Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is it fascism yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Seriously, an exercise for Trump supporters/apologists/Republicans: Can you name an instance where Trump has praised the governmental functions of a democracy? Best I can come up with off the top of my head is when he decided he wanted a military parade like the ones in France.
    While I am only marginally one of the three you mention, I'm going to go with... Who is Japan?
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    While I am only marginally one of the three you mention, I'm going to go with... Who is Japan?
    Has he praised anything about Japan itself, or just Abe? Trump seems to me to reduce international diplomacy to solely interpersonal relationships between him and the leader - so I've seen praise of Macron, or of Abe, but not so much of the things that their country does. I'm asking legitimately, not rhetorically; there may be some good examples I'm not thinking of.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Has he praised anything about Japan itself, or just Abe? Trump seems to me to reduce international diplomacy to solely interpersonal relationships between him and the leader - so I've seen praise of Macron, or of Abe, but not so much of the things that their country does. I'm asking legitimately, not rhetorically; there may be some good examples I'm not thinking of.
    I feel the earth, move, under my feet...I feel the goal post shifting...goal posts shifting....

On a more serious note, I'll link to this article where at least he praises the alliance:
    He also promised that both countries will "invest heavily" to build up their defensive capabilities, which Trump says will ultimately "be impenetrable."
    Don't know if that will fulfill your requirements, but it was a really quick google search...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456