Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thankful November Thoughts

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User

Thankful November Thoughts

Well, I went to the doctor's Friday. My blood pressure was good for once! It helps that I've been off of decongestants since July and have only been using Flo-Nase Sensimist to control my allergies. So yay!

I applied for a new job earlier this year and found out on Friday that I made it into the folder (it was one of those weird ones that closes in a year lol)! Which is better than I had originally hoped. Sure, it's in the lowest tier, but hey, I fucking made the fucking folder! Huzzah!

Aand I got my flu shot on Friday and after the doctor's visit, I went to IHop for brunch.

The weather was also good.

So, Friday was most excellent in my opinion.
    Last edited by kirinke; November 3rd, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Congrats, and fingers crossed. I got a phone call confirming that I'd received a scholarship, so it was a good day all 'round. Yay!
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Nice! Fingers crossed both ways here for ya!
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Good for you both!

My November promises to be good for meas well. I'm heading to Vegas next weekend with just "the guys." I haven't been to Vegas without a significant other and just "the guys" in about 20 years. Should be really fun.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Congrats kirinke & shiningbrow.

Next couple weeks are going to be super-busy for me as I have a new (to me) con that I'm presenting at in Portland next weekend, and then the weekend after that there is a Wastelander meetup thing, also in Portland. Would have been nice to maybe combine the two events into one weekend so as to cut down on the driving, but oh well.

Lots of Making Stuff on my horizon, too. I have bead commissions that I need to get my ass in gear and get done; I'd like to get some more mimics and other stuff done so I can maybe finally open my Etsy store, I'm basically totally revamping the Raven Queen costume in a huge way by making black scale armor and formed raven skulls on the pauldrons, elbow cops, etc. I need to finish up the black dragon mask & headdress for hopefully wearing it to this year's 12th Night, and just the other day I saw this uber-cool pic of a costumed horse and rider (I posted it on the CM FB group) that is Out Of This World, where the horse is a blue dragon and the rider has on this hella amazing Mohawk-like crest of feathers headdress that is incorporated into a silver mask. And I need to make that headdress. My creative-brain is already gleefully busy figuring out the structure and how to engineer the whole thing.

Edit: Oh, and I am going to build Rankle, the mummified Egyptian cat puppet from "The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell" (in my avatar pic), except he won't be an animatronic puppet since I don't know how to do animatronics (yet?). But he will be cool, I think.
    "And now? With no drunks? There ain't no bums.
    And with no bums, there ain't no muthafuckas to feed the ducks at the park.
    What's a fuckin' town with no ducks, J-Tro? It's nothin'! IT AIN'T NOTHIN!
    How's a ***** to sort his shit out without no DUCKS?!"

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I love Saturdays like this. The weather was perfect, so I opened up the window and around 1pm, I took a nap. I just woke up. ^_^. I just let the wind in the trees lull me to sleep. It was wonderful.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Just got back from taking Boy to his first paying job, which was being an extra in Stranger Things S3. They worked him 12 hours, ftom 6pm to 6 am the 31st, and another 12 last night, from 430 to 430. I think it's safe to say he had a total blast and is totes asleep right now (and has been for a few hours).

Me, not as much (very little for guardians to do but wait), although I was within 50ft of Cary Elwes and got to watch a scene with him filmed. That was cool. Super cool.

No, I can't give specifics, or even generals, but you'll be seeing my Boy next season. He did a pretty goid job of getting into scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Congrats! ^_^

I think everyone needs some good news every now and then to balance out all of the negative shit that permeates our lives or at least seems to anyway.
    Last edited by kirinke; November 3rd, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Just got back from taking Boy to his first paying job, which was being an extra in Stranger Things S3. They worked him 12 hours, ftom 6pm to 6 am the 31st, and another 12 last night, from 430 to 430. I think it's safe to say he had a total blast and is totes asleep right now (and has been for a few hours).

Me, not as much (very little for guardians to do but wait), although I was within 50ft of Cary Elwes and got to watch a scene with him filmed. That was cool. Super cool.

No, I can't give specifics, or even generals, but you'll be seeing my Boy next season. He did a pretty goid job of getting into scenes.
    Really cool. Is Boy trying to become an actor, or was this just to make some cash?

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I took acting through high school and college. Mostly background stuff. But still fun.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Really cool. Is Boy trying to become an actor, or was this just to make some cash?
    More just a Stranger Things thing.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    That sounds like a great experience for both of you.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

That's cool, too. Love the show.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Hey, it could launch a career if he really likes it. Plenty of actors started up as extras.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Hey, it could launch a career if he really likes it. Plenty of actors started up as extras.
    I'll buy a lottery ticket.
    I think ovi's right.

• Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast