Thread: Origins 2018

Origins 2018

Origins 2018. Who's going?

I'll be there hanging out with the hipster indies in the Games on Demand(*) room. Running a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Fate Accelerated game, and a Legacy: Life Among the Ruins game (Apocalypse World derived, but like, more mellow and stuff).

(*) not actually 'on demand' and hasn't been for years, but we seem to be stuck with the name

As a bonus if you run into me you'll get to see me at my fattest ever (220 lbs., ugh) and make fun of me.
    Still excited about 4th Edition!
    -----
    * 'You'd need to start with a party of 20 or 30, so that each of the grisly traps could fail to be avoided.' -- Calamari Face, discussing a D&D movie set in the Tomb of Horrors

I'll be there as always. I'm not running anything for the con but I'll have some board games and hopefully my Blades in the Dark Thieves World game to run as a pick up games.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Underpants Gnome View Post
    I'll be there as always. I'm not running anything for the con but I'll have some board games and hopefully my Blades in the Dark Thieves World game to run as a pick up games.
    How do you do Blades as a one shot? The reward cycle is so baked into repeat play.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Pretty much the same way you do any game as a one shot. Sure not all the rules can be taken full advantage of but it's not a big deal.

Well anyway, I'm 6 feet, 220 (ugh), brown hair spiked with gel, glasses... yeah that probably describes about half the con doesn't it?

Just loudly proclaim it's been 9 years since you've had a Flurry and I'll know it's a fellow CM-er.
    -----
    * 'You'd need to start with a party of 20 or 30, so that each of the grisly traps could fail to be avoided.' -- Calamari Face, discussing a D&D movie set in the Tomb of Horrors

What is this? I don't even...

A Cozy Den
    A Cozy Den is an intimate game of domestic winter. Players roleplay as Lesbisnakes who all have different needs in their Den and various ways of approaching these needs, from cuddling, to napping, to wrestling. Lesbisnakes are half snake, half human, and all lesbian. Various threats are waiting outside of the Den throughout winter putting stress on the Lesbisnakes feelings. Can the Lesbisnakes maintain a community of coziness during the overwinter time?
    Ever time I feel cool and with it in the indie game room, something like the above comes along and I have to just shake my head.

Should I try to get into that game?
    -----

Yes! When and what time is this game? It sounds like a great story to tell other gamers at the bar, but not a great experience in itself.

It's on the menu for one of the Indie Games GMs and I don't know her exact schedule. Just that she will be offering up that game.
    -----