Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 381

Thread: Is everyone ready and excited to have a second (knowed) rapist on the supreme court of the US?

  1. #76
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    There's not enough here to convict, that's for sure, but reasonable doubt is not the bar that needs to be cleared in this case. If he loses this argument, he just goes back to his regular job as an important judge. His life will not be ruined if he does not make Supreme Court Justice.

    I'm the same age as Ford and Kavanaugh (one year older than her, one year younger than him). I couldn't tell you the date or address of any party that I went to in high school. Hell, I couldn't tell you the street address of any of my best friends in high school. The fact that someone doesn't remember the party is of of little consequence. If there were 100 people at the party, it doesn't really matter; my understanding is that only three people were in the room. Things happen at parties all the time that are completely unknown to other attendees.
    I didn't say reasonable doubt. I said preponderance of the evidence. That standard is "more likely than not." It's the 51% standard.

    I can tell you the year, month, location, and name of many present of the party I went to as a sophmore where a friend got into a fight. Doesn't nean anything what you or I recall about whatever party is condusive to our arguments. What matters here is any statements of verifiable facts. So far, we all we have are those named as present denying any recollection of the events, including there being any such party at all. So, all of the actual facts presented are denied by multiple witnesses, leaving only the allegation. Doesn't meet preponderance. She should still get her day in hearings to tell and be heard, and any new information should be investigated.

    The new Avenetti allegations are interesting. At this point, they're as vague as the Ford allegations but absent any specifics of the event, even. She says there are contemporary witnesses, though, so I'll be very interested in hearing thier statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

 

  • #77
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,140

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I didn't say reasonable doubt. I said preponderance of the evidence. That standard is "more likely than not." It's the 51% standard.

    I can tell you the year, month, location, and name of many present of the party I went to as a sophmore where a friend got into a fight. Doesn't nean anything what you or I recall about whatever party is condusive to our arguments. What matters here is any statements of verifiable facts. So far, we all we have are those named as present denying any recollection of the events, including there being any such party at all. So, all of the actual facts presented are denied by multiple witnesses, leaving only the allegation. Doesn't meet preponderance. She should still get her day in hearings to tell and be heard, and any new information should be investigated.

    The new Avenetti allegations are interesting. At this point, they're as vague as the Ford allegations but absent any specifics of the event, even. She says there are contemporary witnesses, though, so I'll be very interested in hearing thier statements.
    Contemporary witnesses? What, she expects us to believe her current BFFs were at this alleged happening 30+ years ago?

    Should these allegations prove baseless, she and all her confederates need to go to jail.

  • #78
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    Contemporary witnesses? What, she expects us to believe her current BFFs were at this alleged happening 30+ years ago?

    Should these allegations prove baseless, she and all her confederates need to go to jail.
    I disagree. I think she honestly remembers something. I also think her memory may be spot in error. The story developing across the multiple documents is of a repressed memory recovered during therapy, and those are very prone to fantasy, but no less real to the rememberer. I feel bad for Blaisy-Ford, but that doesn't convince me to convict Kavanaugh (if only in the court of public opinion) on the basis of her say-so alone. Need any evidence not denied by all named witnesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #79
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Aaand here's an allegation from 1998 now being investigated:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...anaugh-n913581
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #80
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Aaand here's an allegation from 1998 now being investigated:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...anaugh-n913581
    Anonymous allegation, unnamed witnesses, no verifiable details. Honestly, am I asking too much that allegations at this level contain things that can actually be investigated?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #81
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Ahhh, it huhts da poor MAGAt's feewings, such a poor wittle special snowflake....

    Don't worry little MAGAt, this is just another case of he said, she said, she said, she said, AND she said....

    So far.

    Wasn't Al Franken run out of the Senate for much less than this just last year?
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #82
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #83
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,409

    Ignore User
    There's never just one.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #84
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Ah, fucking finally. Investigatable facts. It can actually be determined if Kavanaugh and Judge were in Rhode Island in August of 1985 on the harbor. This allegation is light-years better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #85
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,584

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Wasn't Al Franken run out of the Senate for much less than this just last year?
    And you agree with how that shit show went down? You are a fucking slime.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #86
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    And you agree with how that shit show went down? You are a fucking slime.
    Damned straight Franken needed to resign over that behavior. I expect better from our elected officials. I am thoroughly opposed to President Pussy Grabber getting Justice Gang Raper confirmed, too.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #87
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,409

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    And you agree with how that shit show went down? You are a fucking slime.
    Not at all. That sort of behavior shouldn't be condoned by anyone, especially our elected officials whom do act as role-models. they are supposed to be respectful gentlemen. If they aren't, out they go. There needs to be a hard line on that sort of thing. No, you can't treat a woman like meat.
    Last edited by kirinke; September 27th, 2018 at 01:53 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #88
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Not at all. That sort of behavior shouldn't be condoned, especially if done by our elected officials. Their needs to be a hard line on that sort of thing. No, you can't treat a woman like meat.
    Yep, everything that happened with Franken went precisely how it should have gone.

    And oddly enough, Mitch McConnell agreed with that assessment at that time, even if he is being a hypocrite with the Kavanaugh allegations:

    Last edited by Xyxox; September 27th, 2018 at 01:57 AM.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #89
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,409

    Ignore User
    At least with the Democrats, when our fucktards act badly, we flush them down the toilet. When Republican fucktards act badly, they get life-time jobs.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #90
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,683

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Franken needed to resign over that behavior.
    What "behavior"?

  • Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •