Thread: reveal's Daily Trivia 11.2.18

reveal's Daily Trivia 11.2.18

Weekend edition!

1) In the game Settlers of Catan, what is Catan? Answered

2) What are aglets? Answered

3) What is the name of the greenish layer that forms on copper, bronze, and brass when the metal is exposed to moisture? Answered

1) An island. Explorers must compete to build settlements that will grow into cities.
    2) The plastic or metal coverings on the ends of shoelaces.
    3) Verdigris patina (“verdigris” is the color and “patina” is the layer). This is what makes the Statue of Liberty green (its original color was a copper brown).
    Last edited by reveal; November 2nd, 2018 at 04:52 PM.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    1) an island
    2) plastic tube ends of shoelaces
    3) Patina
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    1) an island
    2) plastic tube ends of shoelaces
    3) Patina
    Correct on all 3!

1) An island. Explorers must compete to build settlements that will grow into cities.
    3) Verdigris patina (“verdigris” is the color and “patina” is the layer). This is what makes the Statue of Liberty green (its original color was a copper brown).
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post

Or any other kind of lacing; you put them on things like corset laces, the ends of cords for tying on hosen, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Verdigris is actually the compound, not solely the color. Lots of metals can get patina, but only copper will produce verdigris. I've manufactured it as a dye pigment
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."