Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War 2.0

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Says the person who links Buzzfeed.

Unlikely. But it would be interesting to see try to do your own research and thinking for once. Regardless, I thought we were condemning people based on their associations and thus making allowance for the eventual violence to be done them?

Or is it still only okay when you do it?
    You linked to Briebart dearie. It's like linking to the National Inquirer and citing a Bigfoot story as proof of whatever position you're pushing. Try harder next time.

The other two guys were weak-sauce examples anyway. One guy did his time and reformed and Obama did denounce the preacher's speeches. Your third example was from Briebart Which is... Briebart.
    Last edited by kirinke; July 9th, 2018 at 02:58 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    Linking to Buzzfeed and Breitbart are not OK, I see. Is linking to InfoWars still OK?
    It depends on context. If you want people to laugh at it or shake their head at the stupidity of whoever wrote the particular article you're linking to, it's fine. If you honestly think it's a legit cite, expect insulting/silly memes posted in your direction at your expense.

Well, at least on my part anyway. I can't speak for others. I did find another article to replace the buzzfeed one. Hey, even I roll a one on my google-fu check sometimes.
    Last edited by kirinke; July 9th, 2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Still waiting for you to 'break the servers'.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Painting one side as more evil than the other for doing it when the other side does it too is rather hypocritical.
    I do not think it is about painting one side worse than the other. When 90% of the news is anti-trump and reports primarily on bad things the right does and does little to no reporting on the left, or completely justifies it (like you seem to be doing), then you have pushback from people who see this inconsistency.

There is no real reason to keep on attacking the alt-right or Trumpies, the media and Kzach and co. deep-throat everyone on a daily basis. What is needed is more coverage and condemnation of leftist aggression.

Also this continuous comparison of Trumpies to nazism is not helpful to the dialogue.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    There is a significant portion of trump supporters who are white nationalists and white supremists. The other half are just scared or morons and easily led. Which is why I separated those out.

Also, the reason why Trump is in the news so much is because the fucking idiot wants the attention. He's always doing something evil, stupid or completely what the fuck and is the president of the united states. The media can't help but report on him because of that alone. Since the right supports the moron, they get reported more on it as well.

As soon as a left-leaning president is elected, they'll do the same thing with that idiot.

It's essentially the equivalent of "I want the spot light on me!" then saying "It's too bright, it's hurting my eyes! WAH!"
    Last edited by kirinke; July 9th, 2018 at 12:24 PM.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Still waiting for you to 'break the servers'.
    Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Michael Flynn, La Cosa Nostra, Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno for starters and ooo, I found them on the freaking Federalist, a far right leaning site. http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/28/...mp-to-the-mob/ and here's another article on the atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...andals/474726/

List of Trump's Russia connections: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.1c9b2b601e92

I know, not quite server breaking, but meh, what can one do with a casual fifteen minute looksee.
    Last edited by kirinke; July 9th, 2018 at 12:41 PM.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    There is a significant portion of trump supporters who are white nationalists and white supremists. The other half are just scared or morons and easily led. Which is why I separated those out.
    So...Half of Trump supporters are white nationalists and white supremacists? Just so we're clear...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    So...Half of Trump supporters are white nationalists and white supremacists? Just so we're clear...
    Roughly.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Roughly.
    If Trump wins another election (and let us all hope he does not), it will be because of this. Congrats.
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    If Trump wins another election (and let us all hope he does not), it will be because of this. Congrats.
    Hey, liberal here. There is no fucking way I'd ever vote for Trump and yes, I know it's a bit more complicated than that.

Hey, liberal here. There is no fucking way I'd ever vote for Trump and yes, I know it's a bit more complicated than that.
    What does liberal have to do with it? The liberals won him the last election by engaging in that sort of behavior, not because they voted for him.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well, returning to the topic - are we on the verge of a terrorism Civil War?

Yes.

Why do I think this?

Simple - both sides long ago stopped talking to each other. The clearest sign of this is how casually the word "evil" gets bandied about (and, to be honest, I'm guilty of it). The problem with that term is once you label your foes with it you cannot compromise with them and save face. You must eliminate them: Vote em out, bribe em out, shoot em out.

Voting won't work - the systems been rigged by Gerrymandering out the wazoo.
    Bribing is working for the right - but while the left has a tiny handful of altruistic billionaires they're efforts are spittle next to the Koch Brothers.
    That leaves violence. When you make sure that's your opponent's only option, it will be taken.

The lower classes are already acting out - casting votes looking to cause maximum possible damage. That is why Trump was elected - he flew the finger at the establishment during the election and that struck the right chord for people wanting to see the world burn. And as long as he creates havoc he'll have the mob's favor, right up until his policies make their lot worse - which tariffs and cancelling Obamacare will do. At that point expect to find him dead in a ditch.

Violence isn't the answer - the answer is abolishing Gerrymandering, modernizing polling to IRV to prevent no-choice two piles of shit elections from ever happening again, and finding ways to engage voters rather than drive them from the polls as the GOP is wont to do.

I don't think the leaders of either party have the brains or the will to make those reforms though. So the pitchforks are coming - it's only a matter of time.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    Well, returning to the topic - are we on the verge of a terrorism Civil War?
    "on the verge". Spoony, man, it's already on. The alt-right have just decided they're done with all the winning the cntrl-left have gotten up to and all the rioting by the black-masked lefty terrorists and are swinging back.

Just wait until the Westboro Baptists start ruining Democrat's restaurant outings, since they've been shown this is a perfectly legit practice...

Voting won't work - the systems been rigged by Gerrymandering out the wazoo.
    Yes, thank you Democrats...

Bribing is working for the right - but while the left has a tiny handful of altruistic billionaires they're efforts are spittle next to the Koch Brothers.
    Do you really think the left isn't bribing? And 'altruistic billionaire'... I nearly spit my coffee. That's a soft peddle for George Soros.

That leaves violence. When you make sure that's your opponent's only option, it will be taken.
    The left had all but won in this country. They didn't need violence, but violence is the means most used by communists, marxists, and that's the plague in the left.

The lower classes are already acting out - casting votes looking to cause maximum possible damage. That is why Trump was elected - he flew the finger at the establishment during the election and that struck the right chord for people wanting to see the world burn.
    And here, once agian, you're a moron. A vote for Trump was a vote against globalism. You know, “We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business" doesn't sell well the people that are doing those jobs and running those businesses. That is the problem the left had, has, it lost touch and was winning too much. Democrats got complacent and thought they could keep steering the country towards globalism, screw the underclasses, and nothing could stop them.

Trump was a big middle finger to all of that.

And as long as he creates havoc he'll have the mob's favor, right up until his policies make their lot worse - which tariffs and cancelling Obamacare will do. At that point expect to find him dead in a ditch.
    You are completely delusional.

Violence isn't the answer - the answer is abolishing Gerrymandering, modernizing polling to IRV to prevent no-choice two piles of shit elections from ever happening again, and finding ways to engage voters...
    A good start. won't happen, but a good start.

...rather than drive them from the polls as the GOP is wont to do.
    The GOP is driving leftys away from the polls? I think you've been sniffing too much glue.
    Last edited by nail bunny; July 10th, 2018 at 01:51 AM.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I voted in the primaries for the first time in my life due to Trump and I'll continue to vote Dem. So no, the GOP isn't driving the left away from the polls. Now whether or not that'll do much with the gerrymandering going on, remains to be seen.
    Last edited by kirinke; July 10th, 2018 at 01:20 AM.

You linked to Briebart
    Your third example was from Briebart Which is... Briebart.
    I bet I would like Briebart a lot better than Breitbart. Mild, creamy, very soft rind.

Good with...crackers.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

• Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast