Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 615

Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #106
    Good news! Republican head of the oversight committee says Flynn probably violated the law by taking money from Russia. Nothing to see here, right?

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politi...ght-committee/
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

 

  • #107
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,366

    Ignore User
    Let's assume for a moment that Trump is caught on a hot mic having this conversation with Putin's top aid, just prior to the election? What would you say or want to do about this?

    President Trump: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

    Russian Aid: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

    President Trump: "This is my first election. After my election I have more flexibility."

    Russian Aid: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."
    I like hats.

  • #108
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,859

    Ignore User
    Really, any speculation in that direction is just laughable.


  • #109
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
    Really, any speculation in that direction is just laughable.

    Erhmigahd, the President met some RUSSIANS11!!ELEVEN!1

    Proofs!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #110
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,859

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Erhmigahd, the President met some RUSSIANS11!!ELEVEN!1

    Proofs!
    The really funny part of this is that the White House was furious that these images were published at all.

  • #111
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,366

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
    The really funny part of this is that the White House was furious that these images were published at all.
    I am waiting for your actual response to what you'd think if that conversation were overheard on a hot mic.
    I like hats.

  • #112
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Who, besides Misty, pays attention to Chomsky?
    squid face... or whatever he was called. that is why i don't.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #113
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    Around 50% of the sitting Democrats in Congress?
    they can go fuck themselves. they don't know how to think for themselves. they are spoonfed bullshit and eat it raw.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #114
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I am waiting for your actual response to what you'd think if that conversation were overheard on a hot mic.
    they executed the rosenbergs for less.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #115
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,859

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I am waiting for your actual response to what you'd think if that conversation were overheard on a hot mic.
    You really want an answer to that? I thought it was a rhetorical question. Wouldn't this be a judge's task to find out? It all depends on what "give me space", the only request for action in that conversation, refers to. Trump made some statements about the Russians cracking Hillary's email server that let this conversation look fishy, but even those were worded in a cautious way. He never said he asked for this to be done.

    Also, I'm not sure whether a private person (which Trump was in your example) is supposed to start negotiations about US defense matters, but in the end, he was elected president, so I don't think that matters. Not sure why I'm supposed to be an expert on US law suddenly, so no idea how a judge would see that, if it ever gets that far.

    In this sense, the "funny picture" wasn't just a joke answer. They probably really laugh about it, as long as nothing more substantial surfaces. And I laugh about the image because Trump (or in this case the White House) can't keep a straight story and lets his (or their) anger get the better of him. That's, as I said, why the image is funny in my eyes.
    Last edited by Turjan; May 12th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

  • #116
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,013

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
    The really funny part of this is that the White House was furious that these images were published at all.
    Yeah, but that's because they thought the Russian press guy was their official photographer and not State press. They had barred all press and allowed only the WH photog and what they thought was the official Russian photog. The Russians think this is funny as he'll, too, giving a good bit of a lie to the idea that it was secret meeting to give instructions to US patsy President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
    You really want an answer to that? I thought it was a rhetorical question. Wouldn't this be a judge's task to find out? It all depends on what "give me space", the only request for action in that conversation, refers to. Trump made some statements about the Russians cracking Hillary's email server that let this conversation look fishy, but even those were worded in a cautious way. He never said he asked for this to be done.

    Also, I'm not sure whether a private person (which Trump was in your example) is supposed to start negotiations about US defense matters, but in the end, he was elected president, so I don't think that matters. Not sure why I'm supposed to be an expert on US law suddenly, so no idea how a judge would see that, if it ever gets that far.

    In this sense, the "funny picture" wasn't just a joke answer. They probably really laugh about it, as long as nothing more substantial surfaces. And I laugh about the image because Trump (or in this case the White House) can't keep a straight story and lets his (or their) anger get the better of him. That's, as I said, why the image is funny in my eyes.
    Dude. You fell for it. That exact conversation actually happened, exactly as presented, just swap in Obama for Trump and change the date to 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #117
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,859

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Dude. You fell for it. That exact conversation actually happened, exactly as presented, just swap in Obama for Trump and change the date to 2012.
    Heh, I should have consulted the Mistwell chart before answering. Anyway, I don't think I have to actually change or rethink anything of my answer.

  • #118
    Religipster Enkhidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    7,096

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
    Heh, I should have consulted the Mistwell chart before answering...
    The flip side of the Mistwell chart is "I'm only angry about [X] when your party does it." I think we're going to see a lot of that over the rest of Trumps (hopefully single) term.

  • #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I am waiting for your actual response to what you'd think if that conversation were overheard on a hot mic.
    Context, moron. Context. Trump's administration is mired in suspicions of collusion with the Russian government and just fired the guy overseeing that investigation. Obama never was accused of any collusion with Russia.

    Damn, it is mind boggling how much you're a useful idiot for the Republicans.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #120
    Cockface! Turjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vienna
    Oratio
    5,859

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    The flip side of the Mistwell chart is "I'm only angry about [X] when your party does it." I think we're going to see a lot of that over the rest of Trumps (hopefully single) term.
    Sure. However, I'm not an American, and as such I'm just mildly curious about this Russian relationships thing. As most people on this planet, I will in one way or the other be subjected to some fallout from what Trump does, which explains my general interest. For what it's worth, I had hoped he would let the Russians wrap that Syrian crisis up, which would mean quieter times for Europe, but we will see. Or in other words, I'm really just amused about this, and it's not just a diversion from my side.

  • Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •