Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #271
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    When you start with bits of one thing and make it into another thing, that's not even remotely like the original, that's a complete fabrication. When you misrepresent what you've recorded, that's a complete fabrication. IE: A lie.

    And yes, I use the same criteria for liberal trolls. I know they come in all varieties.

    Yes, yes, link to the Liberally biased fact checker... no possible conflict of interest at all...

    Oh wait.
    That is an opinion piece written by a conservative right-winger. So yeah. Not buying your bits of proof there.

    Here's a wikipedia bit on O'Keefe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe

    Here's a wikipedia bit on snopes.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snopes.com

    For the Funneh:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
    Last edited by kirinke; June 29th, 2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: fucking auto correct.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

 

  • #272
    The thing you're missing is that even a Troll can be right about things. CNN has basically admitted that what was released is the truth. The video is pretty clear about what is being said. It's not as if he edited the guy multiple times in order go have him say, "Russia is a big nothing burger." and all of the other things he said like, "It's a witch hunt".

  • #273
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,213

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    That is an opinion piece written by a conservative right-winger. So yeah. Not buying your bits of proof there.
    Which one? The one from Forbes (right of center) or the one from Medium (left of center).

    You did notice I had two links yes? After all you quoted the post...

    Here's a wikipedia bit on O'Keefe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Keefe

    Here's a wikipedia bit on snopes.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snopes.com
    Wikipedia is at best left of center with it's editing these days. It used to be heavily liberal, but it's gotten better.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #274
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Yes, yes, link to the Liberally biased fact checker... no possible conflict of interest at all...

    Oh wait.
    I stopped believing SNOPES years ago. I mean, look at its track record...

    The addititves found in Red Bull? Hogwash!

    The cover-up of Mikey's death.. What is the government hiding?

    The true terror lurking in in Middle America. Protect your women!

    And how the corporate media is brainwashing our children. They should be stopped!

    They can't be trusted to ever give us the TRUTH. The spread only lies and disinformation. We all know the truth. My sister's roommate in college told me.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #275
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,696

    Ignore User
    Medium? Really? A blogpost, full of errors of fact, written by an "Internet entrepreneur" who chose to live in Texas?
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Medium? Really? A blogpost, full of errors of fact, written by an "Internet entrepreneur" who chose to live in Texas?
    Is it that surprising from a guy who is defending James O'Keefe's propagandic videos and keeps linking vids from Sargon of Akkad, someone's who's propaganda will bring people to neonazism according to an actual neonazi and founder of the Daily Stormer?

    NB is just a typical thought slave who will defend his tribe euphemistically called the "alt-right". Cause he needs to belong to a group to combat his loneliness. And he is alone because women feminists are the problem and why he will die single.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #277
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    The thing you're missing is that even a Troll can be right about things. CNN has basically admitted that what was released is the truth. The video is pretty clear about what is being said. It's not as if he edited the guy multiple times in order go have him say, "Russia is a big nothing burger." and all of the other things he said like, "It's a witch hunt".
    Aye, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Which is what it was, his opinion. Both he and CNN said as much and they also said they defend his right to have an opinion. It does not mean that it is the opinion of CNN. Which is why it shouldn't be taken seriously. Because really. Nothing O'Keefe does should ever, ever be taken seriously. You shouldn't feed trolls.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 29th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #278
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Which one? The one from Forbes (right of center) or the one from Medium (left of center).

    You did notice I had two links yes? After all you quoted the post...
    I only saw the one by the right-wing blogger. Which is all you have in the post I believe, unless you went back and edited it in. And dude, those sites in that quote just tell what is right from left. You're reaching.

    Wikipedia is at best left of center with it's editing these days. It used to be heavily liberal, but it's gotten better.
    I still trust Wikipedia more than I would a blog-post or James fucking O'Keefe. At least Wikipedia researches things that you can back-check for yourself.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 29th, 2017 at 11:34 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #279
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,180

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    I only saw the one by the right-wing blogger. Which is all you have in the post I believe, unless you went back and edited it in. And dude, those sites in that quote just tell what is right from left. You're reaching.



    I still trust Wikipedia more than I would a blog-post or James fucking O'Keefe. At least Wikipedia researches things that you can back-check for yourself.
    So do blogs. You shouldn't trust wiki, either. It's okay on basic science stuff far from controversy, but anything near being contestable is often in the middle of an editting war. And the gatekeepers, such as they are, are progressive and aren't afraid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

  • #280
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    It's still more trustworthy than a blog or O'Keefe. I didn't say you shouldn't independently fact check it yourself though. You shouldn't take anything online at face value unless you can fact check it against something else. But really, using a right-wing blog as a cite to prove your stance? That's..... Silly.

    Even when the fucker (O'Keefe mind you) gets something right on occasion, it's usually out of context or in the CNN case, a personal opinion that he misrepresents as being something the entire company is behind.

    He's the right wing equivalent of PETA. Only instead of focusing in on animals and related industries, he focuses in on political groups and such like. Neither one should be given the least bit of credulity. Even when they're right. You just feed the beast and encourage them to commit more acts of outlandish, illegal and stupid behavior.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 30th, 2017 at 12:39 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #281
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,180

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    It's still more trustworthy than a blog or O'Keefe. I didn't say you shouldn't independently fact check it yourself though. You shouldn't take anything online at face value unless you can fact check it against something else. But really, using a right-wing blog as a cite to prove your stance? That's..... Silly.

    Even when the fucker (O'Keefe mind you) gets something right on occasion, it's usually out of context or in the CNN case, a personal opinion that he misrepresents as being something the entire company is behind.

    He's the right wing equivalent of PETA. Only instead of focusing in on animals and related industries, he focuses in on political groups and such like. Neither one should be given the least bit of credulity. Even when they're right. You just feed the beast and encourage them to commit more acts of outlandish, illegal and stupid behavior.
    When a prominent lead of CNN's Russia coverages says there's nothing there, but still does many stories implying there's something there on the air for CNN most every night, that's more than opinion, it's dishonest journalism. Sure, it's Van Jones, and sure, he's pretty much on par with Hannity for his role on the network, but if there's a big delta between a personal opinion and what you air every night on your opinion show, that's a bit more than minorly bad. It's clear evidence of dishonesty. That we excuse it because we don't like the asshole that brought it to our attention and instead spend way more time talking about what an asshole he is and how dishonest he is is a serious problem. Big name at big network is clearly acting dishonestly -- personal opinion. Self proclaimed activist is misleading -- fuck him, he needs to burn in hell, no one listen to this guy. Yeah, sure, tell me again about how much effort you're putting in to discredit O'Keefe while you excuse Van Jones. At best, they're equally shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

  • #282
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,648

    Ignore User
    Simple. It's O'Keefe. He deserves every bit of discredit. Just like I happily mock and discredit everything PETA does, I will happily mock and discredit everything O'Keefe does. Even if he gets it right on occasion (which is rare). The reason? You don't feed the troll. If you do, the fucker just gets bigger. Gah. I just loathe those kind of Trolls.

    Personally, I think the Russia/Trump thing probably isn't going to go anywhere, but then I'm also perfectly happy with it causing Trump as much grief as possible. Every time he spews on Twitter, an angel gets its wings.

    Oh, here's an article about the entire debacle:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hing-burger-l/

    I consider most talk-news people to be highly annoying at the best of times, so if you think he's a dick, I'm not going to disagree with you. All talk show hosts and political commenters on TV are pretty much all dicks in some manner or form anyway. Some are just more so than others.

    My own initial gut reaction involving anything with O'Keefe is to disbelieve it. It takes a great deal to convince me that it's true. Posting right wing blogs and nothing cites to prove your point does little to convince me.

    Giving a reasonable response? Does more to convince me. Ovi 1, nail bunny 0.

    Sheesh. nail bunny, do better next time! You know I hate agreeing with Ovi on anything!!!!!
    Last edited by kirinke; June 30th, 2017 at 02:52 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #283
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,409

    Ignore User
    Neither CNN nor the people involved with the recordings have denied, in any way, anything on the tapes. None of them say it is altered or unfairly edited, and all comments have been simply "Well that's their opinion".

    Continuing to make this about the guy who made the recordings is a distraction. If everyone agrees the tapes are real, then they're real and the things said on the tapes are fair game to talk about even if you don't like or trust the guy who hit the record button.
    I like hats.

  • #284
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Aye, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Which is what it was, his opinion. Both he and CNN said as much and they also said they defend his right to have an opinion. It does not mean that it is the opinion of CNN. Which is why it shouldn't be taken seriously. Because really. Nothing O'Keefe does should ever, ever be taken seriously. You shouldn't feed trolls.
    It is an opinion, but it is a very informed opinion. He's a producer of the news for CNN. He knows what's going on more so than you or I. CNN can try to shine off his statements as just some shmoe opinion, but it's not going to fly very well.

  • #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Neither CNN nor the people involved with the recordings have denied, in any way, anything on the tapes.
    Good. Do not feed the trolls by bringing attention to Republican propaganda.

    None of them say it is altered or unfairly edited, and all comments have been simply "Well that's their opinion".
    People aren't entitled to their opinions or are you commiting a compostion fallacy? Considering who you are and your record it is obviously the fallacy.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •