Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Korea at Peace?

  1. #1

 

  • #2
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    America had very little to do with it. This has been an ongoing process for decades. And it's most definitely not even close to being set in stone.

    But hey, let's America-wash it anyway! Let the true crazy begin: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...b04aa23f22b37f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #3
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,083

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    America had very little to do with it. This has been an ongoing process for decades. And it's most definitely not even close to being set in stone.

    But hey, let's America-wash it anyway! Let the true crazy begin: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...b04aa23f22b37f
    Merkel, hardly a Trump enthusiast, disagrees with you: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-north-korea

    South Korea disagrees with you.

    Surely, though, this is familiar territory for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #4
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,159

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Merkel, hardly a Trump enthusiast, disagrees with you: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-north-korea

    South Korea disagrees with you.

    Surely, though, this is familiar territory for you.
    Does this surprise anyone? It isn't a stretch to imagine that a guy who is outwitted by a supermarket checkout would also have trouble with history and with reading comprehension...

  • #5
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    Does this surprise anyone? It isn't a stretch to imagine that a guy who is outwitted by a supermarket checkout would also have trouble with history and with reading comprehension...
    What doesn't surprise me is that you're a Nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #6
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,083

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    What doesn't surprise me is that you're a Nazi.
    Back on topic, South Korea is publicly campaigning to have the Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Trump for his efforts with North Korea. I think that's premature, but it is another nail in the "wrong, again" box for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #7
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,394

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Back on topic, South Korea is publicly campaigning to have the Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Trump for his efforts with North Korea. I think that's premature, but it is another nail in the "wrong, again" box for you.
    I have found the best way to interpret Kzach since the Trump election is to just assume he means the opposite of what he says, and in the opposite tone of what he's said. So, he's right again, in that light.

    Also, HI Kzach! I see you clicking "Show Post" on this post you know
    I like hats.

  • #8
    If you want Trump to do something for you, you give him a tongue bath. It's well known, so it's unsurprising that South Korea is doing that, and it doesn't mean a whole lot.

    Now, if Trump actually does get North Korea to give up its nukes? That will be a fairly significant thing, and one of the few positives of his administration (really, I'm struggling to think of anything else positive he's done - and this one is a long way from done).
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #9
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,394

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    If you want Trump to do something for you, you give him a tongue bath. It's well known, so it's unsurprising that South Korea is doing that, and it doesn't mean a whole lot.

    Now, if Trump actually does get North Korea to give up its nukes? That will be a fairly significant thing, and one of the few positives of his administration (really, I'm struggling to think of anything else positive he's done - and this one is a long way from done).
    He cut taxes on small businesses specifically, he allowed small businesses to immediately write off the full cost of their heavy equipment and other capital investments, and he cut small business regulations.

    In addition to the tax benefits we've already seen as a small business, and the planning to buy equipment which can help us bring back manufacturing that we've been doing overseas, we're starting to see a decrease in some regulations.

    For example, every year I used to get a truly meaningless but arduous questionnaire from the department of labor. It was something put together during or just after WW2, and the purpose of this questionnaire was to keep track of the manufacturing capacity of businesses who could theoretically make uniforms for troops during a time of war. It asks the company to estimate - using their real numbers - how many outfits could be made, how many machines we have to make them, their operational status, the theoretical maximums if we went to a 24 hour manufacturing cycle with three shifts, our inventory of fabrics, current employees, ability to employ additional employees, empty work stations which could be filled, and a whole host of shit. EVERY FUCKING YEAR. It's a big distraction, and I know that data is being tossed into a garbage can on the other end because the Feds are doing nothing with that data anymore (though they threaten us with a fine if we don't submit it because some useless bureaucrat needs to check off a box on some form they are filling out that we complied).

    All they ever really needed to know from us, if that sort of data could be some day important, is "Are you still in business" and "Do you still manufacture clothing" and that's it. Then, if some day they needed more information because of a war or something, THEN they could ask for that data. But no, instead they put a burden on every clothing manufacturer to pull data on a variety of topics and run estimates and basically waste a day of someone's otherwise busy time on this useless shit.

    Anyway, that form which I've filled out for 15 years now? Looks like it's gone. I didn't get it this year. I suspect it's one of the regs finally cut under Trump's order to cut two regs for every new one. And good fucking riddance. I can think of six more in just this industry they should cut because they no longer serve a good purpose and waste time and resources.

    I mean, there is a reg which holds secret a list of academic hood colors at universities with the American Council of Education in conjunction with just one of our competitors for reasons which the ACE themselves do not even recall or understand anymore (they inherited it from the Department of Science who ditched that duty on them so long ago that nobody works there who remembers anymore). It's literally "We've been told to do it this way so this is how we do it and we don't really know why or have any plausible explanation anymore. But there is a regulation from long ago that says we have to do it this way so that's what we do."
    Last edited by Mistwell; April 30th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    I like hats.

  • #10
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,693

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Merkel, hardly a Trump enthusiast, disagrees with you: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-north-korea

    South Korea disagrees with you.
    If you think this is anything more than flattering-the-idiot in order to distract 45 and get what they want, you're probably only allowed to write with crayons.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #11
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,394

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    If you think this is anything more than flattering-the-idiot in order to distract 45 and get what they want, you're probably only allowed to write with crayons.
    Admit it...there are no scenarios where you'd have credited Trump regarding anything positive that happened with the Koreas. It was either blame him, or spin any positive news as a negative...those were the only two options you contemplated
    I like hats.

  • #12
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,083

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    If you think this is anything more than flattering-the-idiot in order to distract 45 and get what they want, you're probably only allowed to write with crayons.
    Those canny world leaders, corraling Trump by flattering him and making him think bluster and threats of war work from a nuclear... armed... Trump.... Wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #13
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,839

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote, Super Genius View Post
    If you think this is anything more than flattering-the-idiot in order to distract 45 and get what they want, you're probably only allowed to write with crayons.
    Those canny world leaders, corraling Trump by flattering him and making him think bluster and threats of war work from a nuclear... armed... Trump.... Wait.
    It's Scrappy-Do, what do you expect? Intelligent reasoning?
    I wouldn't even smirk at you.

  • #14
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    It's Scrappy-Do, what do you expect? Intelligent reasoning?
    Says the idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #15
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Anyone thinking that Trump deserves credit is a fucking moron.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43895428
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •