Thread: Census 2020

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Short answer, yes...
    Interesting.

There were three different judicial opinions on that case - Ginsburg's would be the most supportive of a "yes" answer, but Alito and Thomas left the door open to a state choosing to use registered voters only. This could leave us with a situation where one census uses those counts and the next does not - providing real impacts on seat allocation.

Incidentally, your EDIT is slightly off. The 14th replaces the original line with "Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed." I think you could make an argument that non-citizens not submitting to taxation could legally be excluded from the counts. That could give us situations where:

* Legal immigrants would be counted.
    * Illegal immigrants would be counted if they use a fake Social, since they are paying taxes.
    * Illegal immigrants would not be counted if they were paid solely under the table.

I don't think that counting that particular breakdown is feasible.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    ...unless you want to argue legal immigrants don't deserve the same rights as slaves, I think they should be counted.
    I'm fine with illegals not having the same rights as slaves and for sanctuary cities/states not getting enough fed money to support their infrastructure.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

I'm sure you'll be as fine with it when the bridge you're driving over collapses because the government isn't keeping accurate track of their infrastructure needs.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm sure you'll be as fine with it when the bridge you're driving over collapses because the government isn't keeping accurate track of their infrastructure needs.
    Florida isn't a sanctuary state. I'll be fine.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Florida isn't a sanctuary state. I'll be fine.
    You say that, but over 4% (last I saw, closing on 5%) of Florida's population is undocumented. That's only a percentage point or two back from California or Texas.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    You say that, but over 4% (last I saw, closing on 5%) of Florida's population is undocumented. That's only a percentage point or two back from California or Texas.
    And it's been either that way or worse for most of Florida's history. If collapsing bridges haven't been a problem for this illegal migrant worker state previously, I'm not suddenly going to become worried about it now.

I strongly object to tax money going to reward sanctuary states. Fuck them. They want the illegals, they can deal with their own fallout.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    And it's been either that way or worse for most of Florida's history. If collapsing bridges haven't been a problem for this illegal migrant worker state previously, I'm not suddenly going to become worried about it now.

I strongly object to tax money going to reward sanctuary states. Fuck them. They want the illegals, they can deal with their own fallout.
    There's also the "no income tax" wrinkle for Florida. Since you get taxes in other ways, its better at capturing undocumented income.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You know what else the USSR didn't have when their totalitarian regime was brought down? A populations with lots and lots of guns.
    Not sure how that helps your point. That it can be done without guns sometimes does not prove your point that a nation with lots of bombs cannot be brought down by it's citizens armed with small arms. It can. Any type of regime can be brought down by it's citizens, even if they have superior firepower. But, I'd say it's easier to do it if you have some firearms of your own.
    I like hats.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Not sure how that helps your point. That it can be done without guns sometimes does not prove your point that a nation with lots of bombs cannot be brought down by it's citizens armed with small arms. It can. Any type of regime can be brought down by it's citizens, even if they have superior firepower. But, I'd say it's easier to do it if you have some firearms of your own.
    Debatable, but even if the point is conceded does the increased ease of rebellion justify murdering 10,000 people a year indefinitely? If you're a Regressive it does, cause life is cheap to worthless to the Regressives unless it's unborn.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    Debatable, but even if the point is conceded does the increased ease of rebellion justify murdering 10,000 people a year indefinitely? If you're a Regressive it does, cause life is cheap to worthless to the Regressives unless it's unborn.
    I feel very, VERY confident in saying 10,000 people are not killed each year by AR-15s (it's less than 2% of all gun deaths that use an assault style weapons, which means it's probably less than half a percent for AR-15s). Which is what spawned this sub-thread. So you must mean "all guns".

Thinking you can confiscate and ban all guns, of which there are more in the U.S. than there are humans, is kinda nuts. It doesn't make one a Republican to say, "don't ban and confiscate all guns". That happens to also be the official position of the Democratic party as well. That is, except for the head of communications for the DNC, who re-tweeted a retired Supreme Court Justice's tweet calling for the end to the 2nd amendment.

The claim that one purpose of the 2nd amendment is to be a line of defense against tyranny is not the same as saying without that argument then all guns would just magically go away. You still have the reality of an impossible task in front of you.
    Last edited by Mistwell; April 3rd, 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    I like hats.

THANG NHÔM CHỮ A 1,5MGiá bán : 675,000
    Thang chữ A phổ thông A15 cao 1.5m l sản phẩm hữu dụng cho việc thao tác trong nh v cả ngoi trời như lấy các vt dụng trên cao, sơn tường, vệ sinh knh, sa chữa bóng đèn…

CÔNG DỤNG
    • Thang thch hợp dùng trong gia đình hay văn phòng.
    • Sản phẩm không tốn diện tch nh, dễ dng đặt trong xe ô tô hoặc vn chuyển bằng xe máy.

ĐẶC ĐIỂM NỔI BẬT
    • Thiết kế linh hoạt, tiện lợi
    – Mỗi bc thang với độ rộng vừa phải giúp cho người s dụng dễ dng tương tác với thang.– Thang có thể gấp lại sau khi s dụng, dễ dng vn chuyển hoặc cất giữ m không chiếm nhiều diện tch.
    • An ton, chắc chắn
    – Sản phẩm thang nhom được chế tạo trên dây chuyền hiện đại, chất liệu cao cấp, đảm bảo tiêu chuẩn về độ an ton lẫn hiệu quả s dụng.– Được lm từ hợp kim nhôm chắc chắn, chiếc thang nhôm chữ A sẽ luôn mang đến cho bạn cảm giác an ton v thoải mái nhất khi s dụng.
    THÔNG TIN KỸ THUẬT
    • Thương hiệu:Hãng Khác
    • Mã sản phẩm: A15
    • Công nghệ Đức
    • Sản xuất tại Việt Nam
    • Chiều cao chữ A 1.5 m
    • Trọng lượng 5.5 Kg
    • Tải trọng 120Kg
    • Chất liệu Hợp kim nhôm
    • Bảo hnh 6 tháng

HƯỚNG DẪN SỬ DỤNG THANG NHÔM CHỮ A AN TOÀN

Quy tắc an ton chung của các loại thang cũng được áp dụng cho Thang chữ A phổ thông A15 1.5m. Cụ thể như sau:
    • Thang phải được s dụng ở trên mặt phẳng v chắc chắn.
    • Không nên s dụng thang khi bạn đang đeo găng tay có dầu mỡ, trơn trượt / hoặc giy dép không đủ an ton
    • Bc thang, bề mặt sn, điểm tựa thang…không nên để dnh dầu mỡ vo.
    • Tuyệt đối không để nhiều người lm việc trên một chiếc thang nếu thang chỉ thiết kế dnh cho một người.
    • Không bao giờ được nhảy hoặc trượt xuống từ một cái thang.
    • Các ống thang phải được giữ sạch. Các vết bẩn, keo trét, vệt sơn… cần phải được chùi sạch sau khi s dụng. Các bc thang cũng phải được chùi sạch.
    • Không s dụng thang quá tải trọng cho phép.

Hệ thống đại lý thang nhôm tại H Nội

Số 58A Kim Mã, Phường Kim Mã, Q.Ba Đình, H Nội

Kiot 1 Nh Nơ 23 khu đô thị Pháp Vân – Tứ Hiệp – Q. Hong Mai – HN

Số 19, Đường Trung Yên 11C, KĐT Trung Yên, Cầu Giấy, H Nội

Hệ thống đại lý thang nhôm tại Đ Nẵng

46 Đường Trần Tống, Phường Thạc Gián Q.Thanh Khê, TP Đ nẵng

Hệ thống đại lý thang nhôm tại Si Gòn

430 Đường Cộng Hòa, P13, Q.Tân Bình, TP.HCM

138/11 Đường 20 Dương Quảng Hm, Phường 5, Qun Gò Vấp, TP.HCM

Số 84, đường số 3, khu cư xá Chu Văn An, P.26, Q.Bình Thạnh, TP.HCM

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I feel very, VERY confident in saying [snip].
    I fucking hate you so much right now.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    I fucking hate you so much right now.
    Welcome to my always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Welcome to my always.
    Shhh, you're supposed to be claiming I am on your ignore list and that you never click show post.
    I like hats.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12