Page 1 of 42 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 616

Thread: Civil War 2.0

  1. #1
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User

    Civil War 2.0

    It has begun...


    John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/o...amendment.html


    Rarely in my lifetime have I seen the type of civic engagement schoolchildren and their supporters demonstrated in Washington and other major cities throughout the country this past Saturday. These demonstrations demand our respect. They reveal the broad public support for legislation to minimize the risk of mass killings of schoolchildren and others in our society.
    That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

 

  • #2
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,679

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    It has begun...


    John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/o...amendment.html


    Rarely in my lifetime have I seen the type of civic engagement schoolchildren and their supporters demonstrated in Washington and other major cities throughout the country this past Saturday. These demonstrations demand our respect. They reveal the broad public support for legislation to minimize the risk of mass killings of schoolchildren and others in our society.
    That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.
    Senile old git.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #3
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,555

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Senile old git.
    He just wants to take guns away from blacks so they can't defend themselves...







    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #4
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,932

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #5
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Wow, so it's all tha librulz fault, not the fault of actual white supremacists and the liars and immoral thieves in power, no, and hey, ignore the years of violent rhetoric from the right, and the fact that the civil war wish was begun by racists, ignore that Fox News has actively and consistently and often implied the need for violence against immigrants and even children, yeup, it's all those fucking hippies and their dope smoking and Fox News are the good guys.

    Fuck you're stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #6
    Western society passed the hunter-gatherer stage quite some time ago. Therefore why do we need guns, bows, or any other missile weapon today in a modern civilized society? (hint: we don't)

  • #7
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,012

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Western society passed the hunter-gatherer stage quite some time ago. Therefore why do we need guns, bows, or any other missile weapon today in a modern civilized society? (hint: we don't)
    Dude, we keep the fantasies in our games.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Western society passed the hunter-gatherer stage quite some time ago. Therefore why do we need guns, bows, or any other missile weapon today in a modern civilized society? (hint: we don't)
    Republicans and the gun lobby (the same people really), are selling (via propaganda) the illusion of empowerment with guns. They are selling that illusion to the same people who feel they are losing power and thus needed to vote for Trump.

    The gun question in the US can't be understood in a vacuum. It is all connected to questions of taxing the rich, voting rights, immigration, slavery, worker rights, racism, sexism, the Republican party and its donners.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #9
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,679

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Western society passed the hunter-gatherer stage quite some time ago. Therefore why do we need guns, bows, or any other missile weapon today in a modern civilized society? (hint: we don't)
    So, the weak should be entirely at the mercy of the strong? "Modern civilized society"? While we have been making strides in recent centuries, humans are still animals, with all that goes with it, including aggression. Weaker members of society need to be able to protect themselves...unless you think "Better that you get beaten,robbed, raped, and/or killed than you shoot some pigfucker in self-defense".

    Tho god help you if you're a POC when you do it.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #10
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,555

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Tho god help you if you're a POC when you do it.
    Only becuase the SJWs haven't figured out how to take over the justice department. Once they do though... it'll be open season on whites and males.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #11
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,932

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Weaker members of society need to be able to protect themselves...
    That's what laws and a professional police force are for, it isn't the wild west anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #12
    Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    8,366

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    That's what laws and a professional police force are for, it isn't the wild west anymore.
    Trust the Man!

    I'm going to lose my money on all those Fuck the Man t-shirts I going to sell at demonstrations....dammit....
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

  • #13
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,679

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    That's what laws and a professional police force are for, it isn't the wild west anymore.
    Laws do not protect anybody, laws only prescribe reactive punitive measures. The police certainly don't. The police are almost completely reactive, and it has been confirmed by the SCOTUS that they indeed have no duty to protect any given member of the public -- they're there to enforce "the law".
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #14
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,555

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    That's what laws and a professional police force are for, it isn't the wild west anymore.
    And this is why your freedom of speech in the UK has been eroding so rapidly. No way to protect it from governmental overreach.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    And this is why your freedom of speech in the UK has been eroding so rapidly. No way to protect it from governmental overreach.
    You think guns would make a difference? No wonder you voted for Trump.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • Page 1 of 42 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •