.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We usually go with Amdro as well. Like I said, I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to do molten metal.
    Can't be that hard, you should give it a go!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Somebody with absolutely no idea on how to work a forge or a crucible, plus molten metal.
    Are you out of your fucking mind?!!!!

(yeah, I know you were joking)
    Last edited by kirinke; December 6th, 2018 at 01:07 AM.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Somebody with absolutely no idea on how to work a forge or a crucible, plus molten metal.
    Are you out of your fucking mind?!!!!

Naw, looks easy, you should try!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Heh. You really want me to set the neighborhood on fire or seriously maim myself right?
    You're evil.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Lead and gold are both stovetop forgeable.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Lead and gold are both stovetop forgeable meltable and able to be cast.
    FIFY. Softer metals aren't "forged" per se. But they part of smithcraft; pewtersmith, goldsmith, etc.
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    FIFY. Softer metals aren't "forged" per se. But they part of smithcraft; pewtersmith, goldsmith, etc.
    Eh, forgeable, meltable, weldable. It's all the same in whitesmithing.

And every jewelry smith is turning to me with rage in their eyes...

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Yeah, there is a reason why people apprentice themselves to experts in smithing. Doing it alone is a sure-fire way of getting seriously hurt.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Eh, forgeable, meltable, weldable. It's all the same in whitesmithing.

And every jewelry smith is turning to me with rage in their eyes...
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast