Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Is everyone ready and excited to have a second (knowed) rapist on the supreme court of the US?

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    There are reports that Avenatti's mystery person is actually a 4chan troll...
    They're your people so you'd know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Brett boy also claims he was a virgin during that time. Do you believe him? Lol.
    So, you think that Kavanaugh, while undergoing all of this, chose to make an easily falsifiable lie publicly and without being forced to?

Kavanaugh's claim to virginity is far more falsifiable than the current claims against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Avenetti made his rwitter private?!
    That's what several sites are reporting.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    That's what several sites are reporting.
    Yeah, I looked it up after I posted. That's like Trump suddenly locking his twitter while denying he said something dumb. That's hilarious!
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    None of which are remotely contemporary or offer any corroboration of the facts.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "The outrages and allegations flash through my brain like a nasty, ludicrous slide show of twisted male power. Harvey Weinstein and his potted plant. Charlie Rose and his flapping bathrobe. Roy Moore and the cowboy-booted mall trolling he denies. Louis CK and his humid phone. Matt Lauer and his Bond-villain door bolting. Al Franken and his giddy grabs.
    I’d like to scrape up some sense of triumph over the fact that many courageous women have raised their voices. But I don’t feel triumphant. I feel humiliated and angry. They hate us. That’s my immediate thought, with each new revelation: They hate us. And then, a more sick-making suspicion: They don’t care about us enough to hate us. We are simply a form of livestock."
    --Gillian Flynn
    The last two sentences describes the majority of CM perfectly.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

It encapsulates Kavanaugh well, too, IMO. He may well not remember the incident, because to him, it was not notable. Or alternatively, blackout drunk.

Also, it is irrelevant if he was a virgin or not. Sexual assault does not require vaginal penetration. To say nothing of the fact that he was apparently stopped in the Ford instance, so its doubly irrelevant.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    It encapsulates Kavanaugh well, too, IMO. He may well not remember the incident, because to him, it was not notable. Or alternatively, blackout drunk.
    At this point it's equally likely that he doesn't remember it, because it never happened. There is no hard evidence that it happened, and as someone who has been falsely accused by a woman when I was in my early 20's, I know that it does happen. I'm not going to hold an unsubstantiated allegation against anyone. She needs to provide an eye witness or some other tangible evidence.

Also, it is irrelevant if he was a virgin or not. Sexual assault does not require vaginal penetration. To say nothing of the fact that he was apparently stopped in the Ford instance, so its doubly irrelevant.
    The first two sentences are true. The last is nothing but assumption. There is no "fact" or "instance" yet. Only an allegation.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    There is no hard evidence that it happened, and as someone who has been falsely accused by a woman when I was in my early 20's, I know that it does happen.
    It didn't happen 'cause she wanted it, right bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Michael Avenatti reveals client as third woman to accuse Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct

Sworn deposition (under penalty of perjury) that she was the victim of a gang rape that included Mark Judge AND Brett Kavenaugh AND that there are witnesses. She has held high level security classifications in government for years. Her character is unimpeachable.

EDITED TO ADD: Kavenaugh's own calendar corroborates the timing of this gang rape.
    Last edited by Xyxox; September 26th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User

Her good friend who was alleged to be at the party cannot corroborate anything. How many people denying any recollection of the events are enough? Are you sure this is the precedent you want to enshrine?

I'm 100% for a low standard of evidence here. Prepoderance should be it. But there's nothing to investigate and no facts in evidence. You cannot establish that an unsupported allegation is sufficient, it's got to have some facts to reach even preponderance. I'm for tge hearing -- Ford needs her day to testify and Kavanaugh needs to answer questions. If tgere are contests of fact after tgat, absolutely they should be investigated. But a sometime, some place, no specifics allegation flatly denied by all alleged (3 different people not tge accused, one who is a friend to the accuser) to be present is not sufficient.

There has to be some minimum level. I believe it's likely Ford was attacked. I also believe it likely that Kavanaugh wasn't that attacker. The psychology of memory strongly cuts against this allegation. A fact would be most welcome.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User

Last edited by Xyxox; September 26th, 2018 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Her good friend who was alleged to be at the party cannot corroborate anything. How many people denying any recollection of the events are enough? Are you sure this is the precedent you want to enshrine?
    There's not enough here to convict, that's for sure, but reasonable doubt is not the bar that needs to be cleared in this case. If he loses this argument, he just goes back to his regular job as an important judge. His life will not be ruined if he does not make Supreme Court Justice.

I'm the same age as Ford and Kavanaugh (one year older than her, one year younger than him). I couldn't tell you the date or address of any party that I went to in high school. Hell, I couldn't tell you the street address of any of my best friends in high school. The fact that someone doesn't remember the party is of of little consequence. If there were 100 people at the party, it doesn't really matter; my understanding is that only three people were in the room. Things happen at parties all the time that are completely unknown to other attendees.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    There's not enough here to convict, that's for sure, but reasonable doubt is not the bar that needs to be cleared in this case. If he loses this argument, he just goes back to his regular job as an important judge. His life will not be ruined if he does not make Supreme Court Justice.

I'm the same age as Ford and Kavanaugh (one year older than her, one year younger than him). I couldn't tell you the date or address of any party that I went to in high school. Hell, I couldn't tell you the street address of any of my best friends in high school. The fact that someone doesn't remember the party is of of little consequence. If there were 100 people at the party, it doesn't really matter; my understanding is that only three people were in the room. Things happen at parties all the time that are completely unknown to other attendees.
    This is a JOB INTERVIEW, not a criminal case.

IF something like this came to light to those making he decision on hiring somebody in the private sector, that candidate would be dropped like the hot potato they are regardless of anything else.

• Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast