Thread: Civil War 2.0

  1. #286
    Happiness is a Warm Gun Exploder Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Province
    Fredericksburg VA
    Oratio
    3,583

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    You're a FUCKING IDIOT if you think kneeling during the national anthem has fuck all to do with veterans or the fucking flag.

    So open disrespect for the United States and those that have died to protect these idiot's right to make such a protest is for what again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post

    No one is protesting the anthem. The anthem doesn't need to be played at sports events, anyway. If anything defames and disrespects the national anthem, it's when it's performed at capitalist fascist territorial wargames.
    Those "capitalist fascist territorial wargames" are what have made these crybaby punks multi-millionares. So in gratitude for the wonderful lavish life this this country has gifted them with, they flip Uncle Sam the bird. I await the massive paycuts in store for these nitwits with a huge bowl of popcorn. Didn't anyone ever teach these fools that shitting all over the people that fund your paycheck isn't a sound decision?
    Don't suck that. Its dead.

 

  • #287
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It was still started because Trump is pissed at the NFL for not letting him be an owner. It has nothing to do with being a patriot.
    Maybe, but who cares about what Trump thinks. He isn't the cause of what the NFL is doing, the fans who have voted with their pocketbooks are.

  • #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploder Wizard View Post
    So open disrespect for the United States and those that have died to protect these idiot's right to make such a protest is for what again?



    Those "capitalist fascist territorial wargames" are what have made these crybaby punks multi-millionares. So in gratitude for the wonderful lavish life this this country has gifted them with, they flip Uncle Sam the bird. I await the massive paycuts in store for these nitwits with a huge bowl of popcorn. Didn't anyone ever teach these fools that shitting all over the people that fund your paycheck isn't a sound decision?
    I disagree. And your attitude towards the players protesting is one that is often considered racist by many of the people who agree with the protesters. For one thing, most players in the NFL AREN'T multi-millionaires. Many are getting the league minimum. For another, many of those who are multi-millionaires aren't just protesting, they're putting their money where their mouths are and helping people.

    And Kirinke is right, shockingly enough. The outcry only really got any legs when Trump started calling the athletes out for disrespecting the flag and veterans. And it was a former NFL player who was also special forces who suggested kneeling instead of sitting.

  • #289
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    I disagree. And your attitude towards the players protesting is one that is often considered racist by many of the people who agree with the protesters. For one thing, most players in the NFL AREN'T multi-millionaires. Many are getting the league minimum. For another, many of those who are multi-millionaires aren't just protesting, they're putting their money where their mouths are and helping people.

    And Kirinke is right, shockingly enough. The outcry only really got any legs when Trump started calling the athletes out for disrespecting the flag and veterans. And it was a former NFL player who was also special forces who suggested kneeling instead of sitting.
    What's racist about it? Serious question. The only thing I can tease out is that it's some non-white players nominally protesting treatment of non-white by police. But the argument EW is promoting is about the time and place of the protest, which doesn't get to those points. The assumption of racism on the 'supports side comes from insisting wveryone's really mad about what they intend to say and can't possibly be upset about the how.

    As I said, the Rule of Goats applies -- if you fuck a goat to make a point, you're still a goatfucker. You can't insist that observers ignore the actions taken to hear only your intended message. If you kneel during the anthem, many aren't going to wait for you to give your reasons for why you thought that was appropriate, and that's not really their problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    What's racist about it? Serious question. The only thing I can tease out is that it's some non-white players nominally protesting treatment of non-white by police. But the argument EW is promoting is about the time and place of the protest, which doesn't get to those points. The assumption of racism on the 'supports side comes from insisting wveryone's really mad about what they intend to say and can't possibly be upset about the how.

    As I said, the Rule of Goats applies -- if you fuck a goat to make a point, you're still a goatfucker. You can't insist that observers ignore the actions taken to hear only your intended message. If you kneel during the anthem, many aren't going to wait for you to give your reasons for why you thought that was appropriate, and that's not really their problem.
    The racist part is simple, "Hey black person, we gave you a good job, you shouldn't be protesting, get back to work."

  • #291
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    The racist part is simple, "Hey black person, we gave you a good job, you shouldn't be protesting, get back to work."
    There's whites kneeling as well. This is racism you bring -- don't attribute it to others. They may well think it; nothing I'm saying says speakers aren't actually racist. But, you can't infer that from EW's statements, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    There's whites kneeling as well. This is racism you bring -- don't attribute it to others. They may well think it; nothing I'm saying says speakers aren't actually racist. But, you can't infer that from EW's statements, at all.
    Repeating something I saw on Facebook and other places, not going to defend it. But the attitude of "Don't protest, just do your jobs" is at the least classist. Then there's the assumption about the amount of money that most of the players make. And the assumption that the only thing they're doing is kneeling. Both assumptions, by the way, are wrong. As an example, Kaepernick, who started it, has given millions to help people in difficult situations. EW's attitude is basically "we brought you up, pay you well, you shouldn't protest". And that's ass. And what they're protesting is something that needs to be looked at. Racism, mostly institutional, is huge in the US.

  • #293
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    Repeating something I saw on Facebook and other places, not going to defend it. But the attitude of "Don't protest, just do your jobs" is at the least classist. Then there's the assumption about the amount of money that most of the players make. And the assumption that the only thing they're doing is kneeling. Both assumptions, by the way, are wrong. As an example, Kaepernick, who started it, has given millions to help people in difficult situations. EW's attitude is basically "we brought you up, pay you well, you shouldn't protest". And that's ass. And what they're protesting is something that needs to be looked at. Racism, mostly institutional, is huge in the US.
    What do people see on TV? Insisting that they now many details that tgey would have to go research seems odd for an entertainment outlet. Even the base salary, btw, is many, many times the median US income, so that argument that they aren't paid huge sums is riduculous. A 1st year draft minimum is $465k. Is tgat $26M a year? No, but it ain't wage slavery.

    And, again, the validity if their intended nessage is moot. What they do when they protest is kneel during the national anthem in contravention of the ritual practice of standing. They're fucking the goat and really cannot complain when people get upset about the goat fucking because they only did it to protest a different issue. This is fucking obvious if you're not wearing blinders.

    I agree there are huge problems with policing today, and structural racism. I also think the forced pageantry at football games is melodramatic at best. But, that said, it's perfectly reasonable for people to be upset that their treasured rituals are being disrespected and not be interested in why. This doesn't require racism or stupidity, it requires people intentionally disrespecting a treasured ritual. Don't fuck goats if ypu don't want to be a goatfucker. Case in point: is the national conversation about police brutality and racism or is it still about kneeling during the anthem?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #294
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,584

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    Repeating something I saw on Facebook and other places, not going to defend it.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #295
    Happiness is a Warm Gun Exploder Wizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Province
    Fredericksburg VA
    Oratio
    3,583

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    The racist part is simple, "Hey black person, we gave you a good job, you shouldn't be protesting, get back to work."
    This has nothing to do with color. This has to do with having respect for the country that provides the kind of opportunities that pro athlete's have. If you truly hate this country then get the fuck out. I support the right of anyone to protest but there are times and places for it. Be an activist for whatever you want on your own time, but don't bring that to work.
    Don't suck that. Its dead.

  • #296
    toxic Xyxox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    8,633

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploder Wizard View Post
    This has nothing to do with color. This has to do with having respect for the country that provides the kind of opportunities that pro athlete's have. If you truly hate this country then get the fuck out. I support the right of anyone to protest but there are times and places for it. Be an activist for whatever you want on your own time, but don't bring that to work.
    This has EVERYTHING to do with race and NOTHING to do with respect for the country, you raging fucktard!
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

  • #297
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,584

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploder Wizard View Post
    Be an activist for whatever you want on your own time, but don't bring that to work.
    I'm fine with people protesting at work, as long as they are fine accepting the repercussions of their actions.


    Like a multimillion dollar endorsement deal for a mediocre sportsball player that was already looking at being dropped from the team before they decided to tie their brand name to a socjus protest movement...
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #298
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    This has EVERYTHING to do with race and NOTHING to do with respect for the country, you raging fucktard!
    Yup, the goatfucking isn't the important part, what needs to be paid attention to is why the goatfuckers say they are fucking the goats.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #299
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    Repeating something I saw on Facebook and other places, not going to defend it. But the attitude of "Don't protest, just do your jobs" is at the least classist. Then there's the assumption about the amount of money that most of the players make. And the assumption that the only thing they're doing is kneeling. Both assumptions, by the way, are wrong. As an example, Kaepernick, who started it, has given millions to help people in difficult situations. EW's attitude is basically "we brought you up, pay you well, you shouldn't protest". And that's ass. And what they're protesting is something that needs to be looked at. Racism, mostly institutional, is huge in the US.
    Yes, they are protesting something that needs to be looked at, but they're doing it by protesting a symbol that represents the entire country. A symbol stands what it stands for. No more, and no less. The flag and anthem represent the whites, the black, asians, mixed races, racists, non-racists, men, women, other, kids, dogs, cats.......everything. You can't separate out part of and say you are only protesting that one part when you protest the flag and anthem. Symbols don't work that way.

    Insulting everyone just to protest a few isn't a very good strategy.

  • #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    and NOTHING to do with respect for the country
    That much is true. They have no respect for the country.

  • Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •