Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War 2.0

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    He's trying to hard to shift the narrative.
    What narrative? That the left is full of violent sociopaths? It's been that way forever.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    What narrative? That the left is full of violent sociopaths? It's been that way forever.
    Tangentially, there was a serious 'holy shit' case handed down by a 3 judge panel in the 9th circuit court. They affirmed the district court denial of qualified immunity for the police at that 2016 Trump rally counter-protest turned violent in San Jose, and also dismissed the city's appeal for immunity to suit. Fuck, Appeals courts almost reflexively support qualified immunity, but they actually said that, in this case, even though the right hadn't been clearly determined in court that the violation was in that rare category of 'you should have known better anyway.' That's really, really, uncommonly, rare. If the fact pattern holds up in court (appeals of qualified immunity always take the plaintiff's story as true for the determination (and are still almost always granted to the cops)) San Hose and many of it's police officers are gonna be very expensively fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The right isn't composed of angels and fluff either.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The right isn't composed of angels and fluff either.
    I don't see anyone saying it is.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I don't see anyone saying it is.
    Which is what Mistwell is trying to accomplish. Right good. Left bad.

Personally, I say throw all extremists on a island and let them kill each other while the rest of us go live our lives. If you really want a balanced approach to this sort of thing, here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror..._United_States
    Last edited by kirinke; July 31st, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Which is what Mistwell is trying to accomplish.
    Way to read minds there Carnac.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Your welcome.

That is an impressive list.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Here's another list that's equally 'impressive':
    https://www.splcenter.org/20151101/terror-right

Equally impressive? That list is 25%(129) of the size and goes back 23 years, rather than 2. If you go back the same 2 years, you drop to 11 and it includes one leftist. I doubt that the black guy wanting to kill white guys after a black lives matter rally was a Republican. The guys on your list were generally better armed, though.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    SPLC has been credibly accused of taking money to put people/organizations on that list. They used to be sane, but in the last decade have become absolute batshit. Not to say there aren't many quite deserving asswipes on that list (most), but there's also many undeserving.

They've settled a few libel cases lately before discovery -- cases they could easily have won if there wasn't evidence of asstwattery in their files, like confirmation of money for listing or reckless disregard.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Which is what Mistwell is trying to accomplish. Right good. Left bad.
    Nope. I am not shy and would have said that if that's what I meant. You know that. And who would I be trying to persuade that was the case if that's the method I chose to do it? Nobody obviously as nothing I've posted says in any way "right good" or even "most of left bad". My point has only been that right now, in this moment, more violence seems to be coming from the left than the right. And I only raised that in response to an allegation of the opposite.
    I like hats.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So have you done any research on right wing violence? At all? If all the research you've done is on left wing violence then you're going to be biased on that. It's like those damned studies that says oranges are bad for you.

This is from Forbes:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#62a65db11e74

This is from Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism

This is a list of extremist attacks by type and group
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror...nti-government

So don't tell me the Left is committing more acts of violence then the Right. Neither extreme side is full of puppies and lollypops, but the right has more under it's belt then the left thank you very much.

There actual comparisons. Wow.
    Last edited by kirinke; August 2nd, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

So don't tell me the Left is committing more acts of violence then the Right. Neither extreme side is full of puppies and lollypops, but the right has more under it's belt then the left thank you very much.

There actual comparisons. Wow.
    Those don't compare the problem, though. The vast majority of instances on both sides are not acts of terror that will make those lists. If I had to guess, I'd say the right probably has the lead, but I doubt that it's a blowout.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Depends on what you count as right-wing or left wing groups. Just the anti-abortion crowd alone would bounce the right to the top of the list and then add the KKK and other White Supremist groups....

So yeah, acts of violence on either side are bad, but let's face it, the right wing groups put the left wing groups to shame on their collective stupid.

• Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast