Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Daredevil Season 3

  1. #1
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User

    Daredevil Season 3




    I can't wait.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

 

  • #2
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User
    Just 15 days! Who else is pumped for this season?
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #3
    What, 15 days still? For some reason I thought it was this weekend!


    Mustrum "Obviously, I am barely interested and are completely calm" Ridcully

  • #4

  • #5
    It is going to be another binge weekend for me.

  • #6
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,293

    Ignore User
    Nothing on this almost a week in?!

    I'll start, then. Fucking fantastic. This season fulfilled the promise of season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Nothing on this almost a week in?!

    I'll start, then. Fucking fantastic. This season fulfilled the promise of season 1.
    Fuck. I guess that means Netflix will cancel this one too.

    The 2nd Iron Fist was light years better than the first, and the second Luke Cage too (gods, I loved the villain in Cage 2).

    I am only two episodes into the new Daredevil, so the news that it doesn't suck really cuts me to the quick.

  • #8
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Nothing on this almost a week in?!
    I'm only up to episode 4.

    It's bloody strong. They managed to keep the fight coordinator from the previous two it looks like. I was worried after the mediocre fights in the Iron Fist seasons (IF 2 was better than 1 but still not up to DD)...

    Episode 4 is the "one long shot fight scene". I liked that a careful viewer can even catch the camera man's shadow in a few scenes. It's a beautiful fight.

    And again, Charlie Cox is just fucking brilliant at selling the character as being blind. Even in the fight scenes, just fucking brilliant.

    This season fulfilled the promise of season 1.
    So far, aye. It is.
    Last edited by nail bunny; October 26th, 2018 at 02:36 AM.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #9
    It was a great season. Wonderful character development everywhere, basically. I also think it is one of the Netflix Marvel shows without length or uneven quality, and the story doesn't seem stretched.

  • #10
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User
    Personally I think the entire "Karen's Flashback" sequence was cuttable. All it did was stutter the pacing. Deborah Woll is a strong enough actor that she was selling that background without us seeing it, and I think it would have been better if she continued carrying it with out the flashback.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #11
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,293

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Personally I think the entire "Karen's Flashback" sequence was cuttable. All it did was stutter the pacing. Deborah Woll is a strong enough actor that she was selling that background without us seeing it, and I think it would have been better if she continued carrying it with out the flashback.
    bunny is wrong, wrong, wrong on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #12
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    bunny is wrong, wrong, wrong on this.
    The only difference between seeing the background and not is we definitively know her Dad is an asshole. Otherwise, he could have come across as slightly more sympathetic.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #13
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,293

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    The only difference between seeing the background and not is we definitively know her Dad is an asshole. Otherwise, he could have come across as slightly more sympathetic.
    I found it made him much more sympathetic. Karen was pretty fucking bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #14
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,664

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I found it made him much more sympathetic. Karen was pretty fucking bad.
    Where as I found it simply removed the ambiguity. It stopped being "Maybe Karen was a complete asshole and deserved to be disowned by her family" or "Damn, her Dad is cold, what kind of an asshole would turn away his crying daughter" to "The only decent people in her family are dead".
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #15
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,293

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Where as I found it simply removed the ambiguity. It stopped being "Maybe Karen was a complete asshole and deserved to be disowned by her family" or "Damn, her Dad is cold, what kind of an asshole would turn away his crying daughter" to "The only decent people in her family are dead".
    Again, I found her dad's reaction to be much more sympathetic. You can be wrapped up on protaganist sympathy so that anyone nean to Karen must be bad, but, having seen similar situations in other families be hella destructive, it made her dad seem human. Karen was at fault, soup to nuts, and was a raging asshole about it. Made her more human, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •