Thread: Civil War 2.0

  1. #181
    Religipster Enkhidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    7,101

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    ... Holy shit, it's like comparing the Sun to Venus and saying that they burn equally as hot...
    I don't think that you take this metaphor long far enough - the Sun is orders of magnitude more hot than Venus to be sure, but the heat on Venus can still kill you.

    I'm more than happy to purge those who advocate for violence-as-speech from positions where they can spew hate - I just don't think it will be effective unless we get them all at nearly the same time.

 

  • #182
    What is it with fascism and wall of texts?
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #183
    check out my boni Brent Nall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Province
    Humble (Houston), TX
    Oratio
    2,745

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    What is it with fascism and wall of texts?
    Gotta keep out the illiterate. Can't MAGA with ignorant folk who can't read.
    you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

  • #184
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,189

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    I'm not sure where you go for news or discussion but I travel in a lot of circles. I have had accounts on places like The Daily Stormer, for instance, and The_Donald, and Kotakuinaction and 4chant, etc. I read at least one story a day from an alt-right source like Breitbart, Daily Caller, Daily Wire (seriously, what's the right's obsession with the word 'daily'?), The Drudge Report, et al. and a few stories from Fox News just to sweeten the pot. I do this because I need to be reminded of how utterly insane these fuckwits actually are, but also to understand their rhetoric and so that I can recognise it when it's parroted by idiots.
    That explains why you're so frothingly crazy.

    nail bunny, MrDumperson, and others constantly spout the very same bullshit that is repeated, ad nauseum, in these pits of filth and stupidity.
    Oh really?

    And man, oh man, do they hate the left.
    Not "the left", just the regressive left, the CNTRL-Left, the crew that want to curtail freedoms in the US like they're doing right now in Britain.

    Socialism is like a poison-word to them that they recoil from and want to throw fire at.
    As a communist I think socialism is a good first step. Problem is... human are shit. The moment individuals get power they get greedy and we'll never actually see true communism. We'll keep getting Venezuela, North Korea, Russia.

    Healthcare for all is EVIL.
    I want Healthcare for all.

    Obama is the living incarnation of Satan.
    I voted for Obama.

    It goes on and on.
    Does it really? Actually I bet in your tired, run-down, hyperventilated mind it does.

    And if you're comparing the right to the left... I mean, I believe in political jiu-jitsu, the art of non-violent protest, and I abhor the fact that Osama Bin Laden was so cheerfully dismembered, despite how vile a creature he was, and there are violent people on the left who would celebrate Trump's death, just as they did with Osamas and Saddam's, some of whom would even advocate for hanging, or attempt an assassination themselves (not that they'd ever have the brains or ability) if they got a chance, but compared to the right?
    You just identified the biggest difference between the left and the right. The left is full of spoiled kids and ivory tower elites, none of whom have the capacity to get the job the done. The right is full of poor working class schlubs who work hard and have the drive to get it done, but they aren't privileged enough to apply that drive properly.

    Holy shit, it's like comparing the Sun to Venus and saying that they burn equally as hot.
    Not really. It's more like Venus and Saturn.

    The right is utterly saturated with the genuinely psychotic, while the left merely has a light smattering on the fringes.


    Both sides are heavily enriched with crazy. That's why I'm unaffiliated. I have nothing to do with either party and vote on the issues, not the party.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    I'm not sure where you go for news or discussion but I travel in a lot of circles. I have had accounts on places like The Daily Stormer, for instance, and The_Donald, and Kotakuinaction and 4chant, etc. I read at least one story a day from an alt-right source like Breitbart, Daily Caller, Daily Wire (seriously, what's the right's obsession with the word 'daily'?), The Drudge Report, et al. and a few stories from Fox News just to sweeten the pot. I do this because I need to be reminded of how utterly insane these fuckwits actually are, but also to understand their rhetoric and so that I can recognise it when it's parroted by idiots.
    Good God! No wonder you're crazy. Don't look at that stuff for a few weeks and see if that helps.

    (seriously, what's the right's obsession with the word 'daily'?)
    Maybe you could ask the Daily Show or the Daily Bugle.

  • #186
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    Yeah, the left has it's fuckwits and batshit nutters just the same as the right. There is one major difference, the amount of damage and mayhem the right does is worse than the left right now.

    I mean, recently, how many people have right wing fuckwads killed vs. leftwing fuckwads?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #187
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,171

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Yeah, the left has it's fuckwits and batshit nutters just the same as the right. There is one major difference, the amount of damage and mayhem the right does is worse than the left right now.

    I mean, recently, how many people have right wing fuckwads killed vs. leftwing fuckwads?
    Worldwide? Maduro has the lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Worldwide? Maduro has the lead.
    Venezuela has more influence and power in the world than the US? No wonder you support Trump. Fucking idiotic human garage.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #189
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,189

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    There is one major difference, the amount of damage and mayhem the right does is worse than the left right now.
    I'd almost rather have the right in charge in the US than the left. At least with the right we'd still have free speech and guns... so we'd have the power to curtail their excesses if they really started going off the rails. With the left it'd spiral into 1984 really fast...


    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Worldwide? Maduro has the lead.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #190
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    I'd almost rather have the right in charge in the US than the left. At least with the right we'd still have free speech and guns... so we'd have the power to curtail their excesses if they really started going off the rails. With the left it'd spiral into 1984 really fast...
    Oh please, as if that's not happening under the right? Every single stinking time Trump holds a damned rally, he spews double speak, gaslights and whips his base up against the media or whomever is currently on his shit list. Trump would dearly love to do away with free speech and freedom of the press.

    For god's sakes, if the courts hadn't have intervened Trump's toadies would still be yanking kids (including babies) out of parents arms at the border if they cross seeking aslyum! We still are trying to re-unite them.

    Guns are never going away. Nobody is going to round them up and take them from you. Unless of course you're a criminal. Don't be stupid.
    Last edited by kirinke; August 4th, 2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #191
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Oh please, as if that's not happening under the right? Every single stinking time Trump holds a damned rally, he spews double speak, gaslights and whips his base up against the media or whomever is currently on his shit list. Trump would dearly love to do away with free speech and freedom of the press.

    For god's sakes, if the courts hadn't have intervened Trump's toadies would still be yanking kids (including babies) out of parents arms at the border if they cross seeking aslyum! We still are trying to re-unite them.

    Guns are never going away. Nobody is going to round them up and take them from you. Unless of course you're a criminal. Don't be stupid.
    This is what happens when the left gets some power. The article says it's about "getting people out of the office," but it comes after their minimum wage increase has caused more restaurants to close than to open over the last year or two, as they were warned would happen. It didn't bother them before this started happening.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-fra...ech-companies/

  • #192
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    What the fuck does that article have to do with minimum wage? All it's talking about is restaurants whining about companies that have free food courts and people not wanting to go out to eat because their food is better. Then the restaurants are trying to pass a law banning in-company food-courts.

    At least read the fucking article before linking to it. Fucking, dumbfuck idjuts who can't even link to articles supporting their dumbfuckery.
    Last edited by kirinke; August 4th, 2018 at 01:46 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #193
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    What the fuck does that article have to do with minimum wage? All it's talking about is restaurants whining about companies that have free food courts and people not wanting to go out to eat because their food is better. Then the restaurants are trying to pass a law banning in-company food-courts.
    The article is the result that comes from the minimum wage. While it does not mention the minimum wage, the minimum wage increase is what has caused the problem that the fascist city is now trying to correct. Since the minimum wage increase, restaurants have been going out of business at a faster rate than they are opening. This proposed banning of free lunches comes after this problem, in an effort to force people out to buy from restaurants.

    For anyone able to look at the bigger picture, it's clear what this article has to do with the minimum wage. I even spelled it out for you!

  • #194
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    It has nothing to do with minimum wage dumbass. It's about restaurants trying to pass laws forbidding in house free food courts. Their argument is they can't compete with free.

    There is no mention of minimum wage or the problems there-in.

    Now if you had posted an article about them cutting hours in order to save money, I might buy it. But this? Not even close.

    Try harder next time and fucking link to articles that actually have something to do with what you're trying to argue.

    You suck at gas-lighting.
    Last edited by kirinke; August 4th, 2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #195
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It has nothing to do with minimum wage dumbass. It's about restaurants trying to pass laws forbidding in house free food courts. Their argument is they can't compete with free.
    Dude. It's in direct response to the minimum wage putting restaurants out of business. Of course they are lobbying for this. They want to stay in business.

  • Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •