Thread: Goddamn you all to Hell!

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User

Goddamn you all to Hell!

U.S. democracy is in grave danger, a new Economist report warns

Democracy is in under siege around the world, according to a new report by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The annual Democracy Index tracks the health of the world's governments. And the results for 2017 are depressing. In 89 countries, democratic norms look worse than they did last year, the report's authors write. Just 4.5 percent of the world's residents live in fully functioning democracies, down from 8.9 percent in 2015.

That precipitous drop is thanks, primarily, to the United States. In 2016, the Economist demoted the country from a "full" to "flawed" democracy, citing a "serious decline" in public trust in U.S. institutions. In 2017, the United States didn't fare any better, retaining its same rank and score. As the report's authors explain, President Trump was able to tap into the disempowerment felt by voters, who are frustrated with U.S. political and economic stagnation.
    You maniacs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

I saw Charlton Heston on stage in Love Letters in 1997. Extraordinary performance. His reprisals of Mark Antony were also very good.

I sort of forgave him his crazy after that.