Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 381

Thread: Is everyone ready and excited to have a second (knowed) rapist on the supreme court of the US?

  1. #136
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    The guy is clean...
    Holy fuck, you actually believe this, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

 

  • #137
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    https://apnews.com/e4a48c01f3bf4094b9faea33cd049729

    A supreme court justice who doesn't even know the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #138
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    TRUE PATRIOTIC AMERICANS will recognize the TRUTH in this:

    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ett-kavanaugh/

    Nazis won't.

    There are zero other possibilities.
    Damn, son, but Republicans denying you guys sound bites for the campaign really fucked with the plan, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #139
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,167

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    You are a NAzi Misogynist FUCK. No other possibility.
    No, just a guy with a firm grasp of what this circus sideshow is really about.

  • #140
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,643

    Ignore User
    Even the US Bar Association wants an FBI investigation.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/polit...ion/index.html
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Incidentally, it's not going well for Kavanaugh.
    I found both of them to be very credible. She was very sincere. He was also very sincere and basically shredded the Democrats that came after him. I don't doubt that something happened to her, but despite her claims of memory being set and her confidence, memory is malleable and unreliable this long after the fact.

    Here's an interesting study. 70% of eye witness accounts of high confidence were incorrect in identifying victims of crimes in a study of 300 men exonerated by DNA evidence. That includes women who in high confidence identified the wrong man as the one who raped them. It's so bad that the study says that you should give weight to eye witnesses right after the incident, but give no weight to eye witnesses at the trial, and trials usually happen within a few years of the crime, not 35 years later.

    http://wixtedlab.ucsd.edu/publicatio...t_in_press.pdf

  • #142
    Kavanaugh did do a decent job himself. It was a catch-22 for him; if he's innocent, righteous anger is appropriate, but if he's guilty, it's pretty horrible. Given the stories about the drinking at his school, it's entirely possible he was so drunk he doesn't remember the incident.

    I totally agree with your point about eyewitness testimony - but I don't think it applies here. Dr. Ford was a classmate of Kavanaugh's, and so was much more familiar with him than the typical shaky eyewitness scenario. I might mistake someone I saw on the street once or twice, but it's much less likely if its someone i saw at school or around town all the time. I got recognized last year by a woman I worked with in college 30 years ago - and I'm a good 60 pounds heavier than I was then, not to mention my hair is about a foot shorter (don't worry, she didn't press charges).
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #143
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Kavanaugh did do a decent job himself. It was a catch-22 for him; if he's innocent, righteous anger is appropriate, but if he's guilty, it's pretty horrible. Given the stories about the drinking at his school, it's entirely possible he was so drunk he doesn't remember the incident.

    I totally agree with your point about eyewitness testimony - but I don't think it applies here. Dr. Ford was a classmate of Kavanaugh's, and so was much more familiar with him than the typical shaky eyewitness scenario. I might mistake someone I saw on the street once or twice, but it's much less likely if its someone i saw at school or around town all the time. I got recognized last year by a woman I worked with in college 30 years ago - and I'm a good 60 pounds heavier than I was then, not to mention my hair is about a foot shorter (don't worry, she didn't press charges).
    She was not a classmate. She went to a different school altogether. Her lifelong friend and actual classmate Ford says was at the party in question denied ever knowing Kavanaugh. This is difficult enough without misrepresenting the very few uncontested facts in the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #144
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Even the US Bar Association wants an FBI investigation.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/polit...ion/index.html
    What do people think the FBI will do? They will conduct interviews and turn those statements over to the committee -- the same statements already provided to the committee. I really wonder what magic wand you guys think the FBI is? This cannot be a criminal investigation -- no warrants, no compelled testimony. It will be a voluntary interview with an agent, who will document the statements and provide no, as in no, assessment. That's what a background investigation is.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    She was not a classmate. She went to a different school altogether.
    Fair enough - you're correct on that point. I'm not sure it invalidates my point - I know she said that she was friendly with Judge, not sure what she has said about her prior contact with Kavanaugh.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #146
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #147
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Thursday July 1, 1982 at Timmy's house.

    Remember those words when the FBI investigation has been completed and reported back...
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #148
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    He was also very sincere and basically shredded the Democrats that came after him.
    Holy fucking delusional. Sincere? Are you fucking kidding? All he came off as is an entitled, whiny, little prat.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Here's an interesting study. 70% of eye witness accounts of high confidence were incorrect in identifying victims of crimes in a study of 300 men exonerated by DNA evidence.
    You don't understand how science works. Here's a hint: one study does not conclusively prove one thing or another, it's merely an argument put forth as part of a larger discussion. Moreover, they are generally answering a specific question in a field where a different question could reveal a different answer and so, as in everything, direct correlation to the context is necessary to ascertain any meaningful result.

    What is most pertinent isn't one study, but consensus in a field. This is why so many fuckwits fail at logic and reasoning by putting forth one paper or study to deny anthropogenic climate change, not understanding that it's merely one argument of tens of thousands in a field, and it's the consensus of experts in a field that matter.

    In other words, you're a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #149
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,167

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    And there is absolutely nothing wrong with not caring in this case - she had over 30 years to call the cops or an attorney and did nothing until now. I'm sure she wouldn't have raised it had a dem operative not groomed her over the summer.

  • #150
    3catnazi is at least honest. Republicans do not care about rape.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •