Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: The State of the Reich

  1. #1
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User

    The State of the Reich

    Trump Accuses Democrats of ‘Treason’ Amid Market Rout


    WASHINGTON — President Trump on Monday accused Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address of being un-American and even treasonous. His remarks came in a rambling, discursive speech at a factory in Ohio, during which he celebrated his revival of the American economy as the stock market plummeted by more a thousand points.

    “Can we call that treason?” Mr. Trump said of the stone-faced reaction of Democrats to his speech. “Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”
    If you support, in any way, shape, or form, this fucking lunatic, then you're a piece of shit, and a really fucking dumb one to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

 

  • #2
    Trump is a textbook demagogue.

  • #3
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,639

    Ignore User
    He's not smart enough for that. He makes 3cat look intelligent.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #4
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    I'm not a Nazi!

    Sure mate, whatever you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #5
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,987

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    If you support, in any way, shape, or form, this fucking lunatic, then you're a piece of shit, and a really fucking dumb one to boot.
    There is a bit of unfair editting going on in that clip and the article, and other articles I've seen. He wasn't being critical just because they weren't clapping him, but that they wouldn't even clap good news like lowest black/hispanic unemployment figures. Plus the treason call came from the audience and he stupidly ran with it.

    The sooner he is out of office the better, but he says enough terrible shit on his own that you don't need to report half-truths to make him look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #6
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,987

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    I'm not a Nazi!

    Sure mate, whatever you say.
    How the fuck is he the only person running? Can they not find anyone else to run? I don't think I understand US politics enough to grasp how this is possible.

    What are his chances of getting actually elected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    How the fuck is he the only person running? Can they not find anyone else to run? I don't think I understand US politics enough to grasp how this is possible.

    What are his chances of getting actually elected?
    He's a Republican in Cook County (which mostly means the City of Chicago) which is overwhelmingly Democratic, so yeah, they can't find anyone else to run. He's a serial candidate and the Republicans have actually managed to get him kicked off the ballot before.

    His chances of getting elected are zero.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #8
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,987

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    He's a serial candidate and the Republicans have actually managed to get him kicked off the ballot before.

    His chances of getting elected are zero.
    Can they not just kick him out the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Can they not just kick him out the party?
    US Parties don't have a lot of control over who can call themselves members; so long as you can gather enough signatures to get on a ballot, you can associate yourself with whatever party you choose to.

    Here's a good article I just saw on this particular race from the Atlantic.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #10
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,987

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    US Parties don't have a lot of control over who can call themselves members; so long as you can gather enough signatures to get on a ballot, you can associate yourself with whatever party you choose to.
    Oh right so all this is just press using this nutjob to paint the Republicans in a bad light... although I suspose he does have to get those signatures at least, is it a stupidly small number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #11
    In his case it was 800 signatures, I think. As for the press painting Republicans in a bad light, I think it's mostly that it's becoming clear in the US that the R's are having a heck of a time getting good candidates to run this cycle, and this is an egregious example of how that plays out.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

  • #12
    Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    8,373

    Ignore User
    I said this on FB - this is gerrymandering writ large. The district was designed to keep Lipinski's father in office. The son (and incumbent) benefits from the same. As KC points out, this is heavily democrat as it is, and the way the district is drawn makes it a joke. No republican is going to run...



    And just to be clear, this is not an indictment of democrats' gerrymandering. This example just happens to be a district drawn for them.
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

  • #13
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    neo-Nazism isn't on the rise in America and isn't a threat...

    http://www.smh.com.au/world/in-the-u...08-p4yzs5.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #14
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Oh look, another Nazi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #15
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •