Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 381

Thread: Is everyone ready and excited to have a second (knowed) rapist on the supreme court of the US?

  1. #151
    Seems Flake grew half a spine after being shamed.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

 

  • #152
    And Trump has ordered the FBI to investigate that thing people keep saying they can't investigate.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #153
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,160

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    And Trump has ordered the FBI to investigate that thing people keep saying they can't investigate.
    He can do that - but I'm gonna laff and laff when they find nothing - or better still - they find collusion between the accusers and democratic operatives. We already know Blasey-Ford was coached by Rikki Siedman who had a conference call with Dems in July...

  • #154
    Will the FBI talk to all three accusers?
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #155
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    And there is absolutely nothing wrong with not caring in this case...
    And there we have it, folks; a psychopath in living colour.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    He can do that - but I'm gonna laff and laff when they find nothing - or better still - they find collusion between the accusers and democratic operatives. We already know Blasey-Ford was coached by Rikki Siedman who had a conference call with Dems in July...
    Right, because all the people demanding an investigation are the ones who are afraid of what an investigation will find and all the ones who refused an investigation will be vindicated by an investigation; your delusion is seriously next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #156
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    Will the FBI talk to all three accusers?
    They have already contacted the other accusers. My bet is Kavanaugh will refuse a polygraph.

    Edited to add a link: The FBI Is Already Talking To Brett Kavanaugh’s Other Accusers

    Also you have to remember, this opens up the background check again. IF he lied to Congress during ANY of the testimony and the FBI has evidence to demonstrate he lied, that will also go into the report. It is a federal felony to lie to Congress.
    Last edited by Xyxox; September 29th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Fair enough - you're correct on that point. I'm not sure it invalidates my point - I know she said that she was friendly with Judge, not sure what she has said about her prior contact with Kavanaugh.
    The point is, that she may or may not be correct in her memory. It may even be more likely than not. That doesn't matter for what you can do to someone who is accused, though. Without anything other than an allegation, others should't ruin someone's life. There needs to be hard, corroborating evidence before someone should be kept off of the Supreme Court or other high position. Not to mention, if the government allows someone to be kept off of the bench due to an allegation, you'll see allegations made against anyone nominated, no matter which party is doing the nomination. There are enough crazies on both sides to lie about it in order to keep the nominee off the Court. The current Supreme Court will die off and there will be no replacements.

  • #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Holy fucking delusional. Sincere? Are you fucking kidding? All he came off as is an entitled, whiny, little prat.
    Liberals accuse someone of something horrible and...

    1. The accused gets fired up with righteous indignation and fights back against the the charges. He is then accused of being guilty, because people who are loud and protest their innocence are guilty.
    2. The accused stays quiet and let's his actions and demeanor speak for themselves. He is then accused of being guilty, because if he wasn't guilty, he would have been fired up and angry over being falsely accused.

  • #159
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Liberals accuse someone of something horrible and...

    1. The accused gets fired up with righteous indignation and fights back against the the charges. He is then accused of being guilty, because people who are loud and protest their innocence are guilty.
    2. The accused stays quiet and let's his actions and demeanor speak for themselves. He is then accused of being guilty, because if he wasn't guilty, he would have been fired up and angry over being falsely accused.
    Nice little strawman you built there, even if it is nothing but a huge fucking lie.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    They have already contacted the other accusers. My bet is Kavanaugh will refuse a polygraph.

    Edited to add a link: The FBI Is Already Talking To Brett Kavanaugh’s Other Accusers

    Also you have to remember, this opens up the background check again. IF he lied to Congress during ANY of the testimony and the FBI has evidence to demonstrate he lied, that will also go into the report. It is a federal felony to lie to Congress.
    Polygraph tests are highly unreliable.

    http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

  • #161
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Polygraph tests are highly unreliable.

    http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx
    Not according to, <<drum roll>> BRETT KAVANAUGH!

    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...olygraphs.html
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Not according to, <<drum roll>> BRETT KAVANAUGH!

    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...olygraphs.html

    Um. From the article you just linked. Seriously dude, do you even read what you post?

    Kavanaugh said he'd be willing to do whatever the Judiciary Committee wanted, but added that polygraphs can't be used in federal court because "they're not reliable."

  • #163
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Um. From the article you just linked. Seriously dude, do you even read what you post?

    Kavanaugh said he'd be willing to do whatever the Judiciary Committee wanted, but added that polygraphs can't be used in federal court because "they're not reliable."
    Which DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS what he wrote in A COURT OPINION in 2016!

    But the judge wrote in 2016 that polygraph tests were an "important law enforcement tool."


    Kavanaugh wrote the unanimous opinion for the three-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., finding that the Defense Department could withhold reports about whether lie detector tests were effective under the federal public records law.


    "The Government has satisfactorily explained how polygraph examinations serve law enforcement purposes," Kavanaugh wrote.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Which DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS what he wrote in A COURT OPINION in 2016!
    That blurb you posted isn't necessarily a contradiction. It law enforcement uses it to help guide them on who to investigate further, it can be an "important law enforcement tool", even if too unreliable to use as evidence in court. I didn't read that opinion, so I don't know in what context he said that quote.

  • #165
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,092

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Which DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS what he wrote in A COURT OPINION in 2016!
    Wait, is that the money quote? I haven't much bothered with this because law enforcement and judges often talk out of both sides of their mouths with regard to law enforcement tools, but, honestly, if that's the damning quote you're (and everyone else touting this) an idiot. And you're a lawyer, so you should know better. Once upon a time you used to shill better than this.

    A polygraph can both be unreliable and still serve law enforcement purposes. The very fact that most people think they are effective is what makes them useful for law enforcement -- people taking a polygraph think they can't escape by lying, and good interrogation techniques alongside this often produce confessions even if the actual results of the polygraph are useless. And, not disclosing this also serves a useful law enforcement purpose, so Kavanaugh can be right both times. It's the usual 'let law enforcement lie to suspect' crap, but it's not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •