Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Civil War 2.0

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Right, so if it's bad behavior on the right, it's fake news. If it's bad behavior on the left, how horrible. I didn't expect better of you.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Right, so if it's bad behavior on the right, it's fake news.
    Point to where in the post it said 'fake news'.

In other words, words have meanings, learn to read and comprehend them.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...c-rss_20180710

Man, 92, beaten with brick on street, told to 'go back to your country'
    Yeah, not cool.

This, however, amused me greatly. Heckling in public is perfectly fine (though not threats, I'm not terribly cool with the "we know where you live" crap), especially for a public servant, though juvenile name-calling is, in my opinion, pretty weaksauce.
    News I bring;
    Bells the stag, winter snow
    Summer is past
    Wind high and cold
    Low the sun, short its course
    Seas run strong;
    The russet bracken its shape is lost
    Wild goose raises wanton cry
    Cold lays hold on wings of bird
    Time of ice
    This I heard.

-9th c. Irish

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    In other words, words have meanings, learn to read and comprehend them.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-drug-dealer

'Rapists, animals, drug dealers': woman abuses US Latino man in echo of Trump

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    False narrative is a fancy way of saying 'fake news'.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Not exactly. The news was real, but it was presented in a way that is deceptive. These days both sides engage in both fake news and deceptive news tactics. It's frustrating.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2018...-yell-illegal/

Legislative staffers say pro-Trump supporters called them ‘illegal’ for being dark-skinned

Navajo legislator also says protesters asked him if he is in the U.S. illegally

One member of the group, a man, came back to tell the protester that she and others “need to get educated.”

They exchanged a few more words, and he said, “This land wasn’t your guys.’” She yelled at him as he walked away, “You are an illegal alien.”

When the man denied the accusation, the woman responded: “Those guys are illegal … They do not have any rights here. It is not their time. This is our time. Our nation. Our laws. Our streets.”
    This is un-American.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No. Again, words have meanings, so do phrases. A false narrative is one where facts may be presented, but a tale is woven to distort the story.

In this case did you come away thinking "Those poor Hispanics, yelled at by a drunk asshole and the cops did nothing". If so, the author of that narrative put exactly the correct spin on it.

Like all these pieces Farside is linking to, as though suddenly. out of the blue, racists are shouting mean things at colored people only because they've been emboldened by Trump and his absolute crushing victory over the left and everything decent.

When in truth, asshole racists been shoutin mean things at darkies since forever. It just wasn't 'news' before.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'll grant that, some people do use the term 'false narrative' as a way of dismissing news they don't like or agree with and use it in the same manner as 'fake news'.

Personally, if I'm going to hate somebody it's because of what they do. Not because of something stupid like skin tone. It's like hating somebody because they have blue eyes or some shit like that. It doesn't make that right either exactly, but eh. Human here. At least I don't have an irrational hatred of all things French.

I just have a perfectly rational hatred of all things Trump.
    Last edited by kirinke; July 11th, 2018 at 02:01 AM.

When in truth, asshole racists been shoutin mean things at darkies since forever. It just wasn't 'news' before.
    Two Americans detained by a Border Patrol agent after he heard them speaking Spanish

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5a061747d37e

ICE held an American man in custody for 1,273 days. Hes not the only one who had to prove his citizenship

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

Navajo legislator also says protesters asked him if he is in the U.S. illegally
    Well.....was he?

What?
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

ICE held an American man in custody for 1,273 days. He’s not the only one who had to prove his citizenship

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
    You know, we can find articles of illegals murdering and raping people all over the place. Do you think that these citations mean much overall? They're exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself. Just like the illegals that are rapists and murderers are the exceptions to the rule.

The media, overall, kind of already blew their chance to really send the current POTUS and his astonishing ego off the deep end; as they needed to start doing what I suggest next the day after he got elected (though the effects could still be interesting were they to start this now):

He likes seeing his name everywhere, and the bigger the headline the more he likes it. So, to any and all media outlets everywhere:

DON'T USE HIS NAME!

Instead of "Trump Signs New Proclamation" as a headline, say "President Signs New Proclamation". Instead of referring to the "latest Trump tweet", call it the "latest POTUS tweet". Refer only to the position or the office, not the man.

He'd shit himself.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    The liberals won him the last election by engaging in that sort of behavior, not because they voted for him.
    Geezus, you actually believe that. You are really, really stupid.

That's a soft peddle for George Soros.
    Ah, the old Jew conspiracy rhetoric from the alt-reich. One that has zero basis in fact and yet is still touted and spouted by retards like you. Here's an interesting fact: Soros is only worth about $8 billion. Guess how much the Koch bros., the Mercers, the Murdochs, Adelson, et al. spend to influence elections and undermine democracy throughout the world? I'll give you a hint: one of them owns a propaganda cable channel that consistently spreads lies to support Trump.

A vote for Trump was a vote against globalism.
    Oh look, another ignorant, far-right talking point with zero basis in fact. Christ, you don't even know what globalism means, for fuck's sake. Go on, tell me, as you type it out on your Chinese-made keyboard, sitting your fat, stupid arse down on your shitty, Chinese-made faux-leather chair and chug your off-brand, knock-off cola (from China).

You are completely delusional.
    Says the moron squirting the rhetorical diarrhoea of white-nationalists out of his mouth that he lifted from his the_Donald, 4chan, Storm Front, Gamergate buddies (who are mostly Russian).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

• Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast