Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: [NFL] Head to head Pick'em 2017

Province
    Humble (Houston), TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Can't argue too much except for the direct disagreements on picks.

Time to continue facing facts: the Giants are terrible and have a depleted roster. Gotta take Washington.

The Texans face a similar problem to the Giants minus a veteran QB. Indy is no great shakes but I'll take the home team. It may be worth mentioning that the Texans are the last team the Colts beat, 6 games ago.
    Yup, I think Washington takes the Giants.

The Texans are a train wreck. The Colts are a dumpster fire. No thanks! But again, I'd go home team there.

Down to the dregs ... ish. The Chefs are the only (really?) good team left on the board (I just don't trust the Jags even with their 10-5 record). But they are on the road and have nothing to play for ... they are set as the #4 seed in the playoffs. They are a road favorite according to FPI, but 3.5 underdog according to Vegas. Pick'em players like them 84% to 16%. Ahg! That game is a pain the ass.

Can say almost exactly the same for Jags-Titans.

So ... can't revert to form here: I think all of the road teams are likely to win each of the last three games, but I'd give 10 to 1 odds against a 3-game parley on those road teams.

That's it. Take the two for sure playoff bound teams to win on the road against lesser divisional rivals and let you decide if you think the Bills will win for a chance to get in.

Bills @ Dolphins

JC: Patriots over Jets
    Brent: Steelers beat Browns
    Brent: Vikings beat Bears
    JC: Ravens over Bengals
    JC: Seahawks over Cardinals
    Brent: Chargers beat Raiders
    Brent: Aints beat Bucs
    JC: Lions over Packers
    JC: Falcons over Panthers
    Brent: Rams beat 49ers
    Brent: Eagles beat Cowgirls
    JC: Washington over Giants
    JC: Colts over Texans
    Brent: Jags beat Titans
    Brent: Chefs beat Broncos
    JC:
    you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Nall View Post
    Yup, I think Washington takes the Giants.

The Texans are a train wreck. The Colts are a dumpster fire. No thanks! But again, I'd go home team there.

Down to the dregs ... ish. The Chefs are the only (really?) good team left on the board (I just don't trust the Jags even with their 10-5 record). But they are on the road and have nothing to play for ... they are set as the #4 seed in the playoffs. They are a road favorite according to FPI, but 3.5 underdog according to Vegas. Pick'em players like them 84% to 16%. Ahg! That game is a pain the ass.

Can say almost exactly the same for Jags-Titans.

So ... can't revert to form here: I think all of the road teams are likely to win each of the last three games, but I'd give 10 to 1 odds against a 3-game parley on those road teams.

That's it. Take the two for sure playoff bound teams to win on the road against lesser divisional rivals and let you decide if you think the Bills will win for a chance to get in.
    Shit! Was kinda hoping the Chefs game would slip through. At the very least we get a look at KC's future with Mahomes.

As for my last pick, I'll take the team playing for something. I'd rather have a home team here even if it was dicey but Miami is an inconsistent mess so home field is sorta out the door.

JC: Patriots over Jets
    Brent: Steelers beat Browns
    Brent: Vikings beat Bears
    JC: Ravens over Bengals
    JC: Seahawks over Cardinals
    Brent: Chargers beat Raiders
    Brent: Aints beat Bucs
    JC: Lions over Packers
    JC: Falcons over Panthers
    Brent: Rams beat 49ers
    Brent: Eagles beat Cowgirls
    JC: Washington over Giants
    JC: Colts over Texans
    Brent: Jags beat Titans
    Brent: Chefs beat Broncos
    JC: Bills over Dolphins

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Th Rams have so little to play for? I'm surprised that one of the best teams in the league, at home, vs a shitty team, gets picked that late...

the 49ers did beat the Jaguars, I'll give them that.
    Last edited by Ulrik; December 28th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Th Rams have so little to play for? I'm surprised that one of the best teams in the league, at home, vs a shitty team, gets picked that late...
    That game is a heavy candidate for guys resting, either from the start or after halftime. Anyone with an injury certainly will be benched.

That said, they may come out breathing fire anyway. It's a new coach, no way to know his tendencies.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Being locked into that third or fourth seedóevery single game is importantóbut I think it will provide an opportunity for us to potentially get some guys healthier, rest them, give some other guys a chance to step up," McVay said in hisTuesday press conference.

"That's a luxury that we want to take advantage of," McVay continued. "And everything that we do is what we think is best for our football team."
    Guess that's why I'm sitting out this week!

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Province
    Humble (Houston), TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Looks like JC wins 5-4! Congratulations!
    you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    CM still makes my browser angry, so haven't scored it yet - but grats, JC! Is this your third or fourth championship?

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    CM still makes my browser angry, so haven't scored it yet - but grats, JC! Is this your third or fourth championship?
    I wanna say 2 but it might be 3 if we count that one season it was just us.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I wanna say 2 but it might be 3 if we count that one season it was just us.
    Of course we do!
    Last edited by Ulrik; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

• Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415