Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #256
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,173

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Riiight, because the Republican field was just falling over themselves to be kind and polite. And there aren't people like McCain in the party that aren't bitterly set against Trump. It's all roses and kittens.
    No, no, Ovi. Remember it's okay when they do it.

    -- nail "not actually a member of any political party at all" bunny.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

 

  • #257
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    CNN producer privately admits there is no proof of a Trump / Russian crime, it's all just a bullshit ratings-based narrative. And they keep pushing that narrative, at directions from the top, for ratings and not because it's factual news.
    I like hats.

  • #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    CNN producer privately admits there is no proof of a Trump / Russian crime, it's all just a bullshit ratings-based narrative. And they keep pushing that narrative, at directions from the top, for ratings and not because it's factual news.
    Misty post fraudulently edited videos now? That is a new low even for a partisan ueful idiot like him.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #259
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,173

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    CNN producer privately admits there is no proof of a Trump / Russian crime, it's all just a bullshit ratings-based narrative. And they keep pushing that narrative, at directions from the top, for ratings and not because it's factual news.
    No surprise here.

    "It's a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss... All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you're just like, that's adorable. That's adorable. This is a business."
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #260
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,696

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    CNN producer privately admits there is no proof of a Trump / Russian crime, it's all just a bullshit ratings-based narrative. And they keep pushing that narrative, at directions from the top, for ratings and not because it's factual news.
    You have absolutely no shame, do you?
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    You have absolutely no shame, do you?
    In an age of misinformation, how can you be so certain the opposite is true.

  • #262
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,639

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    You have absolutely no shame, do you?
    Isn't the founder of project veritas a conservative troll that is known for misleading and completely fabricating videos to push his own agenda? Just saying, if a site like that publishes something you need to independently verify it before even considering that it's true. Well, really you need to do that with any article from any site in general. If it comes from an extreme right or left wing site, you need to be especially careful.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 28th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #263
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,173

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Isn't the founder of project veritas a conservative troll that is known for misleading and completely fabricating videos to push his own agenda?
    Let's take these points one at a time...

    Troll? Not really. Muckraker? Yes, most deliberately. He has an agenda and he seeks out "evidence" to support this rather than doing things correctly.

    Completely fabricating videos? I don't think he's ever made up anything in his videos. Misrepresent via careful editing? Yes.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #264
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,159

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Let's take these points one at a time...

    Troll? Not really. Muckraker? Yes, most deliberately. He has an agenda and he seeks out "evidence" to support this rather than doing things correctly.

    Completely fabricating videos? I don't think he's ever made up anything in his videos. Misrepresent via careful editing? Yes.
    Isn't all that careful, and certainly isn't all the time, although that's the charge leveled to discredit everything he does. He is a muckraker, true, but, at this point, his credibility is on par with WaPo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #265
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,166

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    ...but, at this point, his credibility is on par with WaPo.
    I'd argue it is better than WaPo. Definitely better than CNN...

  • #266
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,639

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Let's take these points one at a time...

    Troll? Not really. Muckraker? Yes, most deliberately. He has an agenda and he seeks out "evidence" to support this rather than doing things correctly.

    Completely fabricating videos? I don't think he's ever made up anything in his videos. Misrepresent via careful editing? Yes.
    Err..... I disagree: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro...ection-videos/

    He's a troll. He consistently targets liberal/progressive organizations and people.
    All of his videos are heavily edited or stitched together. They may have started out as something real, but by the time he gets through with them, they might as well be something completely new. That's a complete fabrication in my book.

    So yeah. Not buying your argument.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 28th, 2017 at 11:47 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #267
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,159

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Err..... I disagree: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro...ection-videos/

    He's a troll. He consistently targets liberal/progressive organizations and people.
    All of his videos are heavily edited or stitched together. They may have started out as something real, but by the time he gets through with them, they might as well be something completely new. That's a complete fabrication in my book.

    So yeah. Not buying your argument.
    So much wrong, here, almost as bad as an edited O'keefe video.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #268
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Err..... I disagree: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro...ection-videos/

    He's a troll. He consistently targets liberal/progressive organizations and people.
    Wait...an investigative reporter who consistently targets liberals/progressives is a troll?

    Wow...you just don't hear yourself, do you. No sense of irony at all there.

    All of his videos are heavily edited or stitched together. They may have started out as something real, but by the time he gets through with them, they might as well be something completely new. That's a complete fabrication in my book.

    So yeah. Not buying your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    You have absolutely no shame, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadras View Post
    In an age of misinformation, how can you be so certain the opposite is true.
    CNN's repose was "“CNN stands by our medical producer John Bonifield,” the network said in a statement Tuesday afternoon. “Diversity of personal opinion is what makes CNN strong, we welcome it and embrace it.”".

    They didn't deny a single thing in the video. In fact it looks like they're confirming it's accurate, and just his opinions.

    And then a second video was dropped, with Van Jones who is a much higher profile one who does do political reporting, saying essentially the same thing calling the whole Trump/Russia thing "A big nothing burger".

    He later responded to the video saying, ""I think Democrats are fooling ourselves if we think that something is going to come out of this investigation that is somehow going to end the Trump Presidency and make everything better. Unless there is a real smoking gun which there is probably not, its just going to be a big old mess. Meanwhile we are not talking about jobs, not talking about poverty, not talking about solutions, not talking about the addiction crisis. Lets talk about our stuff.""

    So he also seems to confirm the video is accurate.

    Tell me again how this is about the guy who filmed this and not CNN? If neither CNN nor the people in the videos say anything is inaccurate, and in fact CNN just says, "Well that's just their opinions" are you still going to pretend they're fake videos?
    Last edited by Mistwell; June 29th, 2017 at 02:29 AM.
    I like hats.

  • #269
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,639

    Ignore User
    He's a troll because he targets people with fabrications and lies and uses those lies to further his own crackpot agenda. He is certainly no reporter. At best he's a shock jock. At best.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It doesn't mean the dude speaks for the company. Which is what O'Keefe is trying to make this sound like. You're buying into it.

    Sigh... Why do I even try? You see something on a right-wing site and immediately think it's true.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 29th, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #270
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,173

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Yes, yes, link to the Liberally biased fact checker... no possible conflict of interest at all...

    Oh wait.

    He's a troll.
    That word doesn't mean what you think it means. It's not just a word you can slap on someone to make yourself feel good when you punch them, it has a definition and a meaning in this social context, and you are using it wrong.

    He consistently targets liberal/progressive organizations and people.
    That does not make him a troll or even incorrect. It makes him a conservative activist.


    Which yes, is reason to look at his videos with a heavily skeptical eye. Same as I do for Liberal activists.

    In this case he's just saying something that I've known for a few years, the news media is unethical.

    That's a complete fabrication in my book.
    It's okay that you're wrong. Everyone get's to be wrong on things.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •