Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718
Results 256 to 265 of 265

Thread: Civil War 2.0

  1. #256
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,033

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Oy vey. You are sort of right and I'm completely wrong on that. It was actually it was coined 2008. My bad. Research before you post and curb your emotions self!!!!!

    I guess it just gained national attention during the election. They weren't as noisy before hand.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-ri...and_presidency

    Ovi is still a fuckwit though. You don't give evil an inch. Even if it is stupid as hell.
    Of course you do. Means do not justify ends, else you become the evil you claim to fight. Taking a principled stand in favor of freedom of speech doesn't mean that you don't speak back to bad speech. I fully support counter-protesting and counter-claiming bad speech. Go do work to show it's evil and shouldn't be listened to, don't give your freedoms to a state so that you don't have to work hard while they suppress things you don't like with force. They'll come for you one day, they always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

 

  • #257
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,043

    Ignore User
    Evil prevails when good people do nothing bub.
    But yeah, the government shouldn't decide who says what. They would turn that against everyone else the first chance they get, because hey, government. (I never said the government should) That's what the first amendment is for. It's up to the rest of us to drown the fuckers out. That also means not electing those assholes into any position of power.

    Still, the president of the United States should not support these assholes in any degree. The very fact that it took so long for El Orange Turdo to do so speaks volumes on who he really is.

    You're still a fuckwit. I stand by that.

    Me, I fucking hate those motherfucking assholes. They offend every flaming liberal fiber I have. Fuckers should have gone out with phrenology. Would have saved us all a shit ton of trouble if they had.
    Last edited by kirinke; August 14th, 2018 at 12:51 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #258
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,033

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Evil prevails when good people do nothing bub.
    Speaking out against isn't doing nothing.

    But yeah, the government shouldn't decide who says what. They would turn that against everyone else the first chance they get, because hey, government. (I never said the government should) That's what the first amendment is for. It's up to the rest of us to drown the fuckers out. That also means not electing those assholes into any position of power.
    Right, you stridently claimed that they shouldn't be allowed to speak. Are you saying that citizens should use force to stop them if you're no longer relying on government to do so?

    Still, the president of the United States should not support these assholes in any degree. The very fact that it took so long for El Orange Turdo to do so speaks volumes on who he really is.
    Right, because saying something isn't enough if it's said too late to meet some arbitrary standard of need you've set up. I don't like the clown, but for fuck's sake he's been very unambiguous on the matter.

    You're still a fuckwit. I stand by that.
    Right, even though you're walking back your stupid, I'm the fuckwit. Gotcha.

    Me, I fucking hate those motherfucking assholes. They offend every flaming liberal fiber I have. Fuckers should have gone out with phrenology. Would have saved us all a shit ton of trouble if they had.
    Then offend all my conservative and libertarian fibers, too. I had to slap someone I overheard at work a few months back for poor taste joking. Pretty sure he's a dyed in the wool racist, but I can't do much about it so long as he keeps their mouths shut in the workplace from now on. I give it about a year before it comes out again, and this time it goes up to employee relations (or, goes up again). Already been documented the first time. Not going to tolerate that bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #259
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,387

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Problem.

    You don't ever give a Nazi (however you want to call them White supremacist, White nationalists etc) the right to civil discourse.
    Learn more about rights in America.
    I like hats.

  • #260
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,784

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Nazis (white supremacists, Klan, white nationalists, alt-right) are the sociopolitical equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a theatre.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #261
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,033

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Nazis (white supremacists, Klan, white nationalists, alt-right) are the sociopolitical equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a theatre.
    You mean an incorrect myth?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #262
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,784

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    You mean an incorrect myth?
    Oh my god, you utter turd.

  • #263
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,387

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Nazis (white supremacists, Klan, white nationalists, alt-right) are the sociopolitical equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a theatre.
    Again, learn more about rights in America. That's the Supreme Court ruling. It's the law of the land. They are definitely, specifically, NOT the equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a theater. That's something you should be aware of. It's not a matter of opinion, that's the status of rights in America, as authorized by the U.S. Constitution. It's a matter of fact. They do in fact have the right to express their opinion in public, and it is not considered a risk to safety that they express their opinion such that their speech can be suppressed to prevent harm like a riot in a theater.

    You don't have to like that, but then you don't have to fucking like the laws of physics either. They're still the laws of physics and that is still the law of the U.S..

    This is in fact part of liberalism and not conservatism (though it is not a part of leftism, and one of the things which distinguishes liberalism from leftism). The ACLU for example agrees with the Court ruling and my view of it, and not yours. Your view is considered more on the authoritarian spectrum of political beliefs, and you would find more in common with hard right wingers who want to suppress speech (like suppressing sex and violence in video games and movies - for the protection of people) than you would with liberals.
    Last edited by Mistwell; August 15th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
    I like hats.

  • #264
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,784

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Again, learn more about rights in America. That's the Supreme Court ruling. It's the law of the land. They are definitely, specifically, NOT the equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a theater. That's something you should be aware of. It's not a matter of opinion, that's the status of rights in America, as authorized by the U.S. Constitution. It's a matter of fact. They do in fact have the right to express their opinion in public, and it is not considered a risk to safety that they express their opinion such that their speech can be suppressed to prevent harm like a riot in a theater.

    You don't have to like that, but then you don't have to fucking like the laws of physics either. They're still the laws of physics and that is still the law of the U.S..

    This is in fact part of liberalism and not conservatism (though it is not a part of leftism, and one of the things which distinguishes liberalism from leftism). The ACLU for example agrees with the Court ruling and my view of it, and not yours. Your view is considered more on the authoritarian spectrum of political beliefs, and you would find more in common with hard right wingers who want to suppress speech (like suppressing sex and violence in video games and movies - for the protection of people) than you would with liberals.
    That's a lot of writing.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #265
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    30,383

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    You don't have to like that, but then you don't have to fucking like the laws of physics either. They're still the laws of physics and that is still the law of the U.S..
    That's a really bad analogy.

    Don't like the laws of physics? Fucking suffer cause you ain't changin them.

    Don't like the laws of the US? Lobby to change them, work within the political system to get elected and influence changing them, stage an armed revolution to overthrow the system and change them, etc.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •