Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Brexit and Ireland

  1. #1
    I don't FEEL wealthy. Ulrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    4,287
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User

    Brexit and Ireland

    They're finally tackling the hard question! And it's an absolute shitshow.

    I cannot see anyway that you can have Brexit, an open border on Eire, and an open border between NI and the rest of the UK. I.e., you cannot have Brexit and the Good Friday agreement.

    Talk about a ticking bomb.

    Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

 

  • #2
    Girls Gone Spoony! Spoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    6,573
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Well, maybe North Ireland can have a referendum to leave the UK and join the Irish Republic. We've seen weirder "never gonna happen" things so far this decade.

  • #3
    EVOLVED: extra chromosome! Zappo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Patavium, Gallia Transpadana
    Oratio
    3,351
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Well, maybe North Ireland can have a referendum to leave the UK and join the Irish Republic. We've seen weirder "never gonna happen" things so far this decade.
    The unionist party will never allow that, so if the government wanted to do it, they'd have to find a majority without the unionists. However, if the government was able to find a majority without the unionists, then they would just go ahead with the earlier proposal of letting NI have special status. So, I don't see a scenario where a referendum happens.
    You say that I am testing the gods' patience? Oh... I'd rather call myself an experimental theologian.
    Factol Terrance

  • #4
    Yablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Oratio
    2,847
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    And Russia, who helped with Brexit, is laughing.
    I am not Gary Busey.

  • #5
    I don't FEEL wealthy. Ulrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    4,287
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The unionist party will never allow that, so if the government wanted to do it, they'd have to find a majority without the unionists. However, if the government was able to find a majority without the unionists, then they would just go ahead with the earlier proposal of letting NI have special status. So, I don't see a scenario where a referendum happens.
    Furthermore, even if the Tories had a majority without the DUP, the Unionists would scream bloody murder if anything like that is proposed (which they're doing at the moment).

    Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

  • #6
    Westworld Magnificent COMMUNITY SUPPORTER diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,629
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    fuck the irish

    diaglo "was diverted during landing b/c the irish lauched a mortar round at the runway in london" Ooi
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #7
    Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio
    23,691
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    The large majority of the population in NI are Unionists.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

    PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

  • #8
    Girls Gone Spoony! Spoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    6,573
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The large majority of the population in NI are Unionists.
    But are the majority of the companies? After all, in both the UK and the US, that's what matters. Not the people. Not anymore.

  • #9
    I don't FEEL wealthy. Ulrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    4,287
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The large majority of the population in NI are Unionists.
    So option "ignore the unionists and paint the border in the irish sea" is definetly off the table then?

  • #10
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,969
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    So option "ignore the unionists and paint the border in the irish sea" is definetly off the table then?
    Pretty much. Ulster had been divided in a way to preserve a 60/40 pro-union split. Now the British government would have to ignore the people in NI, and I don't think this would fly.

  • #11
    I don't FEEL wealthy. Ulrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    4,287
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    There's only one thing you can say about this...



    Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

  • #12
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,705
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    fuck the irish
    *sigh*

    I'll get the lube and rubbers...
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #13
    Yablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Oratio
    2,847
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    *sigh*

    I'll get the lube and rubbers...
    Fuck the Irish! It feels like you're fucking a potato!
    I am not Gary Busey.

  • #14
    COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    8,343
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    ...rubbers...
    Dude...talk about cultural insensitivity...

    or


    Dude...why do you need galoshes?
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

  • #15
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,969
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Dude...talk about cultural insensitivity...
    Maybe he wants to remove the freckles?

    Last edited by Turjan; December 7th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •